Division one things to forward to……..

483 posts
Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Division one things to forward to……..

by Stranded » 03 May 2023 15:12

Royal_jimmy
Stranded
Loafer Away to Stockport

Christ Alive that is depressing

Night out in Manchester and Stockport is a pretty decent place these days.

Can do that when going away to someone like Bolton away anyway

Cool - 2 potential weekends in Manchester next season then. Lucky there is a lot to do there.

tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

by tmesis » 03 May 2023 16:50

Wycombe Royal
tmesis
Wycombe Royal I want the best for my club, but I also want to entertained. Barring the 106 point season and the first Prem season, the most enjoyable season were those back in the third tier.

I am looking forward to it, but I also won't be disappointed if we stay up.

My son on the other hand is struggling to come to terms with our impending relegation, as in his short life he only seen us be in the top two divisions.

Which years are we talking about?

98/99 and 99/00 were both poor seasons.

88-94 wasn't a barrel of laughs until we got promoted.

I could say I enjoyed that time more, but that's more to do with it still be relatively new and exciting, rather than being jaded with a "seen it all before" feeling that I have now.

I did say enjoyable, not successful. Much more fun. The whole experience, not just the football on the pitch.

Yeah, but I loved the Elm Park days. It was just a more enjoyable place to be, maybe apart from those games at the Madejski where there's a good atmosphere.

The thing is though, going back to the third tier won't bring those Elm Park days back. Unless you found Pardew's first season perhaps, more enjoyable than being in the Championship, I can't see what you'd prefer.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 May 2023 17:16

The Royal Forester
Snowflake Royal
Jackson Corner
None have been to most and they are complete dog holes. Only a couple of local derbies interest me. Even then with a completely new team made up of second rate players academy donkey’s and loans from championship club’s. When we go into administration and receive are 10 point deduction League two beckons. Will you have the same excitement about going to Barrow?

Sigh.

And why will we be going into administration, and how does that help anyone?

You are right that adminitration would not do the owner any good. But, remember that the loss allowed is less in the third tier than the Championship, therefore as the club's revenue will be less than now, Dai would have to put more funds in to keep us afloat, which will mean more debts and a possible points deduction (followed by relegation?). he may well be tempted to withdraw his finical support at any time and just let the club fold. That could well save him paying out millions so it would be the cheaper way.

Dai can't put more money in without cheating. We need to run ourselves sustainably and have a budget that isn’t batcrapcrazy

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 03 May 2023 18:45

Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester
Snowflake Royal Sigh.

And why will we be going into administration, and how does that help anyone?

You are right that adminitration would not do the owner any good. But, remember that the loss allowed is less in the third tier than the Championship, therefore as the club's revenue will be less than now, Dai would have to put more funds in to keep us afloat, which will mean more debts and a possible points deduction (followed by relegation?). he may well be tempted to withdraw his finical support at any time and just let the club fold. That could well save him paying out millions so it would be the cheaper way.

Dai can't put more money in without cheating. We need to run ourselves sustainably and have a budget that isn’t batcrapcrazy

The club will run at a loss as there is no way it can pay for itself on League ! revenue, so the only way for him to save paying out more and more is to let the club go bankrupt. Has he not done this before?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 May 2023 20:29

The Royal Forester
Snowflake Royal
The Royal Forester You are right that adminitration would not do the owner any good. But, remember that the loss allowed is less in the third tier than the Championship, therefore as the club's revenue will be less than now, Dai would have to put more funds in to keep us afloat, which will mean more debts and a possible points deduction (followed by relegation?). he may well be tempted to withdraw his finical support at any time and just let the club fold. That could well save him paying out millions so it would be the cheaper way.

The club will run at a loss as there is no way it can pay for itself on League ! revenue, so the only way for him to save paying out more and more is to let the club go bankrupt. Has he not done this before?

Of course it can run on L1 revenue.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 May 2023 20:45

The single best thing that could happen to the club would be if a new stadium was built in/near the city centre by a generous benefactor.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 03 May 2023 20:47

*pedant alert*

“City” ?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 01:29

I feel embarrassed by the prospect of playing Brighton under 21s next season

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 01:39

Losing at home to clubs much much smaller than us

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2023 07:17

No goal line technology

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2023 07:20

Royal_jimmy I feel embarrassed by the prospect of playing Brighton under 21s next season

Don’t worry, I’m fairly sure a club wouldn’t be interested in arranging a game against some random bloke.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2023 07:37

Royal_jimmy I feel embarrassed by the prospect of playing Brighton under 21s next season

You need some counselling. Get a grip.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:48

Snowflake Royal

What's bad about that?

Pardon me for actually caring about the club and showing some passion after what is the darkest period in 25 years

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 05 May 2023 08:48

Snowflake Royal

Yeah seriously Jim, you might need to speak to someone if football affects your life this much. Not saying that sarcastically either.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 08:49

Sutekh No goal line technology

Forgot about this. We won't be allowed to use it

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 05 May 2023 09:10

Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal

What's bad about that?

Pardon me for actually caring about the club and showing some passion after what is the darkest period in 25 years

Not allowed to care about the club on here, Jimbo. Come on you know the rules, it's all about proving how dispassionate you are. Hardly surprising when the loudest voices are a fairweather who never goes to games and a couple of trolls in Nath and Loafer.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 05 May 2023 09:22

Orion1871
Royal_jimmy
Snowflake Royal You need some counselling. Get a grip.

What's bad about that?

Not allowed to care about the club on here, Jimbo. Come on you know the rules, it's all about proving how dispassionate you are. Hardly surprising when the loudest voices are a fairweather who never goes to games and a couple of trolls in Nath and Loafer.

Yeah, being furious at how badly the club has been run for a decade and warning about the consequences of it constantly is definitely a sign of not caring. :roll:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 May 2023 09:37

Royal_jimmy
Sutekh No goal line technology

Forgot about this. We won't be allowed to use it

Just stupid, if a club has the technology it should be used! It’s not like VAR is banned from the FA Cup or anything so you already have the precedent of inconsistency in a major domestic competition.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 May 2023 09:42

You OK this morning Jimmy?

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 05 May 2023 10:38

Back to signing players no one has ever heard of and hopefully them being better than expected

483 posts