Official RFC Clownovic Day. The protest thread

338 posts
NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Official RFC Clownovic Day. The protest thread

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 13:50

Pepe the Horseman
McDermolenko
Pepe the Horseman Any national press coverage of this? Does the rest of the country know/care what's happening?

Paul from EPR mentioned that there’s a good chance it’ll be mentioned in a massive national publication (refused to name) on Monday during the most recent Twitter Space, one to keep an eye out for.

Lol, why did he refuse to name it?

Because he's full of shit?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 13:55

Really looking forward to the protesters instantaneously stop being angry at 2:30pm and go into the stadium to celebrate the clubs history and forget the protest ever took place.

You're either angry or you're not, it can't be switched off like a tap.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Feb 2022 14:06

That protest lasted long then!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 12 Feb 2022 14:15

Pepe the Horseman
McDermolenko
Pepe the Horseman Any national press coverage of this? Does the rest of the country know/care what's happening?

Paul from EPR mentioned that there’s a good chance it’ll be mentioned in a massive national publication (refused to name) on Monday during the most recent Twitter Space, one to keep an eye out for.

Lol, why did he refuse to name it?

It's The Beano.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 12 Feb 2022 14:59

No clown wigs - would have been funny if Kingsley was wearing one

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 12 Feb 2022 18:26

Charlie Cairoli will be spinning in his grave, well at least until the doors fall off!
:wink: :wink: :wink:

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 12 Feb 2022 18:35

I hate Paunovic

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 18:44

Royal_jimmy I hate Paunovic

But how much?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 12 Feb 2022 18:45

Pitch invasion was shambolic.

Grown men arguing in the stands shambolic.

Stone island wannabe knocking two old people over to get to two people arguing utterly shambolic.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Feb 2022 18:47

Sad when we have fans fighting fans when we should all be united i getting this clown out of our club.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 18:54

windermereROYAL Sad when we have fans fighting fans when we should all be united i getting this clown out of our club.

You're right. Way more should have gone on the pitch to get to Paunovic at the end. The people who stayed in their seats clapping the players are the issue here, they need to wake up. You might not have a club to support soon if serious action isn't taken.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Feb 2022 19:20

NathStPaul
windermereROYAL Sad when we have fans fighting fans when we should all be united i getting this clown out of our club.

You're right. Way more should have gone on the pitch to get to Paunovic at the end. The people who stayed in their seats clapping the players are the issue here, they need to wake up. You might not have a club to support soon if serious action isn't taken.

Give it a rest, Mr Bigshot.

Don't see you putting your action where your massive mouth is.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 19:25

Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul

Well I wasn't there, would have been really hard for me to organise a proper pitch invasion remotely.

I was there in the 90's though when we had proper supporters who cared enough to take action, real supporters of the club. We took decisive action and removed a manager. In 2022 we have the weakest set of invertebrate supporters in the entire Football League who are scared of their own shadows, that is a large part of why we are where we are.

Ian, I think you're about to spend the next few days being really angry on the Team board as per usual after a defeat, I wouldn't talk about anyone else being Mr Bigshot, that is you and you do it well.

Eaststandman

by Eaststandman » 12 Feb 2022 19:40

It is worrying that the apathy has resulted in fragmented action and frustration! An innocent, fun, but united protest, not requiring a pitch invasion would have been better, but to continue doing nothing is even worse!
IMHO!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Feb 2022 20:01

I thought Naths comment about RFC having the most apathetic fans in the country was inaccurate at the time, but didn't say anything. Largely because it's impossible to have a handle on how apathetic other clubs are unless you know them all.

But now I'm beginning to think it might not been too far from the truth.

Affluent town. New plastic stadium. The old Southbankers who stormed pitches and took this passion into the east stand seem to have grown up with kids/responsibilities etc and the best a lot of them/us can do is be angry from a distance now sadly.

I can't explain how we've become so spineless and apathetic.

I'm not knocking it: who am I to suggest what people should act like. Perhaps I'm a dinosaur of the football world and now it's all about plastic apathy.

I just don't get it.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Feb 2022 20:36

NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal
NathStPaul You're right. Way more should have gone on the pitch to get to Paunovic at the end. The people who stayed in their seats clapping the players are the issue here, they need to wake up. You might not have a club to support soon if serious action isn't taken.

Well I wasn't there, would have been really hard for me to organise a proper pitch invasion remotely.

I was there in the 90's though when we had proper supporters who cared enough to take action, real supporters of the club. We took decisive action and removed a manager. In 2022 we have the weakest set of invertebrate supporters in the entire Football League who are scared of their own shadows, that is a large part of why we are where we are.

Ian, I think you're about to spend the next few days being really angry on the Team board as per usual after a defeat, I wouldn't talk about anyone else being Mr Bigshot, that is you and you do it well.

Wasn’t it a sit down protest for a while in front of/around the team bus after the infamous Oxford game that finally tipped the balance?

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 20:37

Sutekh
NathStPaul
Snowflake Royal Give it a rest, Mr Bigshot.

Wasn’t it a sit down protest in front of/around the team bus after the infamous Oxford game that finally tipoed the balance?

There were two, the one at the Port Vale home game and the one you mentioned. I think the writing was on the wall at the Port Vale game though. When Sir John gets his megaphone out you know shit is about to get serious.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Feb 2022 21:56

Excellent reporting from Benjy on the Chronicle website for anyone who wants to see what went down.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 12 Feb 2022 21:58

Millsy Excellent reporting from Benjy on the Chronicle website for anyone who wants to see what went down.

He let himself down a bit this evening. Blocked a former player for daring to question his reporting of the pitch invasion. Subsequently apologised.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 12 Feb 2022 22:00

NathStPaul
Millsy Excellent reporting from Benjy on the Chronicle website for anyone who wants to see what went down.

He let himself down a bit this evening. Blocked a former player for daring to question his reporting of the pitch invasion. Subsequently apologised.

Who was it?

338 posts