CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5399 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT YET* CONFIMRED

by Sutekh » 22 Jul 2024 07:10

I reckon it'll happen when it's ready and be what it'll be and we won't be able to do anything about either.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 22 Jul 2024 07:45

This feels like the closest we have gotten to a takeover. Couhig sounds like a pretty determined person so I reckon it will be done by this coming Friday.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 22 Jul 2024 08:56

blythspartan This feels like the closest we have gotten to a takeover. Couhig sounds like a pretty determined person so I reckon it will be done by this coming Friday.

The only person guaranteed to get anything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe
I had to go back to the 70’s for that one

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 22 Jul 2024 09:15

I'm just used to it not happening. Probably reports that it's basically done on Wednesday, then nothing and before we know it the season is starting.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Addict

by Royals and Racers » 22 Jul 2024 09:17

Another Companies house Reading FC notification of change today this time change of details for Renhe Sports management.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 22 Jul 2024 12:32

I don't think these constant updates on the most obscure and trivial detail really help anything but fueling frustration.

The only thing that matters is has a deal gone through officially. Or has a potential buyer pulled out. Until then, nothing else is really worth a damn.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 23 Jul 2024 00:13

Snowflake Royal I don't think these constant updates on the most obscure and trivial detail really help anything but fueling frustration.

Untangling the complex web of Dai's business empire may be part of the problem. After all Dai's "China" problems haven't gone away. Been quiet in terms of activity for a while now.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 24 Jul 2024 07:38

Selles seemed upbeat in his post game interview with Tim Dellor that takeover is close to completion.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 24 Jul 2024 08:05

RG30 Selles seemed upbeat in his post game interview with Tim Dellor that takeover is close to completion.

The fact that he hasn't walked at any point has always been the clearest sign to me that things have been moving positively if a little slower than hoped.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 24 Jul 2024 09:30

Stranded
RG30 Selles seemed upbeat in his post game interview with Tim Dellor that takeover is close to completion.

The fact that he hasn't walked at any point has always been the clearest sign to me that things have been moving positively if a little slower than hoped.

Well done Selles for saying more in a short post match interview than the rest of the club combined in the past 3 months.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 24 Jul 2024 09:31

Franchise FC
blythspartan This feels like the closest we have gotten to a takeover. Couhig sounds like a pretty determined person so I reckon it will be done by this coming Friday.

:D

Was going to add - 1770s!
But then checked and its even earlier.

But you meant the tv show, I know

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 24 Jul 2024 09:55

bcubed
Franchise FC

:D

Was going to add - 1770s!
But then checked and its even earlier.

But you meant the tv show, I know

:lol: I was referencing the 1970’s as that’s when I read the book :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Jul 2024 10:45

WestYorksRoyal
Stranded

Well done Selles for saying more in a short post match interview than the rest of the club combined in the past 3 months.

Isn't he the only one left that's not suspended (or pending suspension) from football though?

Anfield Royal
Location: L9 Liverpool STH. Reading Is My Guilty Pleasure Having Been Based In Ascot Some Time.

by Anfield Royal » 24 Jul 2024 19:44

Got my fingers crossed for you guys over the next week or two to get this over the line. It's gut wrenching how one parasite can undo all the hard work Sir John did here; but you will bounce back - brick by brick!

buckingham royal

by buckingham royal » 25 Jul 2024 14:34

Interesting that a former Director of Footbal Luke Dowling was on Talk Sport this morning and said he was close to taking up a new role in a club to be purchased within the next few weeks. He was not questioned which club this would be. May be nothing, ut watch this space.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 25 Jul 2024 14:45

Interestingly he is an ex Reading academy player and did some consultancy work for the club just before Bowen was reappointed.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Jul 2024 14:45

buckingham royal Interesting that a former Director of Footbal Luke Dowling was on Talk Sport this morning and said he was close to taking up a new role in a club to be purchased within the next few weeks. He was not questioned which club this would be. May be nothing, ut watch this space.

Everton ?
:wink:

buckingham royal

by buckingham royal » 25 Jul 2024 14:51

Franchise FC
buckingham royal Interesting that a former Director of Footbal Luke Dowling was on Talk Sport this morning and said he was close to taking up a new role in a club to be purchased within the next few weeks. He was not questioned which club this would be. May be nothing, ut watch this space.

Everton ?

Possibly

Anfield Royal
Location: L9 Liverpool STH. Reading Is My Guilty Pleasure Having Been Based In Ascot Some Time.

by Anfield Royal » 25 Jul 2024 15:15

Franchise FC

Everton ?

Everton aren't close to a buy-out in the next few weeks. They're latest interested party has just pulled out, so it's back to the drawing board for them.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 25 Jul 2024 16:55

Anfield Royal
Franchise FC

Everton ?

Everton aren't close to a buy-out in the next few weeks. They're latest interested party has just pulled out, so it's back to the drawing board for them.

Wasn't Dowling the football director at WBA until he had a disagreement with the owner a couple of years ago? Can't imagine he'd be cheap.

5399 posts