CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5395 posts
Crusader Royal

Re: TAKEOVER *NOT YET* CONFIMRED

by Crusader Royal » 01 Aug 2024 10:41

Lower West
Hound As mentioned we’ve had no chance of any signings but the likes of Wing, Knibbs and Smith don’t seem to be agitating for a move either

Still a month to the window closes. At what point does a player decide for their own personal reasons to jump ship. No doubt there's approaches to the players agents behind the scenes. Once one goes. Will the dominoes topple.

Luckily they can’t just jump ship as long as they are being paid.
Of course they might demand a move, and we all know that hanging on to a player who decides they have no future is hard. But the lack of any rumours regarding our players (Azeez excepted ) seems positive. The players probably know much more about the state of the club than we do and it seems a pretty happy camp.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Aug 2024 11:52

If you want to be positive about the immediate future of the club then the fact that none of our valuable players have either made it clear they want to leave, have been sold for a knock down fee or are even being rumoured to leave is it.

Add to that that Selles has not walked when he could have done is very likely to mean they are getting very positive updates internally.

Fox Talbot
Hob Nob Regular

by Fox Talbot » 01 Aug 2024 15:33

This wait is driving me bonkers. It's like a 15 month pregnancy.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 01 Aug 2024 16:15

Stranded If you want to be positive about the immediate future of the club then the fact that none of our valuable players have either made it clear they want to leave, have been sold for a knock down fee or are even being rumoured to leave is it.

Add to that that Selles has not walked when he could have done is very likely to mean they are getting very positive updates internally.

Conversely if you want to be negative, as the timeline continues way beyond even the most conservative of initial estimates, it's fair to assume there's definitely been a hurdle or two along the way. A not necessarily insurmountable one, but bitter experience tells us the deal is not done until it's done. (And even then, might get undone eh Anton?)

FWIW I think it'll all work in the end.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 01 Aug 2024 18:50

Stranded If you want to be positive about the immediate future of the club then the fact that none of our valuable players have either made it clear they want to leave, have been sold for a knock down fee or are even being rumoured to leave is it.

I'd agree with this. The fact we've not sold anyone, and only Mola (IIRC) being the only player the club wanted to keep leaving, is the biggest indication the takeover is expected to be close.

The question is how close? Before the season starts? Some point in August? September/October?

The summer sees season ticket sales, Premier League money and, I imagine, most of the EFL's TV money enter the club's account, so I don't know if anyone outside of the relevant people in the club has any realistic idea of how long these funds will last this season before the takeover needs to happen and the club is required to cut costs simply to pay operating costs.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2024 08:03

Clyde1998

I'd agree with this. The fact we've not sold anyone, and only Mola (IIRC) being the only player the club wanted to keep leaving, is the biggest indication the takeover is expected to be close.

The question is how close? Before the season starts? Some point in August? September/October?

The summer sees season ticket sales, Premier League money and, I imagine, most of the EFL's TV money enter the club's account, so I don't know if anyone outside of the relevant people in the club has any realistic idea of how long these funds will last this season before the takeover needs to happen and the club is required to cut costs simply to pay operating costs.

I would imagine all parties are aware of how much money there is available to cover costs and for how long that money will last, if they don't I would have to question what has actually been going on. If a deal is close, i.e. there is not really any hurdles left just legal processing to occur, then I would expect the new owners to pump some money in. If not, we may see a sale or two as we approach the end of the window.

The one good thing, is even though we can't sign anyone at all right now, when we can - that is only frees and loans anyway, so we can still strengthen the squad in September if needs be with the former. With the latter, most decent loans don't happen until close to the window when clubs make a final call on who they want at the club and who needs to get minutes elsewhere.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Aug 2024 08:39

Stranded
Clyde1998

I would imagine all parties are aware of how much money there is available to cover costs and for how long that money will last, if they don't I would have to question what has actually been going on. If a deal is close, i.e. there is not really any hurdles left just legal processing to occur, then I would expect the new owners to pump some money in. If not, we may see a sale or two as we approach the end of the window.

The one good thing, is even though we can't sign anyone at all right now, when we can - that is only frees and loans anyway, so we can still strengthen the squad in September if needs be with the former. With the latter, most decent loans don't happen until close to the window when clubs make a final call on who they want at the club and who needs to get minutes elsewhere.

The only problem with that theory that we could sell a player to fund a gap if the takeover isn’t complete, is it would involve Dai signing off on it, which clearly isn’t going to happen.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Aug 2024 08:43

Snowflake Royal
Stranded
Clyde1998 I'd agree with this. The fact we've not sold anyone, and only Mola (IIRC) being the only player the club wanted to keep leaving, is the biggest indication the takeover is expected to be close.

The only problem with that theory that we could sell a player to fund a gap if the takeover isn’t complete, is it would involve Dai signing off on it, which clearly isn’t going to happen.

And if we get to that stage, we are fcuked, everyone looks like idiots and we look forward to watching AFC Reading host Ascot at Palmer Park in 25/26.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER *STILL NOT F***ING* CONFIMRED

by windermereROYAL » 02 Aug 2024 10:48

Bored with it now.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Aug 2024 17:25

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

And if we get to that stage, we are fcuked, everyone looks like idiots and we look forward to watching AFC Reading host Ascot at Palmer Park in 25/26.

Cmon Ascot. The Yellamen are on the March.....

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 02 Aug 2024 17:35

Stranded
Snowflake Royal
Stranded

Isn’t that what happened in January?

But anyone also bored of this whole thing. All the itk accounts, Dai, the uncertainty, everything. Wish we could just focus on the football itself

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 02 Aug 2024 21:46

A few notable changes submitted to companies house by Redwood Capital today.

Leo Rifkind has resigned as director. There were rumours previously that a leading Chrion investor had pulled out causing the deal to nearly collapse, perhaps it was him? Or, speculating, perhaps the EFL raised some concerns given his previous history at Charlton?

Their registered office has also changed. I note to the same building occupied by the law firm Kitson Boyle, who led Couhig's sale of Wycombe a few months back according to this article: https://www.torbayweekly.co.uk/news/hom ... ition.html

Further evidence that Couhig is very much leading this now and Chiron, it seems, will be more like passive background investors?

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Addict

by Royals and Racers » 02 Aug 2024 22:14

blueroyals A few notable changes submitted to companies house by Redwood Capital today.

Leo Rifkind has resigned as director. There were rumours previously that a leading Chrion investor had pulled out causing the deal to nearly collapse, perhaps it was him? Or, speculating, perhaps the EFL raised some concerns given his previous history at Charlton?

Their registered office has also changed. I note to the same building occupied by the law firm Kitson Boyle, who led Couhig's sale of Wycombe a few months back according to this article: https://www.torbayweekly.co.uk/news/hom ... ition.html

Further evidence that Couhig is very much leading this now and Chiron, it seems, will be more like passive background investors?

Robert Emmet Couhig Jnr was also appointed as a director today.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Aug 2024 00:11

blueroyals Further evidence that Couhig is very much leading this now and Chiron, it seems, will be more like passive background investors?

Much in the same way that Todd Boehly is the public face of Chelsea. While the real power lies elsewhere.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 03 Aug 2024 01:01

Just for clarity and I'm sure this has been answered before, but what's the link between Chiron and Redwood? Am I right in thinking Redwood would be the organisation owning the club, with Chiron providing investment?

I know Leo Rifkind was a director of both and is still listed as a director of Chiron. Could simply be a case of the people who'll be running the day-to-day operations of the club being made directors of Redwood?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Aug 2024 05:49

With Couhig now a director of Redwood Holdings I’d like to think that the takeover might be close. Hopefully, we’ll see them replace Renhe Sports on the CH filings soon.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 03 Aug 2024 09:18

Not changed for Reading yet but just for the record here is a List of the current owners, and associated wealth, of the 92 PL and FL clubs

Basildon

by Basildon » 03 Aug 2024 22:18

Haven’t posted in a while. Firstly….

Ads on the mobile site have become a oxf*rd nightmare

Secondly, and most importantly - the fact the takeover hasn’t happened yet is so concerning.

I’m so pleased with how the pre season friendlies have gone all things considered.

But if we go in to the season with this squad we are surely destined for another relegation scrap. Wing, azeez, smith and co can only take us so far.

Couhig, if you’re gonna take over please, please, please just get it over the line before the season starts.

At best we’re gonna be mid table, and I would bite your knob off for a 12th place finish right now.

I was so optimistic at the end of last season. We finished so strong, and looked like a takeover was imminent. Thought we would be pushing for promotion this season.

But this off season has been more than depressing.

The only team out of 92 not to have made a signing.

Sorry for the rant but I just needed to get it off my chest.

Come on UUUURRRRZZZZZ

#IanRoyalForPresident

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 04 Aug 2024 08:31

Basildon Haven’t posted in a while. Firstly….

Ads on the mobile site have become a oxf*rd nightmare

Secondly, and most importantly - the fact the takeover hasn’t happened yet is so concerning.

I’m so pleased with how the pre season friendlies have gone all things considered.

But if we go in to the season with this squad we are surely destined for another relegation scrap. Wing, azeez, smith and co can only take us so far.

Couhig, if you’re gonna take over please, please, please just get it over the line before the season starts.

At best we’re gonna be mid table, and I would bite your knob off for a 12th place finish right now.

I was so optimistic at the end of last season. We finished so strong, and looked like a takeover was imminent. Thought we would be pushing for promotion this season.

But this off season has been more than depressing.

The only team out of 92 not to have made a signing.

Sorry for the rant but I just needed to get it off my chest.

Come on UUUURRRRZZZZZ

#IanRoyalForPresident

Except an Academy boy, Liverpool haven't signed anyone either.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 04 Aug 2024 18:29

Sutekh Not changed for Reading yet but just for the record here is a List of the current owners, and associated wealth, of the 92 PL and FL clubs

God that list is utterly depressing! English football is well and truly fcuked....

5395 posts