Points Deduction Incoming!

776 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by Mr Angry » 16 Nov 2021 10:13

Confirmed this morning - Derby have been give a further 9 point deduction.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Nov 2021 10:23

Mr Angry Confirmed this morning - Derby have been give a further 9 point deduction.

Helpful for us. Essentially two relegation slots open and we have more than enough quality in our squad compared to the others down the bottom to suffer the inevitable points deduction.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 16 Nov 2021 10:27

As - by all accounts - we have worked with the EFL through this period (unlike Derby), I would be disappointed if we were given the same punishment.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Nov 2021 10:36

We'll get the same. I know we've been cooperative recently, but let's remember we haven't merely breached spending limits, we've absolutely obliterated them.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Nov 2021 10:40

Mr Angry As - by all accounts - we have worked with the EFL through this period (unlike Derby), I would be disappointed if we were given the same punishment.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Am absolutely expecting a 9(plus 3) penalty, probably shortly given Derby is now closed.

I see the plus 3 for Derby is if they breach the agreed budget for this season - I would quite happily take a 6(+6) penalty, so 6 now with a further 6 if we do not follow the agreed budget for 21/22 and 22/23, as it should help us get back into an FFP friendly position,

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Nov 2021 10:47

yeah expecting an imminent announcement

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Nov 2021 11:56

Are our losses still worse than Derby's with the revised figures?

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 16 Nov 2021 11:58

Actually I misread, I think we still smash them, each of those revised figures are for the full calculation period.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 16 Nov 2021 12:32

what the day after Andy Carroll signs?

what a surprise....

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Nov 2021 12:42

If they deduct points I'd rather it was 9 points than 12 points.

9 points would leave us with a better chance of avoiding relegation than 12 points because it's a smaller number of points deducted.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Nov 2021 12:59

tidus_mi2

is this us or Derby?

looked less than I expected if it was Derby, but I suppose the mega dodgy stadium 80m deal is thrown into that mix

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Nov 2021 13:20

Behind Ipswich before they went down, didn’t Derby have the highest amount of consecutive seasons in this division?

Wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of their fans are quite looking forward to something different.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Nov 2021 13:27

CountryRoyal Behind Ipswich before they went down, didn’t Derby have the highest amount of consecutive seasons in this division?

Wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of their fans are quite looking forward to something different.

Probably not the sort of different they were after though. Not sure Ipswich fans will have enjoyed div 1 a lot

Coppells Lost Coat
Hob Nob Regular

by Coppells Lost Coat » 16 Nov 2021 13:30

Am I right thinking Derbys case is several breaches not just FFP over spend? HMRC, paying players on time, dodgey accounts + very creative accounting plus the FFP breach?
We have absolutely smashed FFP rules but stayed within all the other things. So its a bit unfair painting us with the same brush.
Fully accept the deduction - but as long as thats the going rate from now on.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 16 Nov 2021 13:33

I'm expecting 9+3 suspended. Which would put us in danger but just outside of relegation

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 16 Nov 2021 13:41

Hound
CountryRoyal Behind Ipswich before they went down, didn’t Derby have the highest amount of consecutive seasons in this division?

Probably not the sort of different they were after though. Not sure Ipswich fans will have enjoyed div 1 a lot

The harsh reality of it. Yes some clubs bounce back quickly, and are better for it, but a lot don’t. It’s why it irks me when people talk about relegation like it wouldn’t be the utter, catastrophic disaster it would be - especially for a club like ours with a relatively small supporter base and significantly less small financial woes.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Nov 2021 13:50

Hound
tidus_mi2

is this us or Derby?

looked less than I expected if it was Derby, but I suppose the mega dodgy stadium 80m deal is thrown into that mix

That's Derby - so being inventive with their accounts essentially covered up breaching P&S in 3 of the past 4 seasons - so they should have had points deducted way before now. I assume though that as we have likely smashed the upper threshold, we will struggle to comply over the next few seasons as well, even if we have complied upto this point.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 16 Nov 2021 14:36

CountryRoyal
Hound

The harsh reality of it. Yes some clubs bounce back quickly, and are better for it, but a lot don’t. It’s why it irks me when people talk about relegation like it wouldn’t be the utter, catastrophic disaster it would be - especially for a club like ours with a relatively small supporter base and significantly less small financial woes.

It'd be a disaster

Maybe not quite the disaster it'd have been under Clement - we really really were up shit creek then, with players on huge expensive long contracts, a massive squad and rubbish team, and an utterly miserable fanbase. At least we are reasonably streamlined now. But it'd still be an awful outcome

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Nov 2021 14:40

Hound
CountryRoyal
Hound

It'd be a disaster

Maybe not quite the disaster it'd have been under Clement - we really really were up shit creek then, with players on huge expensive long contracts, a massive squad and rubbish team, and an utterly miserable fanbase. At least we are reasonably streamlined now. But it'd still be an awful outcome

No one should be wanting to go down, see it as a refresh or something different. Whats the point in going down only to fight back and cheer on to something that you have come from. Utterly ridiculous.

Agreed, any relegation is awful and people kidding themselves thinking it would be different or better.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 16 Nov 2021 14:49

I love RFC and I accept they deserve to be punished but I hate the mother fcuk cnut head morons who run the Premier league, along with the elitism that it breeds. If they had there way there would be no relegation from the premiership.

The way it’s going the 3 clubs that get relegated each year will get promoted, as no other teams in the Championship will be able to compete and that kills the competition. The only hope will be a long term project like Brentford.

We chased the dream like Derby, sheff Weds and many others and now we’re paying the price but it’s oxf*rd galling when Man City can spunk £100m on one player. It’s probably not the case but it almost seems like they are petrified of another Leicester from happening.

776 posts