CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5387 posts
From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

Re: TAKEOVER ALL BUT CONFIMRED

by From Despair To Where? » 18 Aug 2024 14:00

I'm completely ambivalent about whether Bowen stays or goes.

I think he's been a steady presence in a period of turbulence, in both spells and has been one of the few positives. I also think it's case of don't shoot the messenger. He can only relay to the fans what he's been told.

On the other hand, I'd have more sympathy over the gambling if it wasn't the second time he'd been charged but my biggest gripe with him is that he always looks like his wife's just kicked him out and he's been sleeping in his car.

rightroyalkneesup2

by rightroyalkneesup2 » 18 Aug 2024 19:53

From Despair To Where? I'm completely ambivalent about whether Bowen stays or goes.

I think he's been a steady presence in a period of turbulence, in both spells and has been one of the few positives. I also think it's case of don't shoot the messenger. He can only relay to the fans what he's been told.

On the other hand, I'd have more sympathy over the gambling if it wasn't the second time he'd been charged but my biggest gripe with him is that he always looks like his wife's just kicked him out and he's been sleeping in his car.

:lol:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: TAKEOVER CONFIMRED AT LAST!...............(Only joking)

by Forbury Lion » 19 Aug 2024 09:18

Brogue
Fezza
Brogue
We also have Brian Carey head of recruitment, and had Jared Dublin our head scout, who left at the end of June 2023. A week or so later we signed knibbs smith and wing. I’m sure he would have been involved in identifying these players.

Bowen lied about olise transfer sell on clause

Bowen lied when he said we’d had our medicine and there would be no further sanctions

Bowen lied when he said there would be no fire sale in January. Then we sold tmac Holmes abbey Vickers.

Bowen never communicates with the fans we’ve had a couple of sound bite interviews from him.

Bowen obviously has a gambling problem.

Disagree with this (if I’m allowed to, given your itk status).

The gambling occurred in a 3 month period, two years ago, when he had nothing to do with RFC. Given that it occurred over such a short period it points to an addict briefly falling off the wagon before getting things under control.

For much of the last 22 months he was the only person at the club saying anything.

:|

‘Mark Bowen admitted that he placed 95 bets on football matches, which were unrelated to Reading, between 19 April 2022 and 14 January 2024.’

Plus this is his second offence for the same thing he did back in 2016 or something whilst at stoke
Not sure how I feel about that, Did he not fancy us to win any of our matches during that time?.... Nah, probably realised that would be a step too far with regards to breaking the rules

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Aug 2024 10:24

Waiting for all the kids over on twitter or X to throw their toys out of the pram if there`s no official announcement by Wednesday evening.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 19 Aug 2024 11:21

windermereROYAL Waiting for all the kids over on twitter or X to throw their toys out of the pram if there`s no official announcement by Wednesday evening.

Rightfully so. It's been a fcuking year of this!

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 20 Aug 2024 14:08

The champagne is on ice, the diary cleared for the celebrations, and the bunting is out of the loft and ready to go.

But how we will hear first?

A press conference announced by the club - even if it doesn't say why, it'll be a dead giveaway.
Earnshaw in the Chronicle?
A Nobber who's ITK swears on, like, their puppy's life that's is defiantly confimred?
The national press?
BBCRB?
The EFL themselves?
Ian Royal?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Aug 2024 14:11

One thing's for sure on HNA - it'll always always be defiantly.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 20 Aug 2024 14:31

Can't see it bring local press, the Guardian & telegraph have been first to announce most of the recent stuff.

Most likely a club announcement with press conf to follow.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 20 Aug 2024 14:49

SSN after a commercial break, breaking news coming from league 1.............. Steve Evans fined for misconduct, fuck right off.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 20 Aug 2024 14:58

windermereROYAL SSN after a commercial break, breaking news coming from league 1.............. Steve Evans fined for misconduct, fuck right off.

:lol: That’s oxf*rd SSN for you.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 20 Aug 2024 15:18

blythspartan
windermereROYAL SSN after a commercial break, breaking news coming from league 1.............. Steve Evans fined for misconduct, fuck right off.

:lol: That’s oxf*rd SSN for you.

I know, right?! Almost like they need to report on other teams and sports!

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2024 15:22

Would imagine that SSN and Berks will suddenly start saying that a press conference has been called (maybe even covering it live as they've done with others in the past) while loads of twitter ITKs will be making out they're first with news of a done deal. Then about 3 days after the prezzer there'll be a club statement posted on the OS.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Aug 2024 15:34

Mid Sussex Royal Can't see it bring local press, the Guardian & telegraph have been first to announce most of the recent stuff.

Most likely a club announcement with press conf to follow.

Most outlets have reported so many "imminent" reports and reports that it's basically done. I'll only believe it's done when there is a statement.

How long ago did the Telegraph say it was 2 weeks off?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2024 15:55

Expected new board at game on Saturday

The gents in the pic are (l-r) Todd Trosclair Junior, Todd Trosclair Senior, Rob Couhig and Joe Jacobsen. Ladies are Mrs Junior and Mrs Couhig.

There is also another board member (not in photo) by the name of Alec Lundberg.

Joe is currently on the FL course on "how to run a football club" and much prefers the business side to the coaching side.

Deal expected to be confimred in next 24-48 hours.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 20 Aug 2024 16:13

I’ve rather lost the thread.
That board is basically a couple of rich Americans and their families.
Where do Chiron fit in ? Do they even fit in ?
If they are funding things is it odd for them to not have a place on the board ?
I’m sure someone understands how it all fits together….

Mr Sitter

by Mr Sitter » 20 Aug 2024 16:34

What are the odds that once it's announced HuangKad on X will say 'I told you so'

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2024 16:36

Crusader Royal I’ve rather lost the thread.
That board is basically a couple of rich Americans and their families.
Where do Chiron fit in ? Do they even fit in ?
If they are funding things is it odd for them to not have a place on the board ?
I’m sure someone understands how it all fits together….

Not sure Chiron are involved now, they were in the first set of talks that broke down. The above are the board and directors of Redwood Holdings 1 Limited which looks to be the proposed buying vehicle for the club and it's associated assets.

There could be other "silent" investors behind the scenes but would presume there would have to be knowledge of them to the FL in order for the sale to be approved, if there are any whether they would be revealed up front to us mere fans I have no idea.

Guess we should all wait until the press conference/statement before analysing it any further.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 20 Aug 2024 17:20

It's a front for a Welsh bloke called David Young who made his money turning bus shelters into pop up corner shops for rural communities.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 20 Aug 2024 18:26

From Despair To Where? It's a front for a Welsh bloke called David Young who made his money turning bus shelters into pop up corner shops for rural communities.

:lol: i see wot u did ther

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 20 Aug 2024 21:09

Sutekh Expected new board at game on Saturday

The gents in the pic are (l-r) Todd Trosclair Junior, Todd Trosclair Senior, Rob Couhig and Joe Jacobsen. Ladies are Mrs Junior and Mrs Couhig.

There is also another board member (not in photo) by the name of Alec Lundberg.

Joe is currently on the FL course on "how to run a football club" and much prefers the business side to the coaching side.

Deal expected to be confimred in next 24-48 hours.

From that photo Rob needs to keep a close eye on Joe

5387 posts