MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

203 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

by Hound » 28 Aug 2021 19:37

I think performances have to improve immediately. I expect he’ll get 3-4 more games as things stand but the last 3 games have been utterly unacceptable

Should have the new players integrated, hopefully Ovie back and maybe any uncertainty about players leaving done by then. Back to being hard to beat. Needs to give MM and LM and massive kick up the arse or drop them

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 28 Aug 2021 19:41

Simon's Church
Linden Jones' Tash “This is part of the game and part of becoming mature – for the youngsters, and those who aren’t so young who might have forgotten how this feels, this is a good reminder. But it should only be a reminder – and it should never happen again.”

What is he talking about?

What should never happen again...

Defeat?.... it's happening every week....

So how is he proposing to ensure it doesn't?

Why are people allowed to spout this nonsense and not called out on it?...

Helps mature the youngsters... we had 2 players under 24 starting the game, one of whom played 30+ times last season. We were 3-0 by the time any of the actual kids came on.

Its just nonsense, isn't it?

Getting repeatedly beaten by shipping avoidable goals from set pieces, because of poor defensive tactics, isn't a learning moment, unless you actually learn......

And we just seem to be doing the same thing over and over...

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 28 Aug 2021 19:47

Pauno’s post match interviews send me to sleep. There’s just no substance to what he’s saying at all. Reminds me of Gomes. Tactically clueless.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2021 19:48

Notts Royal Pauno’s post match interviews send me to sleep. There’s just no substance to what he’s saying at all. Reminds me of Gomes. Tactically clueless.

Does anyone take notice of any post match interview ever?

And he certainly won’t talk tactics in it

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 28 Aug 2021 19:51

Hound Just watched the highlights. Fcuk me. 4 of the worst bits of defending you could ever wish to see

Can’t work out which one is the worst. Probably the first but the second and fourth push it close. With the third not too far behind

With the top two to play in the next three games, Peterborough could be a huge game for us already

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 28 Aug 2021 20:00

Cripple Creek On the plus side according to the BBC today's attendance was around 150,000 which makes it the most well attended game of any football match club, international or otherwise in the entire history of the global game.

Feel bad for the 50,000 traveling Royals.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 28 Aug 2021 20:16

URZZZZ
Hound Just watched the highlights. Fcuk me. 4 of the worst bits of defending you could ever wish to see

Can’t work out which one is the worst. Probably the first but the second and fourth push it close. With the third not too far behind

With the top two to play in the next three games, Peterborough could be a huge game for us already

Third wins it for me I think

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 28 Aug 2021 20:35

Well that was a fun day out. First game in the flesh since the Wigan home game that we lost 3-0 in February.

Had a really good day.

All the traffic on the motorway was on the other side. Two hours each way, door to door. Stopped off for a Five Guys burger. Got a negative PCR test result texted to me.

Really nice local beer. Found the Gasworks car park. The McAlpine stadium has really stood the test of time and looks a great stadium. Great idea by Huddersfield to provide a thinned down programme for free paid for by advertisers.

Friendly locals. And then it turned to shit when the game kicked off.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2021 20:40

I haven’t seen yet. Which was the one when the lad walked through our entire team like we’d all been cryogenically frozen?

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2021 20:42

Notts Royal Pauno’s post match interviews send me to sleep. There’s just no substance to what he’s saying at all. Reminds me of Gomes. Tactically clueless.

Listened about 20 seconds. Can’t do it. More cringe useless soundbites. Don’t know if even he believes his own crap.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 28 Aug 2021 20:44

CountryRoyal

Listened about 20 seconds. Can’t do it. More cringe useless soundbites. Don’t know if even he believes his own crap.

"Warrior spirit"

The guy is a broken record.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 28 Aug 2021 20:45

Dodged questions about his future, no attempt to bravado it out

He’s gone

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 28 Aug 2021 20:48

Uke Dodged questions about his future, no attempt to bravado it out

He’s gone

It’s a shame because I genuinely do like him as a person (as much as you can on a superficial basis without knowing someone). Sadly I just don’t think he’s a very good manager as his records in men’s, league football shows.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Aug 2021 20:54

Parallels with Jose Gomes. Nice guy, talks a good game, players like him. Great stuff.

Seemingly has no understanding of how football is played in the championship nor how to adapt to it. Defensively an utter shitshow.

I’ve seen a lot of absolute toilet over the years. But atm I’m so sick of being a Reading fan. I just want someone to make the fcuking team play as a fcuking team.

Pulis? Parky? I don’t care anymore just someone who can send the team out to do the basics and not be shit ALL the time.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 28 Aug 2021 20:56

At least we have nice kits this season

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 28 Aug 2021 21:07

Hound
URZZZZ

Third wins it for me I think

Second one for me because it’s practically a carbon copy of Brizzle’s set piece goal against us where three opposition players are free in our box with one of them bound to score. It’s spectacularly poor defending from which they are not learning. It makes my blood boil.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 28 Aug 2021 21:42

leon Parallels with Jose Gomes. Nice guy, talks a good game, players like him. Great stuff.

Seemingly has no understanding of how football is played in the championship nor how to adapt to it. Defensively an utter shitshow.

I’ve seen a lot of absolute toilet over the years. But atm I’m so sick of being a Reading fan. I just want someone to make the fcuking team play as a fcuking team.

Pulis? Parky? I don’t care anymore just someone who can send the team out to do the basics and not be shit ALL the time.

Sadly it’s not the same club we all fell in love with. We sold our soul when Madejski went/we sacked Brian v1; there was something different about us before then. Not now.

And due to all of that, we’ve seen a gradual decline in attendances, to the point where we now struggle to fill half the stadium. This club doesn’t have any fight, personality, heart any more. Very sad

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Aug 2021 21:47

Notts Royal
leon Parallels with Jose Gomes. Nice guy, talks a good game, players like him. Great stuff.

Sadly it’s not the same club we all fell in love with. We sold our soul when Madejski went/we sacked Brian v1; there was something different about us before then. Not now.

And due to all of that, we’ve seen a gradual decline in attendances, to the point where we now struggle to fill half the stadium. This club doesn’t have any fight, personality, heart any more. Very sad

I remember the days when we seemed to be permanently on the pitch at Elm Park complaining about something. I think this is the lot of most (non glory hunting) football fans - nothing ever goes well.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 28 Aug 2021 22:22

leon
Notts Royal

I remember the days when we seemed to be permanently on the pitch at Elm Park complaining about something. I think this is the lot of most (non glory hunting) football fans - nothing ever goes well.

There's so much RTG stuff about the pre-SJM selling the club to a dodgy Russian, (which none forced him to, so he shoulders a lot of responsibility in my book) days....

I'm old enough to remember Pants Day...

This isn't about lack of investment... it's about whether the Coach knows how to set a team up to avoid shipping goals or maximise the fit players he has....

I'm not so sure...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 28 Aug 2021 23:49

Good luck seeing any immediate improvement with some tough games coming up.

203 posts