Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT YET* CONFIMRED

by Brogue » 31 Jul 2024 08:42

people seem to put too much faith in other people. People are stupid

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2024 09:38

WestYorksRoyal Tbf the EFL guys who approved Dai were clowns. Parry and Birch have done a lot of work clearing up the shitshow they inherited.

On what basis were they clowns?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2024 09:41

Crusader Royal
Franchise FC
Crusader Royal
Have there been instances where we could have been punished but weren’t ? Would be interesting to know where this leniency has been applied. If we have been lightly treated I wonder what other clubs think of that ?

I would suggest that there’s no way the EFL would make public (deliberately) if they’d been lenient for exactly that reason

But someone has said they have been, and it would just be nice to know when. We tend to know when we’ve done wrong (missed payments etc) and I can’t recall us doing anything that went unpunished. It’s tantalising to be told they have not punished us as much as they could without having examples. Makes you question the accuracy of the claim.

On several occasions they could have pushed for points deductions, but instead focused on personal misconduct by Dai.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2024 09:43

Hendo
Franchise FC Our situation has never been the fault of the EFL

Wait, wait...! So you're saying that the EFL aren't to blame because they couldn't see into the future and disqualify Dai from ownership because he liquidated a club a number of years after he became our owner?!

Lol

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 Jul 2024 10:17

The EFL were never to blame. There was a bit of a faux outrage about them and it stuck. It’s not good for their competition if clubs fold and I am sure they’ll always look to help where the rules allow.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 31 Jul 2024 10:18

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal Tbf the EFL guys who approved Dai were clowns. Parry and Birch have done a lot of work clearing up the shitshow they inherited.

On what basis were they clowns?

Yes please explain this? As far as I can recall Dai was rejected by the PL because they didn't like the proposed ownership/financial model he presented when trying to take over Hull (wasn't it?). When it came to Reading his proposed model was different with different people involved so while the PL may have done a lot of work investigating him, I would suggest that much of it was not of use/interest to the FL and enough had been changed to make it look a decent proposal.

My biggest issue with it all is that you have three organisations (PL, FL and ManCity :wink: ) running what is the same competition which is ridiculously flawed. Hope that the proposed independent overseer will take on much of this **** and won't be emasculated by Starmer and his clowns listening to big club bellyaching.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 31 Jul 2024 11:00

I thought it has been repeatedly stated on here that it wasn't Dai rejected by the PL, but his proposed partner at Hull.

And the split between the PL and FL was specifically because the PL chose to break away from the rest of the league, and do things differently (mainly, earn money).

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 31 Jul 2024 15:22

Snowflake Royal
Crusader Royal
Franchise FC I would suggest that there’s no way the EFL would make public (deliberately) if they’d been lenient for exactly that reason

But someone has said they have been, and it would just be nice to know when. We tend to know when we’ve done wrong (missed payments etc) and I can’t recall us doing anything that went unpunished. It’s tantalising to be told they have not punished us as much as they could without having examples. Makes you question the accuracy of the claim.

On several occasions they could have pushed for points deductions, but instead focused on personal misconduct by Dai.

I' d guess if there is any reported leniency it would be to do with the EFL letting off Dai paying the fine, on the fine, on the fine in order to progress the sale.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 31 Jul 2024 16:10

Eddie itk posts called out as bullshit by James earnshaw

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 31 Jul 2024 16:11

blythspartan The EFL were never to blame. There was a bit of a faux outrage about them and it stuck. It’s not good for their competition if clubs fold and I am sure they’ll always look to help where the rules allow.

The EFL are simply the scapegoat for the club not aligning with FFP rules and the withdrawal of funds after massively increasing the cost base of the club. Both ultimately fall with Dai and the people he had running the club.

Arguably, the EFL have prevented the club from falling into an even more perilous position by imposing sanctions (especially the transfer embargos and registration limits). The most questionable thing has been the point deductions, but the club would have known the sanctions for breaching FFP and the EFL have simply been enforcing the rules.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2024 16:56

Brogue Eddie itk posts called out as bullshit by James earnshaw

Well he just said it isn’t imminent as far as his people tell him rather than it being untrue. Do find it’s basically only him who I take much notice of nowadays though

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2024 17:33

Hound

Well he just said it isn’t imminent as far as his people tell him rather than it being untrue. Do find it’s basically only him who I take much notice of nowadays though

I can't remember ever before being at the end of July with there having been basically no interest in any of the activity in the club throughout the summer and no real anticipation for the start of the season. That's over about 30 years.

Very much feels like we're sleep walking zombie style into the season. Just going through the motions waiting to see if we die or a knight in shining armour swoops in to save us.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 31 Jul 2024 17:42

Snowflake Royal
Hound

I can't remember ever before being at the end of July with there having been basically no interest in any of the activity in the club throughout the summer and no real anticipation for the start of the season. That's over about 30 years.

Very much feels like we're sleep walking zombie style into the season. Just going through the motions waiting to see if we die or a knight in shining armour swoops in to save us.

Although on the other hand we seem to be having a pretty decent set of preseason games, we’re retained all our players despite the fact that you might have expected other clubs to be trying to get bargains off us and our manager has stayed when you could have walked. The signs are we don’t need a knight in shining armour as we have purchasers actively working with the club.
I actually think we are in a better position in playing terms than we have been in several previous seasons, and there have been few if any troubling stories emerging from behind the scenes for a few weeks. We obviously desperately need the ownership sorted and until it is we are rather treading water, but that’s better than drowning.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 31 Jul 2024 17:49

I’m looking forward to the season. It just needs this Couhig thing to get over the line and I’ll be more than happy. I’m pretty sure it’ll happen at some point

As mentioned we’ve had no chance of any signings but the likes of Wing, Knibbs and Smith don’t seem to be agitating for a move either

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 31 Jul 2024 17:52

Hound I’m looking forward to the season. It just needs this Couhig thing to get over the line and I’ll be more than happy. I’m pretty sure it’ll happen at some point

As mentioned we’ve had no chance of any signings but the likes of Wing, Knibbs and Smith don’t seem to be agitating for a move either

It's not that there are no positives, it just feels, and maybe just to me, fatigue.

Plus it's not like there'd be anyone for them to talk to if a club wanted to buy one of our players.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 31 Jul 2024 18:39

In fairness Eddie has been far more accurate than any of the local journos.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 31 Jul 2024 21:39

Hound As mentioned we’ve had no chance of any signings but the likes of Wing, Knibbs and Smith don’t seem to be agitating for a move either

Still a month to the window closes. At what point does a player decide for their own personal reasons to jump ship. No doubt there's approaches to the players agents behind the scenes. Once one goes. Will the dominoes topple.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 31 Jul 2024 22:08

Lower West
Hound As mentioned we’ve had no chance of any signings but the likes of Wing, Knibbs and Smith don’t seem to be agitating for a move either

Still a month to the window closes. At what point does a player decide for their own personal reasons to jump ship. No doubt there's approaches to the players agents behind the scenes. Once one goes. Will the dominoes topple.

Over the last year the club has slowly been moving in the right direction with regards to cutting costs and getting rid of the so called mercenaries within the squad. We still have the training ground and it looks like Dai may soon be out of the club and the players and tax bills are being paid.

On the pitch Selles is slowly molding this team and building an identity that is pleasing to the eye. The players look happy and eager to play for their manager and key players like Wing have come out stating that the club feels like home!!

We are still in a similar position to last preseason but it feels a lot different and positive to last preseason. We cannot get players in yet due to the impending sale of the club however, nobody really seems to care as the core of this young group has so much potential and have that year's worth of experience playing together.

If the takeover by Couhig happens and he steadies the ship and by judging from his experience with Wycombe this may be the case then why would any of these players want to leave. Maybe, just maybe something good is being built here and these players may well sense that and want to stay and see where this goes.....i guess we will have to wait and see :D

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Aug 2024 08:50

Brogue people seem to put too much faith in other people. People are stupid

I know, right?! Like faith put in someone to put a series of images together in a collage? :wink:

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 01 Aug 2024 09:01

Hendo
Brogue people seem to put too much faith in other people. People are stupid

I know, right?! Like faith put in someone to put a series of images together in a collage? :wink:

:D Watch this space

5395 posts