Pauno out

3542 posts
CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Pauno out

by CountryRoyal » 10 Feb 2022 09:40

Millsy Re: the interview.

To be fair to Pauno you have an interviewer goading you about a fan protest against you and then you’re effectively asked if you’re going to resign? What’s the guy meant to say?

Having said that Stam was impressive by staying professional and just calmly saying he would continue to do his job and if owners wanted him out would respect that, iirc.

Fcuk off Millsy stop playing devils advocate.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Feb 2022 09:43

I don't personally think the players have lost respect for him. As much as last night wasn't great, there was effort there and there was a will to do things right, especially in the last 20 minutes or so. We just lack confidence, which of course the manager takes a lot of responsibility for as this is driving the results. There have been a fair share of reasons for the form, but its still 7 straight defeats.

I don't think Pauno's ideas are wrong in the main, I think that's the way we should play and I don't think everything comes down to the manager either, but we obviously need a change. Someone to bring in a similar style, just with a different voice and maybe different principles that can hopefully lift the team.

Now would be the ideal time to make a change you'd think. Quash a protest on Saturday, bumper crowd on Saturday as well at home and then any win and you'd back us against Peterborough next week. A new manager and potentially 6 points in the next week could end up being the difference.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Feb 2022 09:45

CountryRoyal

To be fair to Pauno you have an interviewer goading you about a fan protest against you and then you’re effectively asked if you’re going to resign? What’s the guy meant to say?

Having said that Stam was impressive by staying professional and just calmly saying he would continue to do his job and if owners wanted him out would respect that, iirc.

Hehe don’t worry, I definitely dislike the guy and want him out, that should be clear by now.

I’m just trying to be fair about the interview and explore thoughts.

Iirc the Brenda response was pretty uncalled for. We were crap and Dellor simply expressed surprise that Rodgers thought the opposite, which was fair, and then he was quite rude to Dellor and lost it.

This seemed like a full on assault against Pauno in comparison.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 10 Feb 2022 10:46

First RFC tweet of the day and it isn't a corner flag, disappointed.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 11:09

I resign.

Or, I am doing my best and will continue to do so until the owner asks me to leave. I won't walk away and leave the club with no manager because I think that would only make the situation worse. I understand the fans frustrations. I feel them too. I have absolutely no hard feelings. When results are this bad, a reaction is inevitable. It's not good enough.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Feb 2022 11:23

Snowflake Royal

I resign.

Or, I am doing my best and will continue to do so until the owner asks me to leave. I won't walk away and leave the club with no manager because I think that would only make the situation worse. I understand the fans frustrations. I feel them too. I have absolutely no hard feelings. When results are this bad, a reaction is inevitable. It's not good enough.

1. Resign, get no payoff, accept I can't turn things around and be non-employable based on the recent string of results and poor form.

or

2. Stay and either get sacked and receive a payoff or prove to everyone that I am the right person for the job and can turn things around.

He's obviously going for 2, probably not because of the payoff either. I think he genuinely believes and wants to turn things around. If the club refuse to sack him then they must think the same and/of they have no better alternative lined up.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Feb 2022 11:41

Millsy
CountryRoyal

Hehe don’t worry, I definitely dislike the guy and want him out, that should be clear by now.

Iirc the Brenda response was pretty uncalled for. We were crap and Dellor simply expressed surprise that Rodgers thought the opposite, which was fair, and then he was quite rude to Dellor and lost it.

That's the way I saw it too. Dellor was out to get Pauno to throw a wobbly and seemed happy when he got the reaction he wanted. His tone of questioning from the outset was bordering on disrespectful and offensive. From almost the outset of the interview he went off on one about the substitution at the end which didn't happen. For once Pauno offered a full and logical explanation (player had indicated they were injured - Holmes?) and even talked through how they planned to rearrange the team. Player then said he was OK to continue so they didn't make the sub. Despite that, Dellor still had to come back with a childish and unprofessional response along the lines of 'well it still looked like a shambles'. Dellor then persisted in badgering Pauno for his feelings about the planned demo, even though Pauno said that he had answered that question when Dellor had asked it a day or so previously.

To my mind, Dellor is too much of a fan and often lets his passion get in the way of doing his job as well as he could/should do. That's why I prefer Benjy from The Chronicle. Whilst he still clearly cares about the club, he is not a lifelong supporter and therefore has less skin in the game. That enables him to be more objective. He didn't give Pauno an easy ride with his questions last night but maintained a degree of respect and professionalism. Consequently his interview ran to the full and he got more answers (whether we like them or not) for us.

Given this, I expect Benjy to get far more time and information from the club and management team, at least for as long as Pauno remains.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Feb 2022 11:48

RoyalBlue
Millsy
CountryRoyal

That's the way I saw it too. Dellor was out to get Pauno to throw a wobbly and seemed happy when he got the reaction he wanted. His tone of questioning from the outset was bordering on disrespectful and offensive. From almost the outset of the interview he went off on one about the substitution at the end which didn't happen. For once Pauno offered a full and logical explanation (player had indicated they were injured - Holmes?) and even talked through how they planned to rearrange the team. Player then said he was OK to continue so they didn't make the sub. Despite that, Dellor still had to come back with a childish and unprofessional response along the lines of 'well it still looked like a shambles'. Dellor then persisted in badgering Pauno for his feelings about the planned demo, even though Pauno said that he had answered that question when Dellor had asked it a day or so previously.

To my mind, Dellor is too much of a fan and often lets his passion get in the way of doing his job as well as he could/should do. That's why I prefer Benjy from The Chronicle. Whilst he still clearly cares about the club, he is not a lifelong supporter and therefore has less skin in the game. That enables him to be more objective. He didn't give Pauno an easy ride with his questions last night but maintained a degree of respect and professionalism. Consequently his interview ran to the full and he got more answers (whether we like them or not) for us.

Given this, I expect Benjy to get far more time and information from the club and management team, at least for as long as Pauno remains.

Dellor is shit at his job. He's too close to it all to be objective and impartial as he should be.

You see it when he gets on a players back like Vydra, or defends a player no matter what like Gunter. Same with manager interviews. He's a fan he wants Paunovic gone and he's emotional after another defeat.

He's just not professional.

Doesn't really excuse Pauno, he's got to deal with the situation and he should have a handle on Dellor after 18 months.

URZZZZ
Hob Nob Addict

by URZZZZ » 10 Feb 2022 12:02

13 wins in his last 50. 3 of those came in a row, another 5 came in 6 games. Leaves 5 wins in the other 41 games. Shambles

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 10 Feb 2022 13:43

So, come on, how many of you have been checking your phone every 10 minutes.
I actually endured Talkshite all morning, just waiting for "breaking news".

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Feb 2022 13:46

Ascotexgunner So, come on, how many of you have been checking your phone every 10 minutes.

Same, after every game since Derby. It's the hope that kills you.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2022 13:48

Maybe, just maybe the owner is switched on more than we realise.....

Pauno goes tonight. Gilkes takes training tomorrow and on Saturday Coppell and Mcdermott are unveiled and take over. Its the Reading way right?

Happy Birthday.

fartdad
Hob Nob Regular

by fartdad » 10 Feb 2022 13:52

If you take away the two Bristol goals that would have been a win. Gotta keep the faith despite the tough run of luck. Urrzzzzz !!!

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 10 Feb 2022 13:53

Get this fraud out of the club

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 10 Feb 2022 13:54

paultheroyal Maybe, just maybe the owner is switched on more than we realise.....

Pauno goes tonight. Gilkes takes training tomorrow and on Saturday Coppell and Mcdermott are unveiled and take over. Its the Reading way right?

Happy Birthday.

Would be fun to make a show of it. Pauno stays in charge until Saturday. When people arrive in the stadium, he's strapped into an electric chair. The executioner flips the switch, then takes off his hood to reveal himself as Brian McDermott. The crowd applauds.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Feb 2022 13:57

Ascotexgunner So, come on, how many of you have been checking your phone every 10 minutes.

There are actually other things going on outside of football. Not even sure TalkSport would give it out as breaking news, tbh.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Feb 2022 14:57

Snowflake Royal

I resign.

Thanks.

I think this is very reasonable and it won't have taken you long. Confusing that Pauno wouldn't have anticipated such a question and put 2mins thought into preparing something similar.

Makes me wonder if he's genuinely surprised anyone's suggesting he should go. Does he think he has a God given right to stay? Does he really think he's the answer?

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 10 Feb 2022 15:16

Millsy
Snowflake Royal

I resign.

Makes me wonder if he's genuinely surprised anyone's suggesting he should go. Does he think he has a God given right to stay? Does he really think he's the answer?

I don't think he will think that it's a surprise, he isn't clueless, he's been in football basically all of his life and he's been in management a while, he will understand results reflect his performance ultimately, probably not more so that we are towards the bottom where the results really do matter and every point counts.

I also don't think he has the "right" to stay, but I also do think he has a right to believe he should have his contract honoured as that's what the club trusted him with. I probably do think he believes he is the answer, otherwise he wouldn't be in a job. As much as people don't like the idea of him staying based on current results and position, from a personal point of view, fair play to the man for wanting to rectify what has been going wrong, especially when a fair few of the reasons behind our performance hasn't all been down to his management either, debatably so. I'll always respect someone who wants to change the situation they currently find themselves in, it's part of the reason why I still have some support for Pauno, even though I do want to see a change. I'll support the club whilst he is our manager and when he isn't as well, so I'll always want to see him do well and I do actually want to see him turn this situation around even though I'm losing belief that he is the answer, fair play to him for sticking at this.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2022 15:30

Royal_jimmy Get this fraud out of the club

LORDCKS - is that you?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Feb 2022 15:31

Snowflake Royal
RoyalBlue
Millsy

Dellor is shit at his job. He's too close to it all to be objective and impartial as he should be.

You see it when he gets on a players back like Vydra, or defends a player no matter what like Gunter. Same with manager interviews. He's a fan he wants Paunovic gone and he's emotional after another defeat.

He's just not professional.

Doesn't really excuse Pauno, he's got to deal with the situation and he should have a handle on Dellor after 18 months.

You literally contradict yourself with every post. Dont know even where to begin with this horror show.

But - i will say - Dellor is excellent at what he does.

3542 posts