Division one things to forward to……..

483 posts
SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Division one things to forward to……..

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 May 2023 10:50

Royal_jimmy Back to signing players no one has ever heard of and hopefully them being better than expected

Who have we signed?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 05 May 2023 11:55

SouthDownsRoyal
Royal_jimmy Back to signing players no one has ever heard of and hopefully them being better than expected

Who have we signed?

No one yet. But here is a story to cheer you up. I remember after 4 grim seasons of gradual decline, we were relegated to the 4th tier despite the best efforts of our star player Kerry Dixon, who was subsequently sold to Chelsea. I was about 17 at the time and I had enough there were better things to do on a Saturday. I went to the first home game of the next season out of blind loyalty. The crowd of just over 2k turned up to see Dixons uninspiring replacement Trevor Senior. What happened next changed everything, we won 6-2 Trevor scored the fastest hat trick in Readings history including one of the best goals I’ve ever seen. And it wasn’t a freak result Reading with Dean Horrix and David Crown bombing down the left wing we were scoring goals for fun but also conceding plenty as well. And Maurice Evans was harshly sacked Ian Branfoot came in made us harder to beat but with Trevor up front we always had a chance. Promotion came I had a new hero faith restored. Which goes to show never give up.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 05 May 2023 22:40

Jackson Corner
SouthDownsRoyal

Who have we signed?

No one yet. But here is a story to cheer you up. I remember after 4 grim seasons of gradual decline, we were relegated to the 4th tier despite the best efforts of our star player Kerry Dixon, who was subsequently sold to Chelsea. I was about 17 at the time and I had enough there were better things to do on a Saturday. I went to the first home game of the next season out of blind loyalty. The crowd of just over 2k turned up to see Dixons uninspiring replacement Trevor Senior. What happened next changed everything, we won 6-2 Trevor scored the fastest hat trick in Readings history including one of the best goals I’ve ever seen. And it wasn’t a freak result Reading with Dean Horrix and David Crown bombing down the left wing we were scoring goals for fun but also conceding plenty as well. And Maurice Evans was harshly sacked Ian Branfoot came in made us harder to beat but with Trevor up front we always had a chance. Promotion came I had a new hero faith restored. Which goes to show never give up.

@ Jimmy

483 posts