#SellBeforeWeDai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group

2799 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by WestYorksRoyal » 04 Dec 2023 08:11

From Despair To Where?
WestYorksRoyal After the naysayers, SBWD delivered today. Got loads of good coverage from ITV, Matterface and Wright. Got Bowen to publicly join the Dai Out movement.

No doubt some will black them for the momentum change, but it's the players who conceded the 94th minute winner.

So for all the good coverage, what were the viewing figures like and how many people without a vested interest were actually watching our game over Liverpool - Fulham or Chelsea- Brighton. Was it just preaching to the converted?

More than would have watched Bolton or Burton and more than would have watched Barnsley next week. It's not just TV viewers - clips of Ian Wright explaining the situation go around social media too.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

Re: “ Sell before we Dai (to someone fit and proper)“ supporters action group v2.3b sponsored by Sports Direct Tennis Ba

by Silver Fox » 04 Dec 2023 08:31

blythspartan The fund raiser for the staff Christmas Box is going quite well. I gave a bit over the weekend and hopefully it will get up to their £10k target.

Where's that dosh going to end up when the staff get the rest of their wages tomorrow?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Dec 2023 08:35

The protest did the job it needed to. More coverage, sympathetic and extensive explanations from the comms. Didn’t threaten to call off the game, didn’t turn nasty.

Whether it’ll make a difference - who knows - but at least they’ve tried.

It’s a waste of time doing it at any more home league games but this was worthwhile

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 04 Dec 2023 08:43

Silver Fox
blythspartan The fund raiser for the staff Christmas Box is going quite well. I gave a bit over the weekend and hopefully it will get up to their £10k target.

Where's that dosh going to end up when the staff get the rest of their wages tomorrow?

I believe STAR will ensure that the money reaches the right people at the club. It’s a Christmas Box and yes staff should be paid in full soon, but it’s likely that the non payment of staff wages may continue for a while yet. At worst it could be used as a fund for staff to borrow money from to pay essential bills and then pay it back when they get paid. Wonga without interest.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 05 Dec 2023 07:39

Over on that Twitter there is talk of getting a game abandoned

I'm not sure at the moment how what the fans do affects what Dai does

If he has moved the goalposts on the sales contract (probably wanting as much money as possible, perhaps by selling the ground separately) then which of the fans recent actions/inactions has caused him to do this? Surely he is driven by greed/stupidity?

Is the idea that an abandonment will decrease the cost for the buyer

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Dec 2023 08:04

Presumably if they get a game abandoned, leading to a points deduction, they'd have to throw tennis balls at themselves?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 05 Dec 2023 08:26

morganb Over on that Twitter there is talk of getting a game abandoned

I'm not sure at the moment how what the fans do affects what Dai does

If he has moved the goalposts on the sales contract (probably wanting as much money as possible, perhaps by selling the ground separately) then which of the fans recent actions/inactions has caused him to do this? Surely he is driven by greed/stupidity?

Is the idea that an abandonment will decrease the cost for the buyer

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 06 Dec 2023 16:11

Saw this on Twitter and agree it might be nicer than tennis balls for Christmas matches:

https://twitter.com/SimonPovey1970_/sta ... 0100158655

How about this for a protest, throw cuddly toys onto the pitch then collect all the toys and give them to a local children's charity, get people on our side whilst highlighting the clubs problems

based on:

https://twitter.com/dingjme/status/1732126527326695637

(What happens to the tennis balls that are gathered up?)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Dec 2023 17:31

morganb Saw this on Twitter and agree it might be nicer than tennis balls for Christmas matches:

https://twitter.com/SimonPovey1970_/sta ... 0100158655

How about this for a protest, throw cuddly toys onto the pitch then collect all the toys and give them to a local children's charity, get people on our side whilst highlighting the clubs problems

based on:

https://twitter.com/dingjme/status/1732126527326695637

(What happens to the tennis balls that are gathered up?)

What about preserved and packaged food for the homeless.

MIM Royal

by MIM Royal » 06 Dec 2023 18:55

The protest was well covered by ITV and our plight clearly has a lot of UK support, so credit to them. Up to the 16 min Reading were in the ascendancy but we lost our momentum, Eastleigh scored and we lost.

Becoming a farce if the protests go up a step in games, and certainly would not be being done in my name, and I suspect a significant number of other long term supporters.

It's obvious and just human nature, but clearly protests stopping a game do effect our players as they anticipate the disruption, and know they have to restart once its over. The twitter army can twatter all they like but many other supporters have better uses of their time.

Empty seats and non attendance would seem another option? This hits the owner in the pocket, which is what the Blackpool campaign successfully achieved a few years back..

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 06 Dec 2023 19:28

MIM Royal The protest was well covered by ITV and our plight clearly has a lot of UK support, so credit to them. Up to the 16 min Reading were in the ascendancy but we lost our momentum, Eastleigh scored and we lost.

Becoming a farce if the protests go up a step in games, and certainly would not be being done in my name, and I suspect a significant number of other long term supporters.

It's obvious and just human nature, but clearly protests stopping a game do effect our players as they anticipate the disruption, and know they have to restart once its over. The twitter army can twatter all they like but many other supporters have better uses of their time.

Empty seats and non attendance would seem another option? This hits the owner in the pocket, which is what the Blackpool campaign successfully achieved a few years back..

Difference is, Blackpool's owner was taking money out of the club so hitting his wallet was effective. Dai has set us up to be unsustainable and then turned off the tap, which is a different issue. Boycotting would just exacerbate issues and make staff more likely to go unpaid.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Dec 2023 18:12

I am not sure if it’s true but I am hearing that the money raised by fans for the staff is going to be spent on a Christmas party. I didn’t donate much but I thought the money was going to be used as an emergency fund for staff in case there are future issues with payment of their wages.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 10 Dec 2023 18:44

blythspartan I am not sure if it’s true but I am hearing that the money raised by fans for the staff is going to be spent on a Christmas party. I didn’t donate much but I thought the money was going to be used as an emergency fund for staff in case there are future issues with payment of their wages.

Its being spent on a party in January if the staff aren't paid this month.

Why not a Christmas bonus? I expect our staff are on pretty small wages which is generally how it is for non playing staff employed by professional football clubs.

I am not sure what gives STAR the right to make this decision.....from someone who donated.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 10 Dec 2023 19:26

Star are getting pelters over on Twitter over the party decision (not surprising really).

Would imagine people who donated wouldn't expect that was how their money was going to be spent plus guess the staff would rather have cold hard cash over a party.

https://twitter.com/STARReading/status/ ... _EPmA&s=19

If all salaries are received, we will pay a contribution towards a party for Club staff in January, which STAR will book and pay directly to the holding venue. The Club has asked us to take into account their casual workforce at the same time.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Dec 2023 19:30

Mid Sussex Royal
blythspartan I am not sure if it’s true but I am hearing that the money raised by fans for the staff is going to be spent on a Christmas party. I didn’t donate much but I thought the money was going to be used as an emergency fund for staff in case there are future issues with payment of their wages.

Its being spent on a party in January if the staff aren't paid this month.

Why not a Christmas bonus? I expect our staff are on pretty small wages which is generally how it is for non playing staff employed by professional football clubs.

I am not sure what gives STAR the right to make this decision.....from someone who donated.

Yes, a Christmas bonus for the staff would be a much better idea.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 10 Dec 2023 19:37

morganb Star are getting pelters over on Twitter over the party decision (not surprising really).

Would imagine people who donated wouldn't expect that was how their money was going to be spent plus guess the staff would rather have cold hard cash over a party.

If all salaries are received, we will pay a contribution towards a party for Club staff in January, which STAR will book and pay directly to the holding venue. The Club has asked us to take into account their casual workforce at the same time.

Jesus

Read the room guys
Ridiculous idea STAR

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2023 19:39

bcubed
morganb Star are getting pelters over on Twitter over the party decision (not surprising really).

Jesus

Read the room guys
Ridiculous idea STAR

Absolute fukwits

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 10 Dec 2023 21:34

Usual Twitter meltdown without actually thinking . 7k has been raised, that’s all. We don’t know how many staff there are, but it is believed to be more than 200, but less than 500. If the 7k was split between all staff - as per the requests from the Twitter knob heads it would be £35 each if 200 staff, or £14 each if 500 :| hardly going to make a difference to them is it? Putting on a party seems like a nice idea and with 7k I reckon they could put on something quite nice. You’d like to think the club could offer the conference centre/ directors boxes as the venue free of charge. 7k would go quite far on booze and food.

If I were a member of staff and I was given an option of £14 or a party I’d probably choose a party tbf

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 10 Dec 2023 22:50

Brogue Usual Twitter meltdown without actually thinking . 7k has been raised, that’s all. We don’t know how many staff there are, but it is believed to be more than 200, but less than 500. If the 7k was split between all staff - as per the requests from the Twitter knob heads it would be £35 each if 200 staff, or £14 each if 500 :| hardly going to make a difference to them is it? Putting on a party seems like a nice idea and with 7k I reckon they could put on something quite nice. You’d like to think the club could offer the conference centre/ directors boxes as the venue free of charge. 7k would go quite far on booze and food.

If I were a member of staff and I was given an option of £14 or a party I’d probably choose a party tbf

Aside from the players and coaches etc. I stupidly thought they’d only have around 100 salaried staff. I’m shocked that the figure could be up to 500.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Dec 2023 22:57

Brogue Usual Twitter meltdown without actually thinking . 7k has been raised, that’s all. We don’t know how many staff there are, but it is believed to be more than 200, but less than 500. If the 7k was split between all staff - as per the requests from the Twitter knob heads it would be £35 each if 200 staff, or £14 each if 500 :| hardly going to make a difference to them is it? Putting on a party seems like a nice idea and with 7k I reckon they could put on something quite nice. You’d like to think the club could offer the conference centre/ directors boxes as the venue free of charge. 7k would go quite far on booze and food.

I think it's entirely reasonable for people contributing to a fund set up to help cover staff wages so they can do things like pay their rent/mortgage and bills to not be happy about it going to fund a party instead (if they do get paid).

This is one of the reasons I haven’t contributed. How the money is administered and spent is too murky.

2799 posts