Pauno out

3542 posts
leon
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Pauno out

by leon » 31 Jan 2022 08:17

Lower West
Hound Paul Clement off to be Lampards assistant at Everton. Interesting one

Not everyone has managerial qualities. Good record as a coach.

And a thick bastard.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 31 Jan 2022 09:08

Brogue
paultheroyal What is really grating on me is that this is one of the worst managers in a role in living memory. Team are shot to pieces. Nothing is going to get better and there are less and less games.

The pay off for pauno and team cannot be massive. If it’s a case of balancing the books they should be looking to shipping out Moore or ejaria to make it happen.

Then they should do what’s needed to get warnock in. He was literally crying out for one more job. His track record tells you he’s get a reaction and knows what is needed. What was even more telling is that he thrives on togetherness, battle, dressing room spirit. Something clearly lacking with us. Even more telling was mcanuff saying that he has heard nothing but brilliant things about warnock. Opposition fans and teams hate him but those who have played for him think he’s brilliant.

Reading FC board. Sack Pauno and get Warnock in. With a break coming up now is the time to do it. Give this club a chance.

He could take the players to flamingo land

Look at his face, look at his face. Thats the man we need.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 09:19

This is the time to sack him really because any incoming manager knows exactly what squad they are working with as of tomorrow morning, last thing we want to do is leave the job open for a couple of weeks though and have to play a couple of our games, we'd need someone in as soon as possible.

It does make me wonder what prompts a change. They left Stam in charge for probably 10 games too long, who knows how fatal it could be this time if we leave Pauno in charge for too long.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2022 09:30

YorkshireRoyal99 This is the time to sack him really because any incoming manager knows exactly what squad they are working with as of tomorrow morning, last thing we want to do is leave the job open for a couple of weeks though and have to play a couple of our games, we'd need someone in as soon as possible.

It does make me wonder what prompts a change. They left Stam in charge for probably 10 games too long, who knows how fatal it could be this time if we leave Pauno in charge for too long.

In the current football climate, he’s had 28 games too long. In fact, there are some clubs which wouldn’t have let him see out the end of last season.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 09:53

CountryRoyal
YorkshireRoyal99 This is the time to sack him really because any incoming manager knows exactly what squad they are working with as of tomorrow morning, last thing we want to do is leave the job open for a couple of weeks though and have to play a couple of our games, we'd need someone in as soon as possible.

In the current football climate, he’s had 28 games too long. In fact, there are some clubs which wouldn’t have let him see out the end of last season.

From our perspective, he definitely earned staying on this season despite being poor last season. Despite dropping out of the play offs we had a better season than all anticipated even though it was disappointing all things considered.

But I think it's as clear as day this month that it isn't working. Many would argue from about November/December time and that's justifiable, but I think every manager deserves an opportunity to turn poor form around. November/December was poor form, he's had an opportunity in January and it's been a complete disaster. I said after the Kidderminster and Fulham results that there is no surviving, from the manager's perspective, from those defeats, yet it has been allowed to continue.

Whilst he remains our manager I will at least try and remain positive and I still do genuinely want him to succeed, but it's been glaringly obvious from the Kidderminster and Fulham defeats that a change is required, regardless of our circumstances about injuries/unavailable players.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 31 Jan 2022 09:58

Lower West
Brogue Monday at 11am a presser will be called and he will be gone.

With the backroom staff as well? Leaves the cupboard very bare.

Again, if they do, they'll wages will already have been included in the budget.

Most likely scenario if he goes is that someone in house gets it, or we get creative. Could see it given to Quinton Fortune or John O'Shea is tempted back or someone else with a back loaded contract.

As mentioned, elsewhere we have saved approx 400k on Rafael's wages, so could use half of that to pay a decent salary for 5 months.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 31 Jan 2022 09:58

CountryRoyal

Yep and at the very least he's had four games too long. No other manager in the Championship, or any division for that matter, would've survived the Kidderminster and Fulham results.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2022 10:18

Stranded
Lower West
Brogue Monday at 11am a presser will be called and he will be gone.

With the backroom staff as well? Leaves the cupboard very bare.

Again, if they do, they'll wages will already have been included in the budget.

Most likely scenario if he goes is that someone in house gets it, or we get creative. Could see it given to Quinton Fortune or John O'Shea is tempted back or someone else with a back loaded contract.

As mentioned, elsewhere we have saved approx 400k on Rafael's wages, so could use half of that to pay a decent salary for 5 months.

Could see Fortune doing it short term if he has the necessary badges (not sure what is needed). O'Shea would be welcome to come back and help out

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Jan 2022 10:39

Has the twat gone yet?

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 31 Jan 2022 10:42

CountryRoyal

Was in disbelief about how bad the team and Paunovic’s approach was to the triple header last season against Cardiff, Luton and then Swansea. Never seen a team with so much to play for play with such little urgency. Thought I’d give Paunovic the benefit of the doubt but fair play, they’ve surpassed it this season. He’s an awful manager

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2022 10:46

URZZZZ
CountryRoyal

Was in disbelief about how bad the team and Paunovic’s approach was to the triple header last season against Cardiff, Luton and then Swansea. Never seen a team with so much to play for play with such little urgency. Thought I’d give Paunovic the benefit of the doubt but fair play, they’ve surpassed it this season. He’s an awful manager

The writing was on the wall at the end of last season. I thought he deserved the first three months of this season. By November I was in the Pauno out camp. Baffling to think some on here thought he should be given the entire season without thinking through what that might mean.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 31 Jan 2022 10:51

Zip
URZZZZ
CountryRoyal

The writing was on the wall at the end of last season. I thought he deserved the first three months of this season. By November I was in the Pauno out camp. Baffling to think some on here thought he should be given the entire season without thinking through what that might mean.

I don't think anyone could ever say someone deserves a full season, their job security is based on results and its a reactive process when you remove a manager. It doesn't matter if you've been there 3 months or 3 years, if you don't win for 9 games and you've lost the majority of them, there is justification to lose your job.

I just feel Pauno's situation is completely untenable, the only way he's still in a job is because of financial constraints but I still can't see why that would be an issue anyway. If the EFL restrictions seriously do not allow us to sack our manager because that's "spending money" then they really need to review their rules and regulations.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 31 Jan 2022 10:54

YorkshireRoyal99
Zip
URZZZZ

I don't think anyone could ever say someone deserves a full season, their job security is based on results and its a reactive process when you remove a manager. It doesn't matter if you've been there 3 months or 3 years, if you don't win for 9 games and you've lost the majority of them, there is justification to lose your job.

I just feel Pauno's situation is completely untenable, the only way he's still in a job is because of financial constraints but I still can't see why that would be an issue anyway. If the EFL restrictions seriously do not allow us to sack our manager because that's "spending money" then they really need to review their rules and regulations.

The only option would be to put him on gardening leave with senior players taking over. It’s that bad.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jan 2022 10:57

Zip
URZZZZ
CountryRoyal

unlike Urrzzz to be so damning :)

I think a few of us would have been happy enough to end mid table with him in charge, see out his contract and start afresh next year with a new manager and squad. Thats sort of how things were looking after that run of 5 wins (though in retrospect we didnt really play particularly well in any of them, and actually pretty appallingly against Peterborough. Cardiff 1 shot on goal or something)

Its been pretty apparent for a while he is clueless though. Think I lost a lot of faith after Blackpool, when I can honestly say I don't think I've ever seen a team so thoroughly outplayed at home. And not even by a top side. Think by the Millwall defeat at the start of November, I'd have happily seen him go at anytime despite a couple of ok performances and results in November.

WBA onwards has been an absolute shitshow.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 31 Jan 2022 11:01

11am and he hasn't been sacked yet, you've disappointed me Brogue.

For the last time

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 31 Jan 2022 11:02

Face it lads - he's staying, to pull us into Div One.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2022 11:12

URZZZZ
CountryRoyal

It was galling, yet even then many (who have now changed their tune) called us bedwetters because “it was still the best finish we’ve had in ages blah blah wah wah “ oxf*rd off. 8)

Whilst I wanted him to go, I can understand him staying, but it was clear early doors he wasn’t going to do much and he’s had loads of get out of jail free cards this season. Whilst no matter how lenient and tolerant one might be as a fan, not wanting to sack the manager, anyone who still thinks he should be here probably wants us to get relegated - there is no logic otherwise.
Last edited by CountryRoyal on 31 Jan 2022 11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Jan 2022 11:28

So is there a sacking time. Trying to remember previous times....roundabout lunchtime isn't it?
Give him a chance to say goodbye to the players, if they have turned up.....

Just heard Clement and Lampard.....poor Everton.

Simon's Church
Hob Nob Regular

by Simon's Church » 31 Jan 2022 11:28

I think he's deliberately throwing games so we can pull off the great escape and he can get a half decent offer for next season. We'll lose our next 2 and drop into the relegation zone, before winning 6 of the final 15 games to stay up against all the odds.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 31 Jan 2022 11:31

leon Face it lads - he's staying, to pull us into Div One.

I’m still hopeful. If he hasn’t gone after Peterborough then 100% he’s not going anywhere.

3542 posts