CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5392 posts
WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER CONFIMRED AT LAST!...............(Only joking)

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Aug 2024 08:06

Agree Earnshaw is very reliable - takes the damage of false stories to his reputation seriously. If anything, sometimes he is a bit too conservative and goes weeks without reporting much when I'm sure he has pieces of information that could be useful.

The wording of his article is pretty firm. Not much caveating or trying to manage expectations. Makes me think this is basically done.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Aug 2024 08:34

Hendo Well we could finally be getting to the end of this saga.

https://x.com/james_e1871/status/1823748255399723400

No rest for the wicked- not even on holiday. I am told the deal is agreed and the 'final stage' is expected to be completed by Friday. Announcement due early next week. Couhig currently working at B'wood and will be at the game on Saturday

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/sport/24518897.reading-fc-soon-to-be-owner-town-finalise-takeover/

Perhaps there should be a "big flag" for Rob, certainly think there should be a considerable "round of applause" when he appears in the director's box!

I have no doubt by the end of next week he'll have "spoken to the fans" more times than the previous "owner" did in 7 years.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Aug 2024 09:00

Wouldn`t it be epic if it was announced before the game on Saturday.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 15 Aug 2024 09:13

how long before the 'we want a sustainable club' turns into 'not that kind of sustainable club' when the self evident things you need to do to make a club like Reading in League 1 pay its way....

Christmas I reckon...

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Aug 2024 09:20

Linden Jones' Tash how long before the 'we want a sustainable club' turns into 'not that kind of sustainable club' when the self evident things you need to do to make a club like Reading in League 1 pay its way....

Christmas I reckon...

Already started! Expectations of 2 or 3 players arriving in what's left of the window :lol:

Might get 1 on loan from Southampton if you're lucky.
Last edited by Sutekh on 15 Aug 2024 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 15 Aug 2024 09:21

Linden Jones' Tash how long before the 'we want a sustainable club' turns into 'not that kind of sustainable club' when the self evident things you need to do to make a club like Reading in League 1 pay its way....

Christmas I reckon...

ALOL, yeah, this.

Especially on our Twitter page

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Aug 2024 09:29

Sutekh

Christmas I reckon...

Might get 1 on loan from Southampton if you're lucky.

If you`re referring to Dom Ballard that ship has sailed I`m afraid.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Aug 2024 09:44

Christmas I reckon...

I wonder if fans will happily take a few years L1 mediocrity and no drama so long as the football is enjoyable like it currently is.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Aug 2024 09:45

Brogue

Christmas I reckon...

ALOL, yeah, this.

Especially on our Twitter page

Idiots gonna idiot.

Madejski got constant hate, still got it mostly right

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 15 Aug 2024 11:14

WestYorksRoyal

Christmas I reckon...

I wonder if fans will happily take a few years L1 mediocrity and no drama so long as the football is enjoyable like it currently is.

That's what they should do....

Survival
Consolidation
Then see where we are

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Aug 2024 11:15

Crusader Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Crusader Royal
You would hope the completion of the sale means the accounts can be submitted but can we assume they are all sat there ready to go and are just waiting for their to be someone who cares enough to send them off ?
If they haven’t been submitted because there are legal / technical / whatever reasons why they can’t be could it not still take new owners quite a while to resolve those issues ?
Fingers crossed it’s a simple fix.

Accounts need approval by the directors, which is hard when the directors don't give a shit. I expect staff have them ready to go for Couhig & Co. to approve immediately, then we can bring players in.

Hopefully it’s that simple.
Probably second thing Couhig will do once he has the keys to the stadium.

If the buyers don't know the figures inside out by now then they're not the right buyers!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Aug 2024 11:23

Representatives of C1871 are meeting with the club tonight, don`t know if we`ll know anything more concrete after that.

On Strings

by On Strings » 15 Aug 2024 11:51

windermereROYAL Representatives of C1871 are meeting with the club tonight, don`t know if we`ll know anything more concrete after that.

Brace yourselves for changes to where C1871 sit. I hope it doesn't happen, as the noise levels are so much better now they're where they are, but RC wants to make as much money as possible to rebuild the club, and ultimately sell it on in 4-5 years. I can't see him accepting losses, just to appease fans. C1871 may perhaps end up in the corner of the UW/LW (?), back in Y25/26, or perhaps even the Dolan. Just my thoughts on it. I love what C1871 have done, so personally don't want to see any changes.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 15 Aug 2024 12:00

On Strings
windermereROYAL Representatives of C1871 are meeting with the club tonight, don`t know if we`ll know anything more concrete after that.

Brace yourselves for changes to where C1871 sit. I hope it doesn't happen, as the noise levels are so much better now they're where they are, but RC wants to make as much money as possible to rebuild the club, and ultimately sell it on in 4-5 years. I can't see him accepting losses, just to appease fans. C1871 may perhaps end up in the corner of the UW/LW (?), back in Y25/26, or perhaps even the Dolan. Just my thoughts on it. I love what C1871 have done, so personally don't want to see any changes.

Problem with that is season tickets have already been sold in these areas.

I think it fine for them to have half of the south stand in league 1. How many teams sold out their allocation last season. And to be honest I used to hate seeing the whole of the south stand sold out to teams who could fill it. But business is business I guess.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Aug 2024 12:14

On Strings

Can someone explain how this makes us more money? Bigger away ends? How many L1 sides is that relevant to?

I also read a Couhig interview at Wycombe lamenting how a small corner away fans always makes more noise than the rest of the ground; put your sneers aside, nearly all clubs struggle with it. C1871 have found a solution, it doesn't seem like something to tinker with unless there is an obvious benefit.

On Strings

by On Strings » 15 Aug 2024 12:33

WestYorksRoyal
On Strings

Can someone explain how this makes us more money? Bigger away ends? How many L1 sides is that relevant to?

Hopefully the gains for what, 4-5 big away ends, will be small enough to leave things as they are, for now. In the Championship may be a very different story though.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 15 Aug 2024 12:40

WestYorksRoyal
On Strings

I also read a Couhig interview at Wycombe lamenting how a small corner away fans always makes more noise than the rest of the ground; put your sneers aside, nearly all clubs struggle with it. C1871 have found a solution, it doesn't seem like something to tinker with unless there is an obvious benefit.

So I read the thread on Twitter and it’s complete scaremongering from on strings. This appears nothing more than an annual meeting they have with the club on how match day experience can be improved. There is nothing about moving c1871

Whore Jackie
Hob Nob Regular

by Whore Jackie » 15 Aug 2024 12:46

Yep, bizarre conclusion to have come to. C1871 season tickets already sold. UW people shifted last season, so the Club already have the ability to sell tickets at our top pricing levels. 2–3 games at max last season possibly looking close to an away sell-out. Even in the Championship you'd be surprised at how infrequently we sold out the whole South Stand.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Aug 2024 14:07

Chronicle Couhig and his other investors are currently in the town and are planning for the future. All will be in attendance on Saturday for the first home match of the new season against Wigan Athletic.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 15 Aug 2024 16:05

WestYorksRoyal

Christmas I reckon...

I would love to watch this current team grow into a very good team however, we all no our players will get cherry picked by the bigger boys but that is the way we have to run this club know to make us sustainable.
Utilize our academy, bring them through and then sell, anyone remember the old Crewe Alexander model in the 80s/90s under Dario Garadi i think, Neil Lennon being one of their star academy boys whom we almost signed just before he become a star!!

5392 posts