34%

Total votes: 83
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Up to date Selles poll - in or out?

by blythspartan » 26 Oct 2023 13:07

NathStPaul
Brogue Rumours selles had resigned. Probably nonsense but let’s see

This could be curtains for you if you're wrong again. After the last time I still love you but I am not in love with you.

Apart from the takeover announcement (where he could still be right) has Brogue ever been wrong? He was spot on with all of the summer transfer news. Time will tell of course, but Brogue is still top of the HNA ITK rankings.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 26 Oct 2023 13:08

NathStPaul

This could be curtains for you if you're wrong again. After the last time I still love you but I am not in love with you.

Unfortunately this rumour isn’t from one of my nailed on usual sauces, so we shall have to see in this one. This isn’t one of my usual facts that I deal with, this is 100% rumour. But I live and die by my he sword so we shall see

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Oct 2023 13:09

blythspartan
NathStPaul

Apart from the takeover announcement (where he could still be right) has Brogue ever been wrong? He was spot on with all of the summer transfer news. Time will tell of course, but Brogue is still top of the HNA ITK rankings.

He got stuff wrong in the summer.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Oct 2023 13:20

Brogue
NathStPaul

Unfortunately this rumour isn’t from one of my nailed on usual sauces, so we shall have to see in this one. This isn’t one of my usual facts that I deal with, this is 100% rumour. But I live and die by my he sword so we shall see

Agree with Brogue's initial comment that it's probably nonsense but stranger things have happened. If he has gone would expect a club statement at some point today (but no doubt our illustrious owner won't accept his recognition and give him a longer contract on improved terms).

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 26 Oct 2023 13:26

Sutekh
Brogue
NathStPaul This could be curtains for you if you're wrong again. After the last time I still love you but I am not in love with you.

Agree with Brogue's initial comment that it's probably nonsense but stranger things have happened. If he has gone would expect a club statement at some point today (but no doubt our illustrious owner won't accept his recognition and give him a longer contract on improved terms).

I hope he’s gone. Should there be a presser today or is that tomorrow?

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 26 Oct 2023 13:55

blythspartan
Sutekh
Brogue

I hope he’s gone. Should there be a presser today or is that tomorrow?

Don't think they have a press conference when we have played mid-week.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 26 Oct 2023 14:00

Sutekh
Brogue
NathStPaul This could be curtains for you if you're wrong again. After the last time I still love you but I am not in love with you.

And then not pay him.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Oct 2023 14:01

Let's be honest, he's not going anywhere until a takeover happens.

We waited too long on both Pauno and Ince, and that was when the owner still had a little bit of interest. There's no one around with the authority to get rid of him.

Even if Bowen has that power, sacking him now will be an admission of how badly he got the appointment wrong, so he's going to sit back and hope for a miracle.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Oct 2023 14:05

WestYorksRoyal Didn't Pauno also try and resign only to have it rejected? Even if it's true, Selles may have his use to Dai as a punchbag.

I'm not sure this allegation is true. Isn't it illegal for an employer to reject a resignation?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Oct 2023 14:08

Royal_jimmy
WestYorksRoyal Didn't Pauno also try and resign only to have it rejected? Even if it's true, Selles may have his use to Dai as a punchbag.

I'm not sure this allegation is true. Isn't it illegal for an employer to reject a resignation?

JM rejected Coppell's resignation in our 2nd year in the prem. We'd probably be an established Premier League team if he hadn't.
Last edited by Pepe the Horseman on 26 Oct 2023 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 26 Oct 2023 14:08

Royal_jimmy

Yes you obviously can't stop someone leaving a job.

However it's possible he wanted a certain deal i.e. pay till the end of the season etc and that was rejected.

I still don't know where this rumour came from and don't believe it anyway.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Oct 2023 14:09

Royal_jimmy

Technically yes but I believe there could be potential legal things an employer can do to drag it out. In football terms if an employer believes a manager is resigning to take over at another club then there could be potential breach of contract ramifications. It is a messy area.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Oct 2023 14:10

Pepe the Horseman Let's be honest, he's not going anywhere until a takeover happens.

We waited too long on both Pauno and Ince, and that was when the owner still had a little bit of interest. There's no one around with the authority to get rid of him.

Even if Bowen has that power, sacking him now will be an admission of how badly he got the appointment wrong, so he's going to sit back and hope for a miracle.

Mistakes happen, no one gets it right all the time. Surely it's better to recognise a bad hire earlier and rectify it rather than let an underperformer continue to cause more damage that will be longer to recover from.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 26 Oct 2023 14:11

NathStPaul
Royal_jimmy

Technically yes but I believe there could be potential legal things an employer can do to drag it out. In football terms if an employer believes a manager is resigning to take over at another club then there could be potential breach of contract ramifications. It is a messy area.

True! That happened with Pardew. Who'd want Pauno after the run we'd been on though :lol:

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 26 Oct 2023 14:12

Royal_jimmy
Pepe the Horseman Let's be honest, he's not going anywhere until a takeover happens.

Mistakes happen, no one gets it right all the time. Surely it's better to recognise a bad hire earlier and rectify it rather than let an underperformer continue to cause more damage that will be longer to recover from.

Stubbornness or blind faith that he'll turn it around. Or more likely it's completely out of his hands anyway.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 26 Oct 2023 14:12

Royal_jimmy
NathStPaul
Royal_jimmy

True! That happened with Pardew. Who'd want Pauno after the run we'd been on though :lol:

Pauno? You're living in the past Jim.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Oct 2023 14:34

NathStPaul
Royal_jimmy

Managers aren't so much normal employees as fixed term contract consultants.

So you can hand in your resignation, but if resignation terms isn't covered by the contract, your resignation can be rejected and you can be held to the terms of the contract.

Yes no one can physically force you to come in and do your job, but you can be sued for breach of contract.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Oct 2023 10:46

YorkshireRoyal99
Millsy Many calling for Hunt.

Love him of course but let's not forget he was utter shite and not the answer last season.

Bowen maybe, anyone else maybe. Hunt unlikely to be any better imo.

Yeah I see this about Hunt but this is arguably as tough a situation to come into now as it was last season so I don't think this is the time for him. I think the club needs to be on far more stable footing and a better platform for Hunt first.

I mean, people are moaning about Selles for being an inexperienced coach, so we want to put someone in with even less experience as a head coach just because he is at the club. Not the job for him yet.
Hunt may not be the best option but he could be a better option than Selles if it's a straight choice between the two

In his favour: He knows the club, He know many of the players, He won't play 4-2-2-2
In favour of Selles: I was going to say his career is on the line if he can't turn things around, so he'll do anything for points but I then remembered he isn't, probably doesn't realise he's on borrowed time

158 posts