An Update From The CEO

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: An Update From The CEO

by Pepe the Horseman » 15 Jun 2023 15:53

Honestly, the statement was everything you chumps have been asking for. How are people remotely worried that there's no mention of Bowen? And lol @ the panic that our owner is actively involved in appointing someone to manage his club.

ReadingGlasses

by ReadingGlasses » 15 Jun 2023 15:57

The comments about working with league make me wonder if there is something like the current restrictions apply until the end of the month, and the club can't pay any money to the new manager and his staff (i.e. a signing on bonus) until then without breaking the agreement. It would be a bit pointless, but perhaps the EFL are digging their heels in and saying that the different League One spending rules cannot come in to play just yet.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 15 Jun 2023 15:57

Silver Fox Will this do you Norfolk?

I don't know, what is it?

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jun 2023 16:27

Norfolk Royal
From Despair To Where?
Norfolk Royal I'm not one of the people throwing their toys out but let's be honest, that statement says the square root of nothing.

Anyone who expects any more than vague platitudes from a club statement of this nature is an idiot IMO.

Then why bother making the statement at all. If what you say is correct, and it isn't as club statements are often more enlightening than the one which Reading have released.

I would have preferred the following statement: 'In response to pleas from fans, primarily on social media, we will not be releasing a statement at this time which contains anything categorical or meaningful.

'Because the current situation is fluid and uncertain, any such statement will inevitably contain meaningless platitudes and would be seen as a transparent attempt to buy a few weeks time until issues - and we can't at this time tell you what these issues are for a variety of reasons, again none of which we can tell you about - are resolved.'

I would have preferred

"In response to a bunch of Twitter mongs wanting the moon on a stick, the club would like to say blah, blah, blah, meaningless platitude blah blah because whatever we say or do, you'll shit the bed regardless.

Hugs and Kisses, Dai"

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Jun 2023 16:38

Wilder deal is now off so please brace for more bed wetting.

Anfield Royal
Location: L9 Liverpool STH. Reading Is My Guilty Pleasure Having Been Based In Ascot Some Time.

by Anfield Royal » 15 Jun 2023 16:45

Missing loan payments also been added to the embargo :lol:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Jun 2023 16:47

R.I.P Jimmy.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Jun 2023 16:54

As utterly inane and pointless as every other statement released by any other relegated club

Only thing of interest is the suggestion of more EFL meddling

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jun 2023 18:03

genome
Norfolk Royal I'm not one of the people throwing their toys out but let's be honest, that statement says the square root of nothing.

Does it? They've said the manager search is nearly done, and pretty much put the rumours to bed of Pang and Dai fcuking off. It actually says plenty if you read between the lines after all the noise on Twitter this week.

Norrers is right. But that's why there's oxf*rd all point in anyone having been demanding one, because it's never going to be anything but a bland attempt to mollify without saying anything interesting.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jun 2023 18:05

Pepe the Horseman Honestly, the statement was everything you chumps have been asking for. How are people remotely worried that there's no mention of Bowen? And lol @ the panic that our owner is actively involved in appointing someone to manage his club.

Tbf, Dai is a shambles I wouldn't want anywhere near that decision.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jun 2023 18:20

Snowflake Royal
genome

Does it? They've said the manager search is nearly done, and pretty much put the rumours to bed of Pang and Dai fcuking off. It actually says plenty if you read between the lines after all the noise on Twitter this week.

Norrers is right. But that's why there's oxf*rd all point in anyone having been demanding one, because it's never going to be anything but a bland attempt to mollify without saying anything interesting.

Well precisely. I'm assuming people want detailed minutes from every meeting ever. If the club don't yet know what, if any constraints they will be operating under next season, what can they actually say other than what they've said in the statement. It's entirely possible that legally they can't actually say anything.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Jun 2023 18:23

From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal
genome

Well precisely. I'm assuming people want detailed minutes from every meeting ever. If the club don't yet know what, if any constraints they will be operating under next season, what can they actually say other than what they've said in the statement. It's entirely possible that legally they can't actually say anything.

I liked your version best.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jun 2023 18:28

Snowflake Royal
From Despair To Where?
Snowflake Royal Norrers is right. But that's why there's oxf*rd all point in anyone having been demanding one, because it's never going to be anything but a bland attempt to mollify without saying anything interesting.

I liked your version best.

It works even better if you imagine Dai, fists clenched, kissing the badge on his replica shirt with a "Cmon you Rrrs" snarl on his face, whilst wearing a blue and white quarted jester's hat as he says "Hugs and kisses"

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 15 Jun 2023 19:18

Some fans :roll: :roll:

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 15 Jun 2023 21:30

That guy has been a grade A bellend for years. (Unless he's on here and I like him)

Reliableroyal106

by Reliableroyal106 » 15 Jun 2023 22:07

Im now hearing Mr Dayong Pang is set to resign and Nigel Howe is set to return as CEO

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 16 Jun 2023 01:50

NathStPaul That guy has been a grade A bellend for years. (Unless he's on here and I like him)

:?

elrey

by elrey » 16 Jun 2023 04:03

morganb https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2023/june/15/an-update-from-the-ceo/

I would personally like to thank all our supporters for their patience last season and throughout the summer so far.

Mr Dai personally attended both home and away matches on many occasions last season and, as a supporter of this football club himself, he was very disappointed to see the campaign end in relegation. It is not what we planned, it is not what we hoped for, it is not what we expected.

Following the six points taken from our total, our season quickly became another very difficult one for the players, the staff and most importantly our fans. And that is why this update has to begin with a note of sincere gratitude to our loyal supporters!

The process to appoint a new manager has been underway for some time now, but we fully recognise how important a decision this is for the club - for next season and beyond. And for that reason, the process has been comprehensive and has naturally taken time. Mr Dai himself has played and continues to play an active part in the search and appointment of the next manager…a process we fully believe is now rightly reaching its conclusion.

When we said we would fix the issues of the past and build this club back to a level at which we all want to see it compete, we knew it was going to be a long-term project. We hoped to avoid serious setbacks like last season, but despite the very best efforts of so many, this was not possible.

As a club, financially we continue to face a number of significant challenges and our owner, Mr Dai, is working very hard to resolve those issues to ensure the future of Reading Football Club is stable, successful, progressive and positive.

Our short-term goal is now clear though…to appoint the right man for the role of first team manager and to rebuild a squad capable of competing for a return to the Championship!

Long term, I am confident we have the right people at the club to achieve our ambitions and fully correct the mistakes that were made many years ago.

But, as always, we will need our fans. Thank you for your support, your faith in us and your love for your club.

Dayong Pang, CEO

Says nothing.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Jun 2023 04:44

NathStPaul Wilder deal is now off so please brace for more bed wetting.

This better not be due to some idiot saying "no, I've met this guy down the chip shop, swears he's Fergie".

If this club gets saddled with another Gomes, Clement or Paunovic (or even Ince) then the I think attendances will drop off the radar and we might as well all go and form a phoenix club now so we don't waste any time.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 16 Jun 2023 08:55

Sutekh
NathStPaul Wilder deal is now off so please brace for more bed wetting.

This better not be due to some idiot saying "no, I've met this guy down the chip shop, swears he's Fergie".

If this club gets saddled with another Gomes, Clement or Paunovic (or even Ince) then the I think attendances will drop off the radar and we might as well all go and form a phoenix club now so we don't waste any time.

Aren't we already up on season ticket sales though? I genuinely don't think it will matter a jot who our manager is, our attendances will be solidly around the 10-12k mark. You have to bear in mind our core fan base support the club just so they have something to moan about.