Phil Parky's blue and white army

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Phil Parky's blue and white army

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Oct 2017 14:28

Jackson Corner Bolton have had a transfer ban, so getting them up was an outstanding achievement. It's no surprise they are struggling this season. If we go down which is looking more likely as the weeks go by he would be a great choice.

Bolton havnt just got a transfer ban, they have a wage cap as well. No player can earn more than 4k a week. I think its fair to say that even if Mourinho was managing that lot they would be bottom.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 01 Oct 2017 14:29

Jackson Corner Bolton have had a transfer ban, so getting them up was an outstanding achievement. It's no surprise they are struggling this season. If we go down which is looking more likely as the weeks go by he would be a great choice.

Bolton havnt just got a transfer ban, they have a wage cap as well. No player can earn more than 4k a week. I think its fair to say that even if Mourinho was managing that lot they would be bottom.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Oct 2017 14:38

No no no. Not Parky.

Pardew? I'd have him back. He's a quality manager.

However I want Stam to fix this.

WAZZOCK

by WAZZOCK » 01 Oct 2017 15:01

Barcelona Blue One of our own now

If we can't get Parky's.GIlksy will do it

I enjoy a good WUM, but this is just appalling.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Oct 2017 16:00

As suggested above, I also want Stam to fix this mess and show just what it is he is trying to build here. Think the issue maybe partly down to his inexperience and perhaps he could do with a mentor to call on.

If it does all go horribly wrong for him then I would also back a return for Alan Pardew.

But before we go down the road if next manager discussions let's wait for the next 4 games to unfold in their entirety.

Dr_Hfuhruhurr
Hob Nob Addict

by Dr_Hfuhruhurr » 02 Oct 2017 07:51

We tried re-instilling some sort of local interest in Reading FC when we re-employed McDermott but that didnt work at all. Ive seen nothing to suggest Parkinson would fare any better.

We're firmly in a Meh era. Meh players for a Meh manager playing Meh football for a Meh club. We know it and any player that signs for us know it. The club needs to change its outlook - I think only a forward thinking NEW manager can do that. And if we can do 1 or 2 competitive signings per window instead of 5 off the C-list or lower then MAYBE we can make some progress then. If we cant build a club then we might as well play around the back for 70% of the game, the end result will be the same.

Tilehurstsouthbank
Hob Nob Regular

by Tilehurstsouthbank » 02 Oct 2017 09:57

Kitsondinho Bolton fans are starting to seem keen that he returns to Reading......

Agent Parky can't return to Reading until the destruction of our Playoff nemesis has been assured...

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Oct 2017 10:04

Dr_Hfuhruhurr . Meh players for a Meh manager playing Meh football for a Meh club. The club needs to change its outlook - I think only a forward thinking NEW manager can do that.

Isn't that what happened last season though? New manager, new ideas etc.

I honestly think to get the results he did last year with that squad was very far from 'meh'. Which is why he has bought some time through his obvious failings of this season so far

If he shows an unwillingness to be flexible and continues to field clearly flawed line ups after the break, I will start to lose faith. But I'm hoping he uses the break to get his own head straight, realise what we are doing wrong and fix it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Oct 2017 10:25

Wonder how many times he gets asked about THAT game at Bolton.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 03 Oct 2017 14:04

Ascotexgunner
The Royal Forester I don't think Parky is the answer at the moment. I notice that bringing back Pardew has surfaced, although he would be better than Parky, Pards seems to have been out of the game too long in my opinion. I am backing Jaap for now. Give him a bit more time, it is not always better to chop and change every few bad results.

Funny I heard Pardews name mentioned yesterday on radio and after the game. I thought there are too many people with long memories for him to return?

Those with the long memories also remember the style of play we had and how he turned us from a Division 2 side heading for Division 2 to challenging for the playoffs in the Championship.

Hi might come back if he doesn't have a better offer and we pay him the going rate, the main issues he had were with John Madejski and Nigel Howe and one of them isn't here.