CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5391 posts
Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER CONFIMRED AT LAST!...............(Only joking)

by Sutekh » 15 Aug 2024 17:07

Crowbar6753
WestYorksRoyal
Linden Jones' Tash how long before the 'we want a sustainable club' turns into 'not that kind of sustainable club' when the self evident things you need to do to make a club like Reading in League 1 pay its way....

Christmas I reckon...

I wonder if fans will happily take a few years L1 mediocrity and no drama so long as the football is enjoyable like it currently is.

I would love to watch this current team grow into a very good team however, we all no our players will get cherry picked by the bigger boys but that is the way we have to run this club know to make us sustainable.
Utilize our academy, bring them through and then sell, anyone remember the old Crewe Alexander model in the 80s/90s under Dario Garadi i think, Neil Lennon being one of their star academy boys whom we almost signed just before he become a star!!

Crewe was the proverbial conveyer belt for young talent from the late 80s and through the 90s. Not just Lennon but the likes of David Platt, Seth Johnson, Rob Jones, Dele Adebola, Dean Ashton, Danny Murphy, Craig Hignett, Rob Hulse and Martyn Booty.

On Strings

by On Strings » 15 Aug 2024 17:40

Brogue
WestYorksRoyal
On Strings
Brace yourselves for changes to where C1871 sit. I hope it doesn't happen, as the noise levels are so much better now they're where they are, but RC wants to make as much money as possible to rebuild the club, and ultimately sell it on in 4-5 years. I can't see him accepting losses, just to appease fans. C1871 may perhaps end up in the corner of the UW/LW (?), back in Y25/26, or perhaps even the Dolan. Just my thoughts on it. I love what C1871 have done, so personally don't want to see any changes.

Can someone explain how this makes us more money? Bigger away ends? How many L1 sides is that relevant to?

I also read a Couhig interview at Wycombe lamenting how a small corner away fans always makes more noise than the rest of the ground; put your sneers aside, nearly all clubs struggle with it. C1871 have found a solution, it doesn't seem like something to tinker with unless there is an obvious benefit.

So I read the thread on Twitter and it’s complete scaremongering from on strings. This appears nothing more than an annual meeting they have with the club on how match day experience can be improved. There is nothing about moving c1871

Not at all, and I haven't seen anything on X. It's merely my opinion based on that RC wants a short-term project and sell for profit, so he will review all aspects of the club to maximise income. Looking at the teams in this division, we may be only looking at 4 who could sell out the South Stand, so the gains would be minimal at best this season, and of course season ticket sales mean no imminent changes to where home fans sit. It was just me speculating, mate, that's all.

Crowbar6753

by Crowbar6753 » 15 Aug 2024 18:02

Sutekh
Crowbar6753
WestYorksRoyal I wonder if fans will happily take a few years L1 mediocrity and no drama so long as the football is enjoyable like it currently is.

I would love to watch this current team grow into a very good team however, we all no our players will get cherry picked by the bigger boys but that is the way we have to run this club know to make us sustainable.
Utilize our academy, bring them through and then sell, anyone remember the old Crewe Alexander model in the 80s/90s under Dario Garadi i think, Neil Lennon being one of their star academy boys whom we almost signed just before he become a star!!

Crewe was the proverbial conveyer belt for young talent from the late 80s and through the 90s. Not just Lennon but the likes of David Platt, Seth Johnson, Rob Jones, Dele Adebola, Dean Ashton, Danny Murphy, Craig Hignett, Rob Hulse and Martyn Booty.

Thanks Sutekh for naming their other stars :D my mind went blank, that really was quite the list for such a small club. Didn't Martyn Booty play for us for a bit?

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Aug 2024 19:31

Todd, Todd, jr, Amy, Missy, and I are excited to watch ⁦@ReadingFC⁩ ⁦@LaticsOfficial⁩ Saturday. Weather and football should be great. We hope it’s the start of a great relationship with the town, fc, and supporters. Up The Ding! ⁦@ToddTrosclair⁩

https://x.com/RCouhig/status/1824144691018797092?t=gQeX07SIO92o2cCfOEIPnQ&s=19

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 15 Aug 2024 20:03

morganb
Todd, Todd, jr, Amy, Missy, and I are excited to watch ⁦@ReadingFC⁩ ⁦@LaticsOfficial⁩ Saturday. Weather and football should be great. We hope it’s the start of a great relationship with the town, fc, and supporters. Up The Ding! ⁦@ToddTrosclair⁩

https://x.com/RCouhig/status/1824144691018797092?t=gQeX07SIO92o2cCfOEIPnQ&s=19

From Todd Trosclair

Two kickoffs at 3pm. Readingfc v Latics and our relationship with Reading football club and it's supporters

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Aug 2024 20:20

Basically done deal. Just the official announcement to go

Thank god for that basically

Harrison Delbridge

by Harrison Delbridge » 15 Aug 2024 21:04

BREAKING !!!!

DOne deal

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Aug 2024 21:47

Sutekh
Crowbar6753
WestYorksRoyal I wonder if fans will happily take a few years L1 mediocrity and no drama so long as the football is enjoyable like it currently is.

You missed the legend that is the walking Spoonerism, Kenny Lunt.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 15 Aug 2024 21:47, edited 1 time in total.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Aug 2024 21:47

Harrison Delbridge BREAKING !!!!

DOne deal

You must be running out of user names.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Aug 2024 07:39

From Despair To Where?
Sutekh
Crowbar6753

His nephew, Owen Lunt, is now on Crewe's books. Long may the Lunts continue...

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Aug 2024 08:07

Sutekh
From Despair To Where?
Sutekh

Good old Lenny. Glad to see the family name is carrying on.

traff

by traff » 16 Aug 2024 08:58

From Despair To Where?
Sutekh
From Despair To Where?

Good old Lenny. Glad to see the family name is carrying on.

Quite a bunch of Lunts, with Dario Gradi being the head of Lunts.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Aug 2024 09:12

Something about Todd Trosclair I saw on Facebook. Sorry if its well known already

New Orleans area entrepreneur with many business interests including movies, restaurants etc, Read on about him...

Todd Trosclair is owner and/or partner in numerous major New Orleans businesses and projects, including All Star Electric, Galatoire’s Restaurant, Boulevard American Bistro restaurant, Rotolo’s Pizza, the Joy Theater and Flamingo A-Go-Go.
Trosclair’s latest projects include the 18-story Hard Rock Hotel (360 rooms, 60 luxury condos is co-developer with Mohan Kailas on Canal Street); co-developer on the new 207-unit Parkway Apartments on Earhart Boulevard and the Royal Street condo project with luxury condos and apartments, which Trosclair called “the crown jewel of New Orleans” that is led by Todd’s business partner John Georges, also owner of The Advocate newspaper.
Trosclair is a partner with Joey Tufaro in Gold Star Films, which made the movie “Kidnap” with actress Halle Berry. The company is working on its latest production called “Quarry.”

Apart from that, he's probably not busy! Mr Couhig himself is a 75 lawyer and multiple business investor.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 16 Aug 2024 09:41

Just about to have the takeover confimred after nearly going to the wall. And we have a page full of discussion about 1990’s Crewe :| great work lads :roll:

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 16 Aug 2024 09:51

Brogue Just about to have the takeover confimred after nearly going to the wall. And we have a page full of discussion about 1990’s Crewe :| great work lads :roll:

My thoughts entirely, where`s Nath btw?

Meanwhile I`m off to watching SSN waiting for that breaking news story.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 16 Aug 2024 10:45

windermereROYAL
Brogue Just about to have the takeover confimred after nearly going to the wall. And we have a page full of discussion about 1990’s Crewe :| great work lads :roll:

My thoughts entirely, where`s Nath btw?

Meanwhile I`m off to watching SSN waiting for that breaking news story.

I assume he's getting therapy for his personality issues, or hiding over on General Sport again.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Aug 2024 14:15

Twitter pic of the new Reading board (either that or the expected defensive line once the FL approved business plan takes effect)

https://x.com/rcouhig/status/1824144691018797092?s=46

Greatly looking forward to what we all hope will be a wonderfully NORMAL time with what we hope will be a great bunch of people.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 16 Aug 2024 14:19

Sutekh Twitter pic of the new Reading board (either that or the expected defensive line once the FL approved business plan takes effect)

https://x.com/rcouhig/status/1824144691018797092?s=46

Greatly looking forward to what we all hope will be a wonderfully NORMAL time with what we hope will be a great bunch of people.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 16 Aug 2024 18:10

Look, I'm as relieved as the next Reading fan at their arrival.

But baggy chinos that are too long for him and massive New Balance trainers? Let's hope he's better at running a football club than he is at chosing clothes. And he needs a hair cut.

I mean, has he not seen the Internet?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 16 Aug 2024 18:12

Lots of unsubtle hints that this will be announced at the game tomorrow. Could be a party atmosphere. Hope the players deliver a win to go with it.

5391 posts