Pauno out

3542 posts
Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2021 19:11

Royal_jimmy
SCIAG
Royal_jimmy Whilst Pauno has had his hands tied Adkins had to rely on Jake Taylor who's now at Stevenage and Aaron Kuhl who doesn't play professionally anymore. I think even though we were poor he wasn't that bad vs who has managed us since.

Pauno has 2 capable midfielders in Laurent and Rinomhota, an unbalanced but capable defence but a depleted forward line.

Pains me to say it but I'd have Adkins back.

Dejan Tetek has played more games for us than Aaron Kuhl did. And Kuhl was a better player than Tetek who would probably be playing at about this level if he hadn't had a terrible run of injuries.

That said it's fair to say we were pretty patchwork at times in Adkins' second season. Akpan played far too much.

I disagree, I don't think Aaron Kuhl was very good

You’re not allowed to disagree with SCIAG on youth players Jimmy. He’s the oracle don’t you know :roll: . If you have different opinion to him you apparently you know nothing about football. I agree with you though Jimmy, he was shit.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 30 Aug 2021 19:28

Brogue
Royal_jimmy
SCIAG Dejan Tetek has played more games for us than Aaron Kuhl did. And Kuhl was a better player than Tetek who would probably be playing at about this level if he hadn't had a terrible run of injuries.

That said it's fair to say we were pretty patchwork at times in Adkins' second season. Akpan played far too much.

I disagree, I don't think Aaron Kuhl was very good

You’re not allowed to disagree with SCIAG on youth players Jimmy. He’s the oracle don’t you know :roll: . If you have different opinion to him you apparently you know nothing about football. I agree with you though Jimmy, he was shit.

From what I've seen Tetek > Kuhl. Kuhl had a lot more hype about him, but perhaps Tetek would have too were his debut season not been predominated by the exploits of Joao, Olise, Laurent and generally a team that had as much relative success as it did.

I echo the other poster who said that apparently Kuhl did have attitude problems and his commitment to football was far from resolute. Heard this from one of his old friends.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 30 Aug 2021 19:32

I thought Kuhl was the real deal. He always looked like he had time on the ball and seemed like a fine passer. He briefly broke into the first team but for whatever reasons it didn’t work out. Serious injuries didn’t help thereafter.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 30 Aug 2021 20:46

Zip I thought Kuhl was the real deal. He always looked like he had time on the ball and seemed like a fine passer. He briefly broke into the first team but for whatever reasons it didn’t work out. Serious injuries didn’t help thereafter.

Same, remember seeing him play in that U23 PL Cup winning side and couldn’t wait to see him get into the first team on the regs.

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 31 Aug 2021 10:33

Zip I thought Kuhl was the real deal. He always looked like he had time on the ball and seemed like a fine passer. He briefly broke into the first team but for whatever reasons it didn’t work out. Serious injuries didn’t help thereafter.

He was a bit of an ego player IIRC.... thought he was a lot better then what he was, although he was good.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Aug 2021 18:17

He was very good when he played. A few MotM shouts iirc. Shit he certainly was not.

His career fell apart, but then it wouldn't be hard for many of the young lads coming through to have similar trajectories.

Injuries, poorly thought out loans to 'toughen him up', father on the payroll and questionable attitude / hyped to the point he didn't deal with it well maybe have done for him.

But yeah, I'd say if you saw him and thought he was shit, you'd have to be a bit clueless or have a ropey memory.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 31 Aug 2021 19:04

Snowflake Royal

He was very good when he played. A few MotM shouts iirc. Shit he certainly was not.

His career fell apart, but then it wouldn't be hard for many of the young lads coming through to have similar trajectories.

Injuries, poorly thought out loans to 'toughen him up', father on the payroll and questionable attitude / hyped to the point he didn't deal with it well maybe have done for him.

But yeah, I'd say if you saw him and thought he was shit, you'd have to be a bit clueless or have a ropey memory.

Same as your beloved Dennis Rakkels yeah?.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Sep 2021 16:53

Think I'm definitely in the out camp now. Still conceding too many goals.

Have to win vs Peterborough

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 11 Sep 2021 16:56

Not going to be in the Out camp, but really would not give a shit if he goes.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Sep 2021 17:02

I’m struggling to suppress the conclusion that he doesn’t know how to put a team together to compete in this league.

And if that’s the case then we need someone who can, otherwise we are fcuked.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Sep 2021 17:02

He has to go.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 11 Sep 2021 17:08

If you keep repeating the same mistakes and costing the team points, surely someone has to notice....

He should be toast after that substitution

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Sep 2021 17:11

19 goals conceded in 7 matches in league and cup just isn't good enough and the manager refuses to learn from his mistakes

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Sep 2021 17:12

Wow.

I was very close to Pauno Out last season when most were gushing over him finishing us 7th, and I've been anti-Pauno this season but come on this is all reactionary negativity here just because we didn't win.

That was a fantastic game, we were very good and the signings that we've seen are generally good.

Ok shite substitution, shite defending as ever but let's not be too harsh on Pauno, that was a MASSIVE improvement.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 11 Sep 2021 17:14

leon I’m struggling to suppress the conclusion that he doesn’t know how to put a team together to compete in this league.

Perhaps if he was choosing which players to sign it would help instead of them being foisted on him

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 11 Sep 2021 17:16

Millsy Wow.

I was very close to Pauno Out last season when most were gushing over him finishing us 7th, and I've been anti-Pauno this season but come on this is all reactionary negativity here just because we didn't win.

That was a fantastic game, we were very good and the signings that we've seen are generally good.

Ok shite substitution, shite defending as ever but let's not be too harsh on Pauno, that was a MASSIVE improvement.

How was it an improvement? We conceded 3 goals again!!!!!!
Last edited by Royal_jimmy on 11 Sep 2021 17:17, edited 1 time in total.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Sep 2021 17:17

Harpers So Solid Crew
leon I’m struggling to suppress the conclusion that he doesn’t know how to put a team together to compete in this league.

Perhaps if he was choosing which players to sign it would help instead of them being foisted on him

Link :?: I thought It was made quite clear that our chief exec can’t speak English and pauno was given complete license to sign the players including doing the contract negotiations.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 11 Sep 2021 17:17

Harpers So Solid Crew

He doesn’t pick the team and make the substitutions then?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 11 Sep 2021 17:35

Royal_jimmy
Millsy Wow.

How was it an improvement? We conceded 3 goals again!!!!!!

The performance. We looked pretty good. We also scored 3 and could/should have won that game. 3-3 at the death feels like a defeat but against high flying QPR a draw/almost-win is a good result.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 11 Sep 2021 17:46

Brogue
Harpers So Solid Crew

Link :?: I thought It was made quite clear that our chief exec can’t speak English and pauno was given complete license to sign the players including doing the contract negotiations.

You believe everything the club say.

Can't give a source, it's how it works.

3542 posts