776 posts
Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by Hound » 05 Nov 2021 10:02

Stranded
Hound
Stranded
Agreed and thats the problem in a nutshell. At one point, he looked to be performing at PL squad player levels, hence why Brighton were sniffing around but since we tied him down to allegedly a PL wage contract, he definitely seems to have accepted that that chance has gone and is "coasting" through his career knowing he won't ever get a pay day like this again - and not sure I blame him too much.

But he has definitely regressed from player who could do a job in the PL, to one that a side looking at the play-offs may take a punt on at the right price/free. Kind of linked to what someone went above but I do wonder if players get stale staying at the same club too long - it'll be 6 years come the summer for Moore here without major success - 1 PL final, 1 7th rest relegation. One of the main drivers why Swift will definitely go for my money, he's been here 6 years too, that's probably more than long enough to stay at a club unless it is successful regularly.

to be fair to Swift he seems to be really focussed this year. I think prob being out injured a fair bit means he hasn't gone stale in quite the same way

Oh yeah, do not take that as a dig at Swift and agree the staleness will be less of an issue but after 6 years regardless, I don't expect him to sign a new deal esp. as he will have offers. I certainly wouldn't sign one in his shoes and not sure too much effort should be wasted in trying to persuade him to do so.

With Swift as well I imagine him having a good season means he moves to Bournemouth/Norwich/wahtever team gets relegated and has tons of parachute money to spend and a great season means a move to an actual Prem club like Palace or Brighton etc

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 05 Nov 2021 11:14

I am generally baffled for the hate (and it is) for Moore. Putting the salary to one side, he is an excellent championship defender and if he were to sign for any other club in this division their fans would be creaming themselves in his signing. Relatively passionate and puts his body on the line, i would rather see him in the team than not.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 Nov 2021 11:36

paultheroyal I am generally baffled for the hate (and it is) for Moore. Putting the salary to one side, he is an excellent championship defender and if he were to sign for any other club in this division their fans would be creaming themselves in his signing. Relatively passionate and puts his body on the line, i would rather see him in the team than not.

Not sure I agree. He was ok last season and decent under Stam but he's pretty bang average at this level. I was disappointed when we didn't sell him to Brighton for £8m. Easily replaced as many centre backs are and contributed towards the FFP morass we are in.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 05 Nov 2021 12:29

Hound
Stranded
Hound
to be fair to Swift he seems to be really focussed this year. I think prob being out injured a fair bit means he hasn't gone stale in quite the same way

Oh yeah, do not take that as a dig at Swift and agree the staleness will be less of an issue but after 6 years regardless, I don't expect him to sign a new deal esp. as he will have offers. I certainly wouldn't sign one in his shoes and not sure too much effort should be wasted in trying to persuade him to do so.

With Swift as well I imagine him having a good season means he moves to Bournemouth/Norwich/wahtever team gets relegated and has tons of parachute money to spend and a great season means a move to an actual Prem club like Palace or Brighton etc

Would have been perfect for Leeds under Bielsa - reported interest a couple of seasons ago

Always has the ingredients to be a Prem player but too many drawbacks to take the punt on. Think this January/the summer will be a different story as long as he keeps the form up

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Nov 2021 13:13

Royal_jimmy
paultheroyal I am generally baffled for the hate (and it is) for Moore. Putting the salary to one side, he is an excellent championship defender and if he were to sign for any other club in this division their fans would be creaming themselves in his signing. Relatively passionate and puts his body on the line, i would rather see him in the team than not.

Not sure I agree. He was ok last season and decent under Stam but he's pretty bang average at this level. I was disappointed when we didn't sell him to Brighton for £8m. Easily replaced as many centre backs are and contributed towards the FFP morass we are in.

yeah sadly he isnt an excellent champ defender any more for whatever reason. We concede far too many with him in the side.

Think its only Ian that seems to 'hate' him though and he has a somewhat weird and slightly distasteful obsession with both him and Ovie from the look of it.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Nov 2021 15:20

Moore is an easy target because he is on so much money. Overall he is an ok centre back and unlike most of our squad is usually available. He has constantly played through injuries and has put his body on the line many times.

I certainly don’t hate him. I will be glad when his wages are off the books though for obvious reasons.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 05 Nov 2021 15:28

Zip Moore is an easy target because he is on so much money. Overall he is an ok centre back and unlike most of our squad is usually available. He has constantly played through injuries and has put his body on the line many times.

I certainly don’t hate him. I will be glad when his wages are off the books though for obvious reasons.

This is how I see Moore as well. Ok CB, if he was on £10k (or probably even £15k), I think a lot of people would be more than happy with the level of performances.

I like him as a Reading player, but with our situation, I am looking forward to him leaving and his wages no longer being an issue.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2021 16:49

Stranded
Hound
URZZZZ
Moore has always been best playing next to a more experienced CB, both his best spells have come next to McShane (first season) and Morrison (last season). Feel he’s better when he’s not focusing on marshalling the defence as the “most experienced” one. Were a lot of plaudits for him and Miazga together as a two but I didn’t quite see that. Him and Ilori were too lightweight as a pairing too

He’s a fairly decent Champ defender but given the wages he’s on, not representing value for money. Find the notion that just because he’s on more money than he should be, he isn’t very good rather strange. Certainly better than Ilori was who ironically as a defender, couldn’t defend

Yeah that really. He is a reasonable champ defender, no more. Take the wages out and I think we'd all be a bit meh on him - fine if he plays, fine if not.

Obviously in our current situation its quite hard to divorce the wages from the overall performances though and he represents terrible VFM, esp as we could have pulled in about 10m for him. But that's done now, can't change it and we all know it

Agreed and thats the problem in a nutshell. At one point, he looked to be performing at PL squad player levels, hence why Brighton were sniffing around but since we tied him down to allegedly a PL wage contract, he definitely seems to have accepted that that chance has gone and is "coasting" through his career knowing he won't ever get a pay day like this again - and not sure I blame him too much.

But he has definitely regressed from player who could do a job in the PL, to one that a side looking at the play-offs may take a punt on at the right price/free. Kind of linked to what someone went above but I do wonder if players get stale staying at the same club too long - it'll be 6 years come the summer for Moore here without major success - 1 PL final, 1 7th rest relegation. One of the main drivers why Swift will definitely go for my money, he's been here 6 years too, that's probably more than long enough to stay at a club unless it is successful regularly.

Yep, said for a couple of years that part of the problem with Moore is he's watched his career go down the toilet with us. From aspiring PL player with a big future, to stale Championship perennial struggler.

We've ruined him and our finances for not moving him on.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2021 16:53

Royal_jimmy

Only has to keep putting his body on the line because his positioning is so poor.

At best he’s a mediocre Championship defender these days.

And if anyone would genuinely be happy to have him, they could have, because he's been the single worst thing to happen to our finances for three years now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 Nov 2021 16:56

Hendo
Zip Moore is an easy target because he is on so much money. Overall he is an ok centre back and unlike most of our squad is usually available. He has constantly played through injuries and has put his body on the line many times.

This is how I see Moore as well. Ok CB, if he was on £10k (or probably even £15k), I think a lot of people would be more than happy with the level of performances.

I like him as a Reading player, but with our situation, I am looking forward to him leaving and his wages no longer being an issue.

Small distinction maybe, but I don't hate either person. I hate watching them consistently underperform in a way that's detrimental to the club and performances as a whole, while they're untouchable and fawned over / payed a frankly sickening amount of money. When they are capable of so much better.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 06 Nov 2021 16:39

Snowflake Royal
SouthDownsRoyal
Zip

You forgot to mention he is one of a very few members of the squad who is usually fit to play.

True and he only accepted what he was offered as we all would.

Bollox. You think the club just offered him the wage without being told that's what it takes from his agent?

And for the record, no I wouldn't say yes to being offered twice the wage of colleagues doing the same job who are better than me.

Calm down m8

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2021 16:51

19 points in 17 games is about on a par with our last couple of relegation fights. Only we're getting a points deduction. At this rate we could go down without it.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 08 Nov 2021 09:34

The Athletic are reporting that Derby will only get an additional 3 points deducted. Throw in 6 points for Sheffield Wednesday last season, and I think the reports that we're about to accept 9 become impossible to believe. Courtney Friday has it wrong.

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 08 Nov 2021 09:52

Does Sheff W official outcome set a precedent? Or does the appeal result set precedent?
12 points would massively excessive as we have been working with EFL to ease finances. Even 9 i feel is excessive considering we have had our hands tied for 2 seasons now.

But on the other hand we have smashed FFP rule in a spectacular fashion so 9 kinda seems fair.....

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Nov 2021 10:21

I have seen Derby fans certainly arguing that we have overspent by more than ten times the amount they did but aren't their figures still due to be re-published after they used dodgy player amortisation figures?

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 08 Nov 2021 10:45

Snowflake Royal
Hendo

Small distinction maybe, but I don't hate either person. I hate watching them consistently underperform in a way that's detrimental to the club and performances as a whole, while they're untouchable and fawned over / payed a frankly sickening amount of money. When they are capable of so much better.

The type of player Ejaria is he's always going to have off days. Moore on the other hand - our defence always seems better when hes not in the team.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 08 Nov 2021 10:54

tidus_mi2 I have seen Derby fans certainly arguing that we have overspent by more than ten times the amount they did but aren't their figures still due to be re-published after they used dodgy player amortisation figures?

not been tracking that closely, but isnt that only because of the dodgy stadium deal as well?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 08 Nov 2021 12:19

Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal
Hendo

The type of player Ejaria is he's always going to have off days. Moore on the other hand - our defence always seems better when hes not in the team.

Again, that isn’t true and is just confirmation bias. Last season alone without Moore, our record was 5-3-6, conceding 3 against Preston, 3 against Stoke, 3 against Brentford and 4 against Norwich in the process

You surely can’t be just basing it off this season with him only missing 3 games?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 08 Nov 2021 14:01

URZZZZ
Jagermesiter1871
Snowflake Royal Small distinction maybe, but I don't hate either person. I hate watching them consistently underperform in a way that's detrimental to the club and performances as a whole, while they're untouchable and fawned over / payed a frankly sickening amount of money. When they are capable of so much better.

Again, that isn’t true and is just confirmation bias. Last season alone without Moore, our record was 5-3-6, conceding 3 against Preston, 3 against Stoke, 3 against Brentford and 4 against Norwich in the process

You surely can’t be just basing it off this season with him only missing 3 games?

REPORTED for using actual facts

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 08 Nov 2021 16:06

tidus_mi2 I have seen Derby fans certainly arguing that we have overspent by more than ten times the amount they did but aren't their figures still due to be re-published after they used dodgy player amortisation figures?

The list of their misdemeanours is endless. They don't have a leg to stand on really. Another points deduction should have taken place as they didn't pay staff in Nov last year. Then there the constant obstruction of EFL investigations by using law, and the stadium naming rights, bending rules the list goes on. Another 3 points is very lenient. The chap above who reported we will get a 9 point plus deduction is talking crap. I suspect more like 6 and 3 suspended.....and anyway noone will know til January when the decision is made....so how he knows is a mystery.

776 posts