CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5395 posts
Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT YET* CONFIMRED

by Forbury Lion » 25 Jul 2024 16:57

Franchise FC
blythspartan This feels like the closest we have gotten to a takeover. Couhig sounds like a pretty determined person so I reckon it will be done by this coming Friday.

The only person guaranteed to get anything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe
I had to go back to the 70’s for that one
Pretty sure some good work was done by Friday when Robin Friday played for us.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 25 Jul 2024 17:00

buckingham royal Interesting that a former Director of Footbal Luke Dowling was on Talk Sport this morning and said he was close to taking up a new role in a club to be purchased within the next few weeks. He was not questioned which club this would be. May be nothing, ut watch this space.

Probably Sheff U

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 25 Jul 2024 18:02

Forbury Lion
Franchise FC
blythspartan This feels like the closest we have gotten to a takeover. Couhig sounds like a pretty determined person so I reckon it will be done by this coming Friday.

The only person guaranteed to get anything done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe
I had to go back to the 70’s for that one
Pretty sure some good work was done by Friday when Robin Friday played for us.

Ah, yes … but still the 70’s :wink:

Tazewell Royal

by Tazewell Royal » 26 Jul 2024 00:35

https://apple.news/AxLkF3rWYTcepva6lE-Oy5A :D

This is so obvious! It’s Reading FC,
“There is such enormous potential to do something amazing here and I cannot resist the challenge.” He is alleged to have said.

:D

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2024 07:08

Tazewell Royal https://apple.news/AxLkF3rWYTcepva6lE-Oy5A :D

This is so obvious! It’s Reading FC,
“There is such enormous potential to do something amazing here and I cannot resist the challenge.” He is alleged to have said.

:D

An outside possibility he might be involved (though I'd imagine it to be very unlikely as all his clubs are at top/second division level). It's not thought to be Sheffield United according to media. Textor though is apparently currently being threatened with legal action by PSG after comments made as owner of Lyon.

How many other English clubs are obviously up for sale at the moment?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 26 Jul 2024 07:53

Pretty sure he could afford to buy 200% of Reading FC if that was possible, rather than just 80%.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 26 Jul 2024 08:44

80% could fit as we still have one of the Thais as a director with, I thought, around 25%.

So dilute that a little withdebt converted to shares and it would fit.

But it would seem to throw everything else about Couhig and his possible relation with Chiron out the window.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 26 Jul 2024 09:22

This doesn't add up to me. He has experience running a Premier League club and the means to go bigger than us; he was interested in Everton. Add in that all the reports point towards Couhig being close, having met Selles and the players, and I can't see a new party involved now.

Dai owns more than 80% of the shares, it's more like 96%. I guess this guy could be the money behind Couhig and Chiron, but I imagine Couhig would want more even if he is fronting a consortium. And what is Chiron's role? Middle men or investors?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 26 Jul 2024 10:28

Snowflake Royal 80% could fit as we still have one of the Thais as a director with, I thought, around 25%.

But it would seem to throw everything else about Couhig and his possible relation with Chiron out the window.

Narin's share is something stupid like <1% IIRC.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 26 Jul 2024 10:40

RG30
Snowflake Royal 80% could fit as we still have one of the Thais as a director with, I thought, around 25%.

First of all I’m not going to get carried away by a tenuous suggestion that he might be the new owner….
IF he is and IF he’s buying 80% could this be an away of bridging a gap between valuations ?
Possible that he’s buying 80% now at HIS valuation with an option on the rest based on promotion / financial performance / whatever at potentially a higher valuation.
Still gives him full control but allows Dai the chance to make a bit more on the deal.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 26 Jul 2024 10:50

Crusader Royal
RG30

First of all I’m not going to get carried away by a tenuous suggestion that he might be the new owner….
IF he is and IF he’s buying 80% could this be an away of bridging a gap between valuations ?
Possible that he’s buying 80% now at HIS valuation with an option on the rest based on promotion / financial performance / whatever at potentially a higher valuation.
Still gives him full control but allows Dai the chance to make a bit more on the deal.

indeed, Dai deserves to get the best price he can, and if this is his way of doing it then fair pay to him.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 26 Jul 2024 10:58

Brogue
Crusader Royal
RG30

indeed, Dai deserves to get the best price he can, and if this is his way of doing it then fair pay to him.

Not entirely sure most Reading fans would be with you there….

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 26 Jul 2024 11:05

Crusader Royal
Brogue
Crusader Royal

the man has pumped more money into this club than all our other owners combined, only fair he seeks a return. If fans cant appreicate that then i would say thats a somewhat selffish view to take.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 26 Jul 2024 11:11

Brogue
Crusader Royal
Brogue

the man has pumped more money into this club than all our other owners combined, only fair he seeks a return. If fans cant appreicate that then i would say thats a somewhat selffish view to take.

I’m sure that is one way to look at it.
Other ways of looking are available

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 26 Jul 2024 11:22

Brogue
Crusader Royal
RG30

:lol:

Nice trolling Brogue.

traff

by traff » 26 Jul 2024 12:03

Have there been any concrete links between Chiron and Couhig?
Maybe John Textor is purchasing 80% and Couhig is fronting but investing the other 20%?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 26 Jul 2024 13:41

Brogue
Crusader Royal
Brogue

Have you considered that a lot of the money might not have been Dai's own to spend.........

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2024 16:18

Brogue
Crusader Royal
Brogue

As has been pointed out, that's certainly one unique way to look at it

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 26 Jul 2024 16:24

Isn't the mooted 10 days to complete up this weekend, therefore hoping for some positive silence (as that is the general way they communicate with fans) from the club on Monday or Tuesday. Moreover, expecting the usual spurious tweets to break out on the X just beforehand.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 26 Jul 2024 16:44

Sutekh
Brogue
Crusader Royal

As has been pointed out, that's certainly one unique way to look at it

I think we can anticipate another 6 weeks of this from brogue as the kids drive him ever closer to the brink.

5395 posts