17530 posts
muirinho
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rival Watch

by muirinho » 20 Dec 2021 12:11

Mid Sussex Royal
Zip
Hound
Every football club, leisure centre or managed sports facility should have a defibrillator on site. That's as a result of sudden cardiac arrests being surprisingly common (if still in low numbers). All this was realised way before Covid.

Of course you can't completely rule out the vax adding some additional risk - its only being used in the past 12 months. Would say on balance its probably very unlikely though generally, and Covid itself would present more of a risk for multiple reasons.

Slightly off topic - wtf do they put in that moderna one? Had the booster friday, haven't felt so unwell in years over the weekend. Like a massive hangover with the addition of somebody punching me in the arm to go with it. It better bloody work :)

The booster seems to have hit people hard. It was the only one I had a reaction to. I felt very tired that night and my arm aches for a while but no more than that. No idea which booster I had.

Yep same, had aching arm for 2 days and was generally unwell after the booster

Seems to vary according to the combo you've had, I had AZ for the first two and Pfizer for the Booster. 1st vax knocked me out - flu-like symptoms for a couple of days, sore arm for alt least a week. Everything else - nada
Daughter-in-law very little reaction to her first 2, (which were Pfizer) but knocked out by Moderna booster. I know of a few others as well who had the Moderna booster, who found it tough.

Back on topic - there has been an awful lot of scaremongering generated about vaccinations causing collapses. Some of the cases and videos circulated by conspiracy-theorists included players who collapsed years ago, before Covid was a thing, let alone vaccinations against it. It's a shame to see otherwise-rational people being drawn into such abject nonsense. And yes, anybody who says "this should be investigated", - go investigate, then! There's plenty of data out there already, from reputable sites, fact-checking these theories. Check these sites first, before adding fuel to the fire.

According to a study done in 2008, 12 people under the age of 35 die EACH WEEK in the UK from previously undiagnosed heart conditions. This is not a new phenomenon.

(Factoid from this debunking article from reuters. https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL1N2SK160)

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 20 Dec 2021 13:30

Fezza
Sutekh
Donny Ironside :|

It is concerning. While some or all may not have had a vax needle anywhere near them the numbers in the last 6 months make it something that should be investigated particularly when the U.K. government itself shows evidence of a risk of myocarditis and pericarditis after vaccination.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accination

If you want a few specifics about it then the German newspaper Berliner Zeitung ran an article on November 9 and listed around 20 footballers and officials of varying ages and participating at varying levels that it had found that had suffered problems (some fatal) while participating in games and no doubt there are others across other sports.

It absolutely may have little or nothing to do with vaccinations but it should be looked at as I would be concerned if I was lucky enough to be talented enough to play at a professional or good amateur level in any sport.

Snopes have done an excellent piece factchecking these insinuations, on the videos they looked at there was NO evidence of the vaccination playing a part. The majority of collapsed were from dehydration, some were from players / refs who had had covid (which is significantly more likely to give you clots than the vaccine). Whilst concerns are understandable there has been a significant amount of unsubstantiated bollocks spouted about this, it's disappointing that trust in medical professionals and scientists remains so low!

I think your very last bit is a sad indictment of our society in 2021 where our leaders (government) cannot be trusted and are shown to be liars and that permeates to other spokespeople in that , for some people , sadly nobody can be trusted and the assumption is that people generally lie.

Do we now live in times where people are now guilty until proven to be innocent?

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 20 Dec 2021 15:06

South Coast Royal
Fezza
Sutekh
It is concerning. While some or all may not have had a vax needle anywhere near them the numbers in the last 6 months make it something that should be investigated particularly when the U.K. government itself shows evidence of a risk of myocarditis and pericarditis after vaccination.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... accination

If you want a few specifics about it then the German newspaper Berliner Zeitung ran an article on November 9 and listed around 20 footballers and officials of varying ages and participating at varying levels that it had found that had suffered problems (some fatal) while participating in games and no doubt there are others across other sports.

It absolutely may have little or nothing to do with vaccinations but it should be looked at as I would be concerned if I was lucky enough to be talented enough to play at a professional or good amateur level in any sport.

Snopes have done an excellent piece factchecking these insinuations, on the videos they looked at there was NO evidence of the vaccination playing a part. The majority of collapsed were from dehydration, some were from players / refs who had had covid (which is significantly more likely to give you clots than the vaccine). Whilst concerns are understandable there has been a significant amount of unsubstantiated bollocks spouted about this, it's disappointing that trust in medical professionals and scientists remains so low!

I think your very last bit is a sad indictment of our society in 2021 where our leaders (government) cannot be trusted and are shown to be liars and that permeates to other spokespeople in that , for some people , sadly nobody can be trusted and the assumption is that people generally lie.

Do we now live in times where people are now guilty until proven to be innocent?

That’s the ongoing trial by social media ‘benefit’
That, and the fact that we’re all tired of experts and we need to trust Jo from Essex on Twitter because she knows way better than those pesky old-fashioned experts

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 20 Dec 2021 18:06

Mid Sussex Royal We won't be anywhere near the bottom three.

Barnsley and Derby haven't got enough points to pull it round and Peterborough are a poor side, they were very fortunate last week v millwall and lost today after leading to a side hopelessly out of form

if the game goes ahead on boxing day we will win there easily

Fill your boots then, as the bookies have Peterboro favourites. You are quids in :D

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 20 Dec 2021 18:14

Zip
Hound
Zip
Good post

Every football club, leisure centre or managed sports facility should have a defibrillator on site. That's as a result of sudden cardiac arrests being surprisingly common (if still in low numbers). All this was realised way before Covid.

Of course you can't completely rule out the vax adding some additional risk - its only being used in the past 12 months. Would say on balance its probably very unlikely though generally, and Covid itself would present more of a risk for multiple reasons.

Slightly off topic - wtf do they put in that moderna one? Had the booster friday, haven't felt so unwell in years over the weekend. Like a massive hangover with the addition of somebody punching me in the arm to go with it. It better bloody work :)

The booster seems to have hit people hard. It was the only one I had a reaction to. I felt very tired that night and my arm aches for a while but no more than that. No idea which booster I had.

Are you a single male?.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 20 Dec 2021 18:17

karbota
Zip
Hound

Are you a single male?.

Oh shush.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 20 Dec 2021 21:22

Barnsley v Stoke and Cardiff v Coventry are the first Boxing Day games to be postponed in the Championship.

Be surprised if there aren't more in the coming days.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 20 Dec 2021 21:41

Fulham looking pretty average against sheff utd

That defeat opens things up a fair bit at the top. Fulham and Bournemouth both not going up would be very funny. Even more so if Newcastle come down

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Dec 2021 06:19

Cardiff and Swansea will be playing behind closed doors again from Boxing Day.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Dec 2021 08:32

I suspect England will follow suit. Oh joy. Back to the delights of IFollow then.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Dec 2021 08:43

Zip I suspect England will follow suit. Oh joy. Back to the delights of IFollow then.

With the current government, I wouldn't be so sure but if Omicron is highly infectious even amongst vaccinated people then it makes sense to minimise people travelling around the country and sitting/standing close together at least for a few weeks.

With Wales doing this, it may actually be midly counter productive as would imagine you will see more Cardiff and Swansea fans travelling now as would be the only way for them to see their teams for the timebeing at least.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 21 Dec 2021 08:45

Its a right mess at the moment isn't it? Just so little joined up thinking, and all or nothing.

I don't necessarily think what Wales has done is incorrect but certainly Swansea and Cardiff would have cause to complain if they were kept behind closed doors for a month or so, with no restrictions for anyone else.

I think its the travel to the games which is of more concern than the actual stadium. Either way can't see this being in place for too long as obviously we are in a very different place to where we were last season. Think I'd probably give ifollow a miss tbh

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 21 Dec 2021 08:47

Hound Its a right mess at the moment isn't it? Just so little joined up thinking, and all or nothing.

I don't necessarily think what Wales has done is incorrect but certainly Swansea and Cardiff would have cause to complain if they were kept behind closed doors for a month or so, with no restrictions for anyone else.

I think its the travel to the games which is of more concern than the actual stadium. Either way can't see this being in place for too long as obviously we are in a very different place to where we were last season. Think I'd probably give ifollow a miss tbh

Yes it’s a mess. Will probably watch on IFollow.

Rusty royal

by Rusty royal » 21 Dec 2021 10:10

Don't worry you can still watch manure live on TV :roll:

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Dec 2021 14:53

Currently just 4 of the 10 Championship games on Boxing Day are going ahead.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 23 Dec 2021 16:48

Derby administrators not naming a preferred bidder yet......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59772641

Donny Ironside
Hob Nob Regular

by Donny Ironside » 23 Dec 2021 17:54

Zip I suspect England will follow suit. Oh joy. Back to the delights of IFollow then.

As it should be. Either force players to get vaccinated or cancel football and fine and ban clubs

It isn't hard

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 23 Dec 2021 18:48

Mr Angry Derby administrators not naming a preferred bidder yet......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59772641

US front runner is going to release a statement by the end of the day apparently but as been as good as saying the picture there is worse than he thought.

May even be pulling out.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 23 Dec 2021 21:00

I've pulled out before.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 27 Dec 2021 17:02

If Derby get out of this we’re in trouble

17530 posts