Potential New Owners

939 posts
3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Potential New Owners

by 3points » 14 Jul 2023 12:23

morganb How much do we think the club itself is worth - how do you value such an entity and what would it include?
Then how does the debt get factored in to come up with an overall price?

SJM sold to Zinga for £25m over a decade ago. Unlikely to be worth less than that given Bearwood is valued around £50m in the accounts, and the stadium was sold for £37m (in two tranches). I'm not saying Dai would get £87m but I think he'd be looking to recover closer to £50m rather than £25m and then write-off the rest.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Jul 2023 12:37

Hound
Sutekh
Hound Think the other issue is fans are genuinely pretty easily placated. See the joy at us paying a tax bill for example

Announce Selles and Walcott today, get linked to a few half decent midfielders and suddenly everyone is fairly positive again

No, any positivity went in the Wilder farce. Going to take an incredible season start to get it back again.

Win the first 2 and it’d be forgotten about :)

Which would be an incredible start for Reading... :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 14 Jul 2023 12:45

Sutekh
Hound
Sutekh
No, any positivity went in the Wilder farce. Going to take an incredible season start to get it back again.

Win the first 2 and it’d be forgotten about :)

Which would be an incredible start for Reading... :lol:

True. I’m not saying that’s going to happen just to be clear

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 31 Jul 2023 09:23

Apparently something is close. I hope so! the next owner can't be much worse other than put us out of business

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 31 Jul 2023 10:26

Royal_jimmy Apparently something is close. I hope so! the next owner can't be much worse other than put us out of business

Sauce?

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 31 Jul 2023 19:41

SouthDownsRoyal
Royal_jimmy Apparently something is close. I hope so! the next owner can't be much worse other than put us out of business

Sauce?

Someone said the same b*llox on Mugbook. Dai ain't selling, he is headstrong. He may sell a share, but not the club.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 31 Jul 2023 20:03

Is a bunch of capital investment bankers who's own website talks about selling a global digital brand and seeking success through investing in the playing staff, really a great leap forward?

Be careful what you wish for as it could be managers sacked every 4 months a revolving door policy regarding players and selling digital subscriptions to Asia over doing something for the fan who actually comes through the turnstiles?

Whilst I accept that beggars can't be chosers but I'm bit wary about these 777 fellas, if indeed it is them, as they seem to be the exact opposite of what the fans have been calling for.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Jul 2023 20:36

Ascotexgunner
SouthDownsRoyal

Sauce?

Someone said the same b*llox on Mugbook. Dai ain't selling, he is headstrong. He may sell a share, but not the club.

Yep, I can’t see him selling up tbh. As you say I can see him selling a share, maybe 10 to 45%. I reckon he still has grand dreams of owning a Premiership club and that’s the only way he’s ever likely to get his money back.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2023 09:22

From Despair To Where?

Is a bunch of capital investment bankers who's own website talks about selling a global digital brand and seeking success through investing in the playing staff, really a great leap forward?

Be careful what you wish for as it could be managers sacked every 4 months a revolving door policy regarding players and selling digital subscriptions to Asia over doing something for the fan who actually comes through the turnstiles?

Whilst I accept that beggars can't be chosers but I'm bit wary about these 777 fellas, if indeed it is them, as they seem to be the exact opposite of what the fans have been calling for.

I think we are all aware that selling to whoever esp if they are an invesment vehicle is most likely kicking the can down the road as far as financial problems are concerned but given the current shitstorm I think I'd probably take that - or at least accept it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Aug 2023 10:46

It was more an observation that a new ower/investor isn't some sort of magic cure all and that that list of demands of a new owner made by the fans' group are absolute pie in the sky. If it is, as you sat, and exercise in can kicking, then yes, the new owners could be much worse.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Aug 2023 12:31

They could be worse, but probably not much worse than years of mispending and mismanagement, splitting the club from its assets, years of hard and soft transfer embargos, winding up petitions, a relegation to tier 3 and multiple points deductions.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Aug 2023 15:41

Snowflake Royal They could be worse, but probably not much worse than years of mispending and mismanagement, splitting the club from its assets, years of hard and soft transfer embargos, winding up petitions, a relegation to tier 3 and multiple points deductions.

Well you at least you can't say that you won't enjoy the good time when it eventually turns up.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 02 Aug 2023 11:03

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 02 Aug 2023 11:36

Hmmm - sounds promising. Let's see if it happens

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Aug 2023 11:38

At last a communication that at least confirms things, hope it wasn't too painful for the club to get something together. Obviously can't go into specifics with all the due diligence and other legal stuff that has to be adhered to but at least it confirms something is underway, so here's hoping it takes days rather than weeks to get over the line,

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 02 Aug 2023 11:55

At least it's a bit of communication and doesn't look like it was put together by Chat GPT

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Aug 2023 13:24

Sounds like it's most of what we already knew, nice of the club to confirm it though and obviously does appear as if Dai is running out of cash if it's a cash flow problem from China due to the pandemic.

I'd imagine it would be a minority stake initially with a view to being majority shareholders or having full control of the club further down the line.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Aug 2023 08:32

This has all gone quiet on the rumour mill. I think the past few weeks show how saleable we are. People talk about physical infrastructure such as the training ground, but we're also proving our more intangible footballing infrastructure. The quality of academy products stepping up and grasping their 1st team opportunity is great. Scouted players nobody has heard of like Mbengue and Binden signed on a free and looking like seasoned pros.

Please please someone take it up and provide stability. You don't need to throw in millions and millions - you just need to help the cash flow issues and this club will be top half Championship and worth more than you paid in no time.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2023 09:18

WestYorksRoyal This has all gone quiet on the rumour mill. I think the past few weeks show how saleable we are. People talk about physical infrastructure such as the training ground, but we're also proving our more intangible footballing infrastructure. The quality of academy products stepping up and grasping their 1st team opportunity is great. Scouted players nobody has heard of like Mbengue and Binden signed on a free and looking like seasoned pros.

Please please someone take it up and provide stability. You don't need to throw in millions and millions - you just need to help the cash flow issues and this club will be top half Championship and worth more than you paid in no time.

Presumably just what 777 want to hear and see.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 Aug 2023 09:42

There’s probably due diligence going on from potential investors. I know it might not help initially but I do wonder if Dai being cleared of any wrongdoing in China will help our situation.

939 posts