Pauno out

3542 posts
Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Pauno out

by Lower West » 09 Feb 2022 23:19

windermereROYAL He said he intends to stay if it`s his choice, so the only way he goes is if he`s sacked.

Unless the club pay him off. Fair dues. The players get paid whatever their performances.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 09 Feb 2022 23:24

If this is how Pauno treats his friends, I wonder he treats his enemies? Worse, I expect.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Feb 2022 00:40

Pauno being kept in his post is like not putting a terminally ill dog down who's howling in pain every day hoping by a miracle it doesn't die. Not the nicest analogy but its literally at that point with Pauno. I am honestly surprised he feels he can continue his role with this amount of people against him.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2022 08:05

Anyone on here know anyone within the club?

What is really going on? Have all players lost respect for him? Is training as bad as they say?

I am literally at a total loss now.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 08:32

Thought you had q good feeling? :lol:

That didn’t last long. :lol: :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Feb 2022 08:33

paultheroyal Anyone on here know anyone within the club?

What is really going on? Have all players lost respect for him? Is training as bad as they say?

You need to ask? There is no way the talented group of players we have perform the way they do if the manager has respect imo.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2022 08:38

NathStPaul

You need to ask? There is no way the talented group of players we have perform the way they do if the manager has respect imo.

But you hear talk of “lost the dressing room” but what does that actually mean?

Is it that bad within the four walls? When pauno walks in a room, does a big dark cloud come over them etc etc

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Feb 2022 08:43

paultheroyal
NathStPaul

But you hear talk of “lost the dressing room” but what does that actually mean?

Is it that bad within the four walls? When pauno walks in a room, does a big dark cloud come over them etc etc

I think what we have at the club is the perfect storm.

We have about 10 senior players who know they won't be here next season. We have a management team who know they won't be here next season. Add them both together and we have an entire first team set up who have no real focus on the club or fear of any consequences, they are all on death row waiting for their time to go. Not only are they waiting to go they are no doubt lining up their next moves at the same time. Agents talking to other clubs, looking at property elsewhere in the country, the management team whoring themselves out to every club under the sun etc etc.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Feb 2022 08:46

like I've said before - the ooc is a pathetic excuse. Every single one of those players is on trial. No one decent will want or offer decent money to someone who has been relegated and had a poor season. You still think Prem clubs are interested in Laurent? They should be busting a gut to earn their next move and keep Reading up. The consequences of them getting relegated may be 5k a week in wages at the very least

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Feb 2022 08:49

Hound like I've said before - the ooc is a pathetic excuse. Every single one of those players is on trial. No one decent will want or offer decent money to someone who has been relegated and had a poor season. You still think Prem clubs are interested in Laurent? They should be busting a gut to earn their next move and keep Reading up. The consequences of them getting relegated may be 5k a week in wages at the very least

But getting that move away will be taking away their focus. Do they want to pick up an injury busting a gut for a club they aren't going to be playing for next season? Unlikely. Is it just coincidence that the form of all of our major players has gone off a cliff since January? The time that they are able to negotiate with other clubs?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 10 Feb 2022 08:51

NathStPaul
Hound like I've said before - the ooc is a pathetic excuse. Every single one of those players is on trial. No one decent will want or offer decent money to someone who has been relegated and had a poor season. You still think Prem clubs are interested in Laurent? They should be busting a gut to earn their next move and keep Reading up. The consequences of them getting relegated may be 5k a week in wages at the very least

But getting that move away will be taking away their focus. Do they want to pick up an injury busting a gut for a club they aren't going to be playing for next season? Unlikely. Is it just coincidence that the form of all of our major players has gone off a cliff since January? The time that they are able to negotiate with other clubs?

they were shite before January tbf. Swift gave up in November. Most of the others haven't even got going

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Feb 2022 08:59

Pauno looks defeated and not very well in his club interview yesterday. He is clearly feeling this as much as anyone - it is simply best for all parties that he moves on.

It doesn't matter who takes over now, it just needs to be a new voice.

We are only in relegation trouble because of this hideous run of defeats, even below average form i.e. 6 or 7 points from the last 18 would see us with a comfortable gap - it is at the stage now where you can't even imagine what a win feels like.

We should have snatched a draw in the end last night but we need to play like that at 0-0 not 0-2.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Feb 2022 09:00

Stranded Pauno looks defeated and not very well in his club interview yesterday. He is clearly feeling this as much as anyone - it is simply best for all parties that he moves on.

We are only in relegation trouble because of this hideous run of defeats, even below average form i.e. 6 or 7 points from the last 18 would see us with a comfortable gap - it is at the stage now where you can't even imagine what a win feels like.

We should have snatched a draw in the end last night but we need to play like that at 0-0 not 0-2.

He doesn't give a single fcuk. How are you coming to that conclusion? He cares about getting paid, someone who cared would have walked away and understood they were doing more harm than good.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 10 Feb 2022 09:06

Hound
NathStPaul

they were shite before January tbf. Swift gave up in November. Most of the others haven't even got going

Swift’s lack of effort over the past few months has been incredible. He has reverted to the bad old days when he and Kelly in midfield were non existent defensively,

He worked on his game and started tracking back and closing down in the last couple of years. That improvement has well and truly disappeared and he just isn’t bothered with that side of the game. It may well cost him a deal with a top flight club.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Feb 2022 09:08

NathStPaul
Stranded Pauno looks defeated and not very well in his club interview yesterday. He is clearly feeling this as much as anyone - it is simply best for all parties that he moves on.

He doesn't give a single fcuk. How are you coming to that conclusion? He cares about getting paid, someone who cared would have walked away and understood they were doing more harm than good.

From looking at the bloke in his interview - he looked ill.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Feb 2022 09:10

Hound
NathStPaul

I think the ooc aspect works both ways and probably ends up neutral.

I think the perfect storm comments are a good summary except they omit (or take for granted) the biggest factors for me which are that a) Pauno is just out of ideas and not very good, which is magnified in a storm and b) the players have just lost faith in Pauno, especially as the owners have too.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 09:14

Royal_jimmy Pauno being kept in his post is like not putting a terminally ill dog down who's howling in pain every day hoping by a miracle it doesn't die. Not the nicest analogy but its literally at that point with Pauno. I am honestly surprised he feels he can continue his role with this amount of people against him.

He’s the most arrogant, stubborn, deluded arsehole I’ve ever seen.

He genuinely believes the shit he says and does. Absolute nutjob, needs sectioning.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 10 Feb 2022 09:14

Stranded
NathStPaul

From looking at the bloke in his interview - he looked ill.

If that is the case then he should do the right thing for all concerned and walk away. I think if he was suffering that badly he would have done or at the least changed his approach but he hasn't. Walking away is the only answer.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Feb 2022 09:34

He told one of the players after the Fulham game "If I don't see you Thursday, all the best." So he was expecting to get the boot after that. It was also suggested that when he went a lot of the injured players would make a miraculous recovery. Imagine that would have been Liam Moore and Ovie.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Feb 2022 09:40

Re: the interview.

To be fair to Pauno you have an interviewer goading you about a fan protest against you and then you’re effectively asked if you’re going to resign? What’s the guy meant to say?

Having said that Stam was impressive by staying professional and just calmly saying he would continue to do his job and if owners wanted him out would respect that, iirc.

3542 posts