Points Deduction Incoming!

776 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Points Deduction Incoming!

by NathStPaul » 17 Nov 2021 12:46

Pepe the Horseman Ya man Eddie saying it's gonna be 6. Will take that.

Yeah would be more than happy with it.

To be honest I think we'd comfortably have stayed up with a 12 point deduction.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 17 Nov 2021 13:16

6+6 seems quite fair and gives the EFL a good case of what cooperating with them can result in.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 17 Nov 2021 13:41

Stranded
Mr Angry As - by all accounts - we have worked with the EFL through this period (unlike Derby), I would be disappointed if we were given the same punishment.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Am absolutely expecting a 9(plus 3) penalty, probably shortly given Derby is now closed.

I see the plus 3 for Derby is if they breach the agreed budget for this season - I would quite happily take a 6(+6) penalty, so 6 now with a further 6 if we do not follow the agreed budget for 21/22 and 22/23, as it should help us get back into an FFP friendly position,

Ahem.

I wish I was ITK and not just a lucky guesser.

So will leave us 4 clear off the bottom 3 and 10 off 6th - given the amount of games left, that is close enough to both ends to keep things interesting.
Last edited by Stranded on 17 Nov 2021 13:43, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Nov 2021 13:42

Stranded
Stranded
Mr Angry As - by all accounts - we have worked with the EFL through this period (unlike Derby), I would be disappointed if we were given the same punishment.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Am absolutely expecting a 9(plus 3) penalty, probably shortly given Derby is now closed.

I see the plus 3 for Derby is if they breach the agreed budget for this season - I would quite happily take a 6(+6) penalty, so 6 now with a further 6 if we do not follow the agreed budget for 21/22 and 22/23, as it should help us get back into an FFP friendly position,

Ahem.

I wish I was ITK and not just a lucky guesser.

Nice one Eddie.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Nov 2021 13:43

Lol @ Courtney Friday yesterday giving it the "now do you believe me" re the 9 point deduction, only to be proved wrong today.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 17 Nov 2021 13:53

Is this actually true or just hearsay?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Nov 2021 14:02

leon Is this actually true or just hearsay?

Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... n-EFL.html

ITK Eddie:

posting.php?f=1&mode=quote&p=5179241

I understand that #ReadingFC have reached agreement with the EFL over the last week, regarding a points deduction.

Also hearing it could be 6 points immediately, unsure about any future instalments.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 17 Nov 2021 14:04

It's true. Pure and simple.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 17 Nov 2021 14:07

Pepe the Horseman

It's true. Pure and simple.

I'd say that was Hear'Say

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 17 Nov 2021 14:27

If true, I can see a way out of this bloody mess at last. Mid table this season, another window of canny recruitment next summer to stay on track with the business plan and then a clean slate. Hopefully when we get through it the owners have learnt their lessons and invest sensibly.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 17 Nov 2021 14:51

I would be very happy with the 6+6; it seems both fair and reasonable, and gets the balance right between stick for the breach, and carrot for doing something about it and working with the Authorities.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Nov 2021 15:11

Mr Angry I would be very happy with the 6+6; it seems both fair and reasonable, and gets the balance right between stick for the breach, and carrot for doing something about it and working with the Authorities.

Agreed.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 17 Nov 2021 16:03

All depends if we keep to the business plan. If the additional 6 get added I reckon we’re down.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 17 Nov 2021 16:06

Like everyone on here I'm not ITK in anyway at all so can anyone speculate on when the speculated extra 6 points might possibly apply? I feel like the guessed at business plan will be for at least the year ahead so unless we spunk loads in the transfer window how would we get the suspended penalty this season? Unless the business plan that the EFL have allegedly approved would breach FFP rules so is already a fail?

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 17 Nov 2021 16:08

6 + 6 would seem fair and reward the fact that we have been cooperating for some time. If we cooperated and still have the book thrown at us why would any club in the future cooperate. You might as well tell the FA to get stuffed. The +6 also ensures we stick to whatever business plan has been agreed.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 17 Nov 2021 16:12

Silver Fox Like everyone on here I'm not ITK in anyway at all so can anyone speculate on when the speculated extra 6 points might possibly apply? I feel like the guessed at business plan will be for at least the year ahead so unless we spunk loads in the transfer window how would we get the suspended penalty this season? Unless the business plan that the EFL have allegedly approved would breach FFP rules so is already a fail?

Pretty sure part of the process is to agree a 2 year business plan with the EFL. I suspect that would cover this financial year and next so effectively we can assume we have kept to it for 6 months and have to keep doing so for another 18. I think you have to provide regular updates to the league on compliance with the plan so any breaches should be picked up quickly. Again I would think minor breaches would not trigger the suspended deduction as long as there were activities no to rectify them. So potentially we could get hit by another 6 points this season but it would need us to deliberately overspend if the agreed plan is a reasonable one.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 17 Nov 2021 16:14

Silver Fox Like everyone on here I'm not ITK in anyway at all so can anyone speculate on when the speculated extra 6 points might possibly apply? I feel like the guessed at business plan will be for at least the year ahead so unless we spunk loads in the transfer window how would we get the suspended penalty this season? Unless the business plan that the EFL have allegedly approved would breach FFP rules so is already a fail?

I would have thought the suspended penalty would apply more to next season than this. Besides I presume we will still be under a transfer embargo going forwards. Perhaps this is really making clear that when it comes to trying to negotiate new deals with existing players we are going to be very limited in what we can pay.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 17 Nov 2021 16:55

Derby fans seem a bit salty. Apparently we've cheated the system but have got away with it because we're rich whilst they've been victims of an accounting technicality and been hammered because they're poor.

Funny how we've gone from "tinpot" to "one of the big clubs" in the space space 2 days.

Absolutely delighted with a 6+6 deduction. Might scupper any play off pretentions (not thave realistically we had any) but not destroyed our season. Shows the benefits of fessing up and working with the EFL rather than trying to bulshit your way to compliance and should set a precedent for future seasons.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 17 Nov 2021 17:01

From Despair To Where? Derby fans seem a bit salty. Apparently we've cheated the system but have got away with it because we're rich whilst they've been victims of an accounting technicality and been hammered because they're poor.

Funny how we've gone from "tinpot" to "one of the big clubs" in the space space 2 days.

Absolutely delighted with a 6+6 deduction. Might scupper any play off pretentions (not thave realistically we had any) but not destroyed our season.

Derby fans have got that all wrong.

The reasons we didn't get as harsh a penalty as them were as follows:

We're Southern, and they are Northern
We play in the Royal County - The Queen obviously had a word with the EFL
One of Rooney's "mature" hookers was the Grandmother of one of the EFL board
Derby hold the record for the lowest Premiership points total ever

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 17 Nov 2021 17:02

Now confirmed. 6 points.

776 posts