Weekend Football

6189 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Weekend Football

by Stranded » 06 Dec 2020 20:50

Quite mad that despite just taking 1pt from 33, 2 wins probably sees them out of the bottom 3. Bottom 4 really are awful this season.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Dec 2020 22:48

Old Man Andrews
URZZZZ
Old Man Andrews Yeah thought this at the time. You take one for the team and get a one match ban, simple decision to make.

Sheffield United are doomed.

Thought they’d struggle but not by this much

Seems like they’re badly missing O’Connell and Henderson, and looks like Norwood and Fleck are struggling badly so far this season

They are reminding me a bit of Reading in our second Premier League season.

Yeah, think I said something similar earlier on in the season

Also think they’re being badly affected by having no fans, I guess it’s the same for everyone though

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 06 Dec 2020 22:49

Turning out to be an interesting fight for top at the moment

Liverpool were very good tonight, Tottenham conceded 0 from City, Chelsea and Arsenal, and there doesn’t seem to be many points separating top 6

Hopefully will be a close title race, most seen to have been done and dusted by January in the last few years, with the exception of 18/19

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 11 Dec 2020 23:34

URZZZZ Moyes done really well at West Ham, can see them doing well next season if they keep hold of star players

Rice and Soucek make a really strong midfield base

Made this comment in July, not looking a bad prophecy

Rice and Soucek are arguably one of the best midfield duos in the league, their strengths bounce off each other so well

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 12 Dec 2020 09:31

URZZZZ
URZZZZ Moyes done really well at West Ham, can see them doing well next season if they keep hold of star players

Rice and Soucek are arguably one of the best midfield duos in the league, their strengths bounce off each other so well

Pleased for Moyes. Weren't West Ham fans crying when he came back?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 12 Dec 2020 11:05

Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZ

And their style, albeit not the 1960’s Academy of Football, is not that bad to watch either

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 13 Dec 2020 01:35

Franchise FC
Pepe the Horseman
URZZZZ

And their style, albeit not the 1960’s Academy of Football, is not that bad to watch either

West Ham fans are utter cnuts. They hate Moyes. So Moyes doing well makes me happy.

Identical to Newcastle.

I’m chuckling at both sets of fans. Both an absolute shower of cnuts.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 13 Dec 2020 11:15

URZZZZ

How bad is Haller though?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Dec 2020 15:34

South Coast Royal
URZZZZ

I don’t think he’s a bad player but not sure he suits West Ham too much

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 13 Dec 2020 16:33

So against the other “top 6” (loose as Arsenal is included in this), so far in four games, City have only scored two and conceded three

Wonder if Pep has finally decided to become more pragmatic in order to win the Champions League because although their attack looks a lot more blunt this year, they’re keeping plenty of clean sheets

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 15 Dec 2020 21:52

there are more points separating the bottom 2 than there are the top 10.

Madness

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Dec 2020 13:23

URZZZZ
South Coast Royal
URZZZZ

He was truly excellent when he played for Frankfurt, formed a deadly partnership with Luka Jovic.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 Dec 2020 13:36

Stranded
URZZZZ
South Coast Royal

He was truly excellent when he played for Frankfurt, formed a deadly partnership with Luka Jovic.

Although expensive none of the central strikers Haller, Joelinton nor Wesley have done much although I think Wesley has been injured.

All 3 have the physical presence that used to be the expected norm for that position in English football but with Liverpool setting the trend along with City and Leicester the more mobile rather than a hold-up striker has become more popular.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 16 Dec 2020 13:41

South Coast Royal
Stranded
URZZZZ

Although expensive none of the central strikers Haller, Joelinton nor Wesley have done much although I think Wesley has been injured.

All 3 have the physical presence that used to be the expected norm for that position in English football but with Liverpool setting the trend along with City and Leicester the more mobile rather than a hold-up striker has become more popular.

Think the game now is less about the physical side if you are a striker and more about the pacy and skillfull side, tbh. it is why Vardy has done so well for so long, he is rapid

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Dec 2020 14:52

Although I've got the football on, there's not much in the games today to really pique my interest.

However, from what I've seen Burnley have been absolutely turned over by some bizarre refereeing decisions.

1. Leeds penalty. When Bruno Fernandes had the ball graze his shin pad, through no action of his own, despite taking someone out a few weeks ago, the penalty decision was overturned. I assume it's just because ... Nick Pope comes out and clearly plays the ball but a penalty given. Then the brain fart that is Paul Robinson compares it to the Pickford/VVD incident. Well, Paul, that wasn't given as a penalty because VVD was offside FIRST. Yes, it should have been a red card, but not a penalty

2. Burnley goal disallowed/no penalty. Where do I start ? Leeds keeper goes full on knee in the back of the Ben Mee, who was minding his own business nearly on the edge of the 18 yard box. Keeper drops the ball, and another Burnley player turns and shoots in. Goal is disallowed and foul on the keeper given. One watch from VAR would (sorry, should) absolutely have overturned that, but ...

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 27 Dec 2020 22:34

West Brom’s record looking good against the top sides

Drew at Anfield
Drew at Etihad
Drew with Chelsea
Only just lost to Spurs and United

They need to start picking up points against the “lesser sides” and they’ll be OK

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 29 Dec 2020 19:00

Romaine Sawyers with a lovely og for WBA tonight.

https://twitter.com/primevideosport/sta ... 09920?s=09

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 30 Dec 2020 00:06

I’m coming round to the idea of a football “circuit breaker” in January. IMO although it’d be late notice, I reckon they should get through the next round of fixtures, then take a good 2/3 weeks off, including the FA Cup 3rd round weekend

I get it’s easier said than done but with rumours of Tottenham Fulham being off tomorrow, the rate of postpones games are increasing

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 30 Dec 2020 14:37

Aw bless, Leeds getting pissy because Karen Carney suggests the Covid break helped prevent Leeds from blowing up.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Dec 2020 12:41

From Despair To Where? Aw bless, Leeds getting pissy because Karen Carney suggests the Covid break helped prevent Leeds from blowing up.

Yeah friend posted that with outrage to our 5aside whatsapp. Had to bite my tongue to avoid commenting.

6189 posts