Ince out!

1204 posts
AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Ince out!

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Mar 2023 18:05

We were crap, but Carrick agrees that Shane Long should’ve had the penalty and his player should’ve been sent off. Might’ve reduced the battering had the ref agreed with both managers :?

Sebastian the Red

by Sebastian the Red » 04 Mar 2023 18:20

Royal_jimmy
Sutekh Ince basically blamed the referee for the result though accepted service into the box was poor.

While I think that’s laughable when you ship 5 and the performance is dire there is some value in his comments and really, though many hate it, as the technology exists VAR needs to be in the Championship next season.

Not a huge fan of VAR but sooner or later a team will be relegated or promoted/vice versa because of poor refereeing.

First penalty was harsh but Ince needs to take the blame for that

With the exception of play off finals (and even they come after 48 other games), it's not possible to be relegated or promoted via a single refereeing decision.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Mar 2023 18:26

Sebastian the Red
Royal_jimmy
Sutekh Ince basically blamed the referee for the result though accepted service into the box was poor.

While I think that’s laughable when you ship 5 and the performance is dire there is some value in his comments and really, though many hate it, as the technology exists VAR needs to be in the Championship next season.

Not a huge fan of VAR but sooner or later a team will be relegated or promoted/vice versa because of poor refereeing.

With the exception of play off finals (and even they come after 48 other games), it's not possible to be relegated or promoted via a single refereeing decision.

It is if it's on the last day of the season

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 04 Mar 2023 18:30

Royal_jimmy
Kitsondinho
Sutekh Ince should go in the summer, really had enough of this dreadful away form that seems to worsen with every trip. Then there’s the overly negative team selections, bewildering substitutions and a style of play that seems to take no account of the striking strengths. Really don’t want watch all that again next season so take time now to assess best available options and sell them “the project” in the close season.

Somehow stay up and see where we are…might end up with him staying if the embargo stays…

I think another summer embargo would be unfair. But expect we will be quite limited in what we can do. Even still I'd rather make a change. Ince has done a good job for us so leave with his head high and maybe get another job than start poorly and the fans relationship with him becomes toxic

Oh, I’m very much Ince out in May…can just see the circus continuing at the club…After all, with what happened to Pauno, Ince will be in until at least Christmas!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Mar 2023 18:30

Royal_jimmy
Sebastian the Red
Royal_jimmy

It is if it's on the last day of the season

Yes for example if Reading needed a point to finish 2nd or to avoid finishing 22nd and their last game happened to be the visit to Burnley that we had earlier this season….

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 04 Mar 2023 18:33

Kitsondinho
Royal_jimmy
Kitsondinho Somehow stay up and see where we are…might end up with him staying if the embargo stays…

I think another summer embargo would be unfair. But expect we will be quite limited in what we can do. Even still I'd rather make a change. Ince has done a good job for us so leave with his head high and maybe get another job than start poorly and the fans relationship with him becomes toxic

Oh, I’m very much Ince out in May…can just see the circus continuing at the club…After all, with what happened to Pauno, Ince will be in until at least Christmas!

I don't want the club giving PInce money in the summer, we should call it a day with him. We need an established manager (just for a change) with a decent track record in the Championship. No more newbies and EFL virgins......a decent manager.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Mar 2023 18:37

Ascotexgunner
Kitsondinho
Royal_jimmy

I don't want the club giving PInce money in the summer, we should call it a day with him. We need an established manager (just for a change) with a decent track record in the Championship. No more newbies and EFL virgins......a decent manager.

Get big Sam in

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 04 Mar 2023 18:38

Brogue
Ascotexgunner
Kitsondinho Oh, I’m very much Ince out in May…can just see the circus continuing at the club…After all, with what happened to Pauno, Ince will be in until at least Christmas!

Get big Sam in

Horrible thought, but it would work.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Mar 2023 18:41

Ascotexgunner
Kitsondinho
Royal_jimmy

yeah, what’s Colin going to be up to when finished with uddersfield?

Get real….who are these available experienced and decent Championship managers?
That, and who would actually want to move to Reading?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Mar 2023 18:42

AthleticoSpizz
Ascotexgunner
Kitsondinho Oh, I’m very much Ince out in May…can just see the circus continuing at the club…After all, with what happened to Pauno, Ince will be in until at least Christmas!

Big Sam.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Mar 2023 18:42

Brogue
AthleticoSpizz
Ascotexgunner

Big Sam.

Vom.

oxf*rd that.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Mar 2023 18:43

Brogue
AthleticoSpizz
Ascotexgunner

Big Sam.
see my “get real” comment

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Mar 2023 18:44

We can`t afford to sack him. don`t forget we don`t have a pot to piss in this season.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 04 Mar 2023 18:46

windermereROYAL We can`t afford to sack him.

Isn’t his contract up at the end of the season? We wouldn’t be sacking him just not renewing his contract

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 04 Mar 2023 18:57

I still don’t think Reading manager is too bad a gig I don’t ever expect a great manager but I’m sure there would be interest in the job

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 04 Mar 2023 21:07

SouthDownsRoyal I still don’t think Reading manager is too bad a gig I don’t ever expect a great manager but I’m sure there would be interest in the job

We are on a mess yes but there's a lot going for us as a club. A lot of managers would come to us. There's a lot of reward if they are successful for us.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 04 Mar 2023 22:19

Ascotexgunner
Kitsondinho
Royal_jimmy

Parky is setting the pace.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 04 Mar 2023 22:33

Three leagues south.

Would Man U hire the Morecambe manager?

No…now bugger off

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 05 Mar 2023 07:56

I have karbola on block but I can guess what he`s on about, change the fucking record

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 05 Mar 2023 14:00

windermereROYAL I have karbola on block but I can guess what he`s on about, change the fucking record

LOL

1204 posts