Weekend Football

6189 posts
Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Weekend Football

by Franchise FC » 18 Oct 2021 15:54

Winston Biscuit
Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit Bottom 7 teams in the Premier League have won a total of 5 games from all their combined 55 league matches this season. 3 of those 5 wins were against other teams in the bottom 7

That’s a stunning stat.

came up with it myself too when browsing league tables this morning 8)

Don’t suppose you can post the two outliers :wink:

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 18 Oct 2021 15:55

Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit
Franchise FC That’s a stunning stat.

Watford beat Villa and Palace beat Spurs

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 18 Oct 2021 15:58

Winston Biscuit
Franchise FC
Winston Biscuit

Watford beat Villa and Palace beat Spurs

Thank you

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 18 Oct 2021 23:17

Palace have the makings of a very good squad, especially when Eze returns from injury. Front four of Olise, Eze, Zaha and Edouard could be very tasty indeed

Points wise, they haven’t excelled so far but then again they have played Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea already as well as games against Brentford, Brighton and West Ham (teams that have all started strongly)

They do need to maintain concentration levels throughout the game, that’s a couple of times they’ve conceded to almost the last kick of the game

Arsenal, on the other hand weren’t great. Don’t like to always pick on individuals but Lokonga really hasn’t impressed me whenever I’ve seen Arsenal, seems to be a fair amount of hype surrounding him but struggling to see it myself

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 19 Oct 2021 16:53

How did McArthur not get a red card for hoofing Saka up into the air?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 19 Oct 2021 17:19

6ft Kerplunk How did McArthur not get a red card for hoofing Saka up into the air?

He got Mike Dean'd

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 09:10

Goal of the season contender from Plymouth last night https://twitter.com/TheLeaguePaper/stat ... ubxmw&s=19

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 20 Oct 2021 09:19

Pepe the Horseman Goal of the season contender from Plymouth last night https://twitter.com/TheLeaguePaper/stat ... ubxmw&s=19

Quality stuff. I thought the days of play being allowed to continue in those conditions were behind us!

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 09:21

Sanguine
Pepe the Horseman Goal of the season contender from Plymouth last night https://twitter.com/TheLeaguePaper/stat ... ubxmw&s=19

Quality stuff. I thought the days of play being allowed to continue in those conditions were behind us!

Rounded off with a Klinsmann dive in the puddle.

Apparently there were only 5-10 mins left when it started sh*tting it down, but still, you don't expect to see that in the football league! Should've been pulled back for the foul throw at the very beginning anyway, annoys me so much that they're rarely given.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 20 Oct 2021 09:49

Pepe the Horseman Should've been pulled back for the foul throw at the very beginning anyway, annoys me so much that they're rarely given.

You'd have loved watching Jnr II's match last Sunday. For once they had a proper ref* rather than one of the coaches doing it. He was rightly pulling them up for foul throws that normally get either let go or just made to take again and giving the throw to the opposition. You could tell he regretted it by the tone of his voice after about the hundredth time of saying "you have to have both feet on the ground".

* young lad at the start of his refs career, did make a big difference to how the game flowed with no favouritism to either team. Which was helpful as the previously unbeaten league leader opposition didn't take too kindly to losing to our mid-table plodders and were getting quite snidey with late tackles.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Oct 2021 10:06

6ft Kerplunk
Pepe the Horseman Should've been pulled back for the foul throw at the very beginning anyway, annoys me so much that they're rarely given.

You'd have loved watching Jnr II's match last Sunday. For once they had a proper ref* rather than one of the coaches doing it. He was rightly pulling them up for foul throws that normally get either let go or just made to take again and giving the throw to the opposition. You could tell he regretted it by the tone of his voice after about the hundredth time of saying "you have to have both feet on the ground".

* young lad at the start of his refs career, did make a big difference to how the game flowed with no favouritism to either team. Which was helpful as the previously unbeaten league leader opposition didn't take too kindly to losing to our mid-table plodders and were getting quite snidey with late tackles.

He's gonna go all the way to the top.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 23 Oct 2021 14:25

Norwich are such a pathetic excuse for a football team :lol:

Wonder when big Sam will join them?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 24 Oct 2021 09:47

It's all part of the plan. Take the PL shilling until you've amassed enough money to turn Carrow Rd into a large soufflé dish.

Like the Norwich defence, a good soufflé is lightweight and full of holes.

Simmops
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Simmops » 24 Oct 2021 14:45

From Despair To Where? It's all part of the plan. Take the PL shilling until you've amassed enough money to turn Carrow Rd into a large soufflé dish.

I found it so funny on MOTD where Keown said "This is Deja Vu"

Jenas "Is that a new centre back? Norwich need him at the moment"

:lol:

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 24 Oct 2021 22:31

Simmops
From Despair To Where? It's all part of the plan. Take the PL shilling until you've amassed enough money to turn Carrow Rd into a large soufflé dish.

I found it so funny on MOTD where Keown said "This is Deja Vu"

Jenas "Is that a new centre back? Norwich need him at the moment"

:lol:

4 goals in the last 23 Prem league games and counting

Antonio scored as many against them in 63 minutes than they have in the last 2,200 minutes of Prem football. Farke possibly in trouble soon

Speaking of Antonio, IMO the decision to exclude him from England squads have been one of Southgate’s biggest mistakes. Without diminishing the work of others (Bamford, DCL, Watkins etc) they don’t cause half as much danger as Antonio did. Really think he could have been an option for the Euros just gone by but seemingly Southgate thought different

Kane woeful again, really hasn’t got going with regards to league form

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Oct 2021 10:21

Agreed that Antonio was a big oversight, and for the reasons you state - I simply don't see how he couldn't have added more to the squad than the likes of Watkins and Bamford.

He's 31 now (fcuking hell) - totally understand why he ultimately decided to represent Jamaica.

6ft Kerplunk
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by 6ft Kerplunk » 25 Oct 2021 10:29

Pepe the Horseman
6ft Kerplunk

He's gonna go all the way to the top.

Once again Jnr II's match had a proper ref. This time a late middle aged cockney geezer who was a bit more lenient on foul throws "Nah fella, you're gonna have to take that again. Gotta throw it from behind yer 'ead in one motion, both feet on the ground". His accent was such a contrast to everyone else's I thought I might have to act as a translator.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 25 Oct 2021 11:50

Sanguine Agreed that Antonio was a big oversight, and for the reasons you state - I simply don't see how he couldn't have added more to the squad than the likes of Watkins and Bamford.

He's 31 now (fcuking hell) - totally understand why he ultimately decided to represent Jamaica.

Rumours are that he isn’t going to carry on with Jamaica either - don’t believe they can quality for the World Cup now (could be wrong here) and by the time the best major tournament comes up, may be too old. That, with his dodgy hamstrings, makes it rather futile carrying on with them. Can perhaps instead focus on pushing West Ham to another European finish and dare I say, top four finish, they’re a very efficient side

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 25 Oct 2021 12:01

URZZZZ
Sanguine Agreed that Antonio was a big oversight, and for the reasons you state - I simply don't see how he couldn't have added more to the squad than the likes of Watkins and Bamford.

Rumours are that he isn’t going to carry on with Jamaica either - don’t believe they can quality for the World Cup now (could be wrong here) and by the time the best major tournament comes up, may be too old. That, with his dodgy hamstrings, makes it rather futile carrying on with them. Can perhaps instead focus on pushing West Ham to another European finish and dare I say, top four finish, they’re a very efficient side

And a big Fcuk You to all those people who said Moyes was a shit manager. A few on here tbh.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 25 Oct 2021 12:05

URZZZZ

Looks unlikely but they aren't yet halfway through CONCACAF final qualifying*. Just one win in six games so far though, against bottom side Honduras.

*On that note, Canada look in good shape to make only their second ever World Cup (they made it in 1986) - currently third and unbeaten in the final round of qualifying, and having already played their two toughest games, away in Mexico and the US.

6189 posts