CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5344 posts
windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER ALL BUT CONFIMRED

by windermereROYAL » 24 Aug 2024 11:45

Ascotexgunner I thought someone told me on Saturday that both parties had agreed the sale but Couhig wernt happy about the amount of money the EFL wanted for some sort of "bond" that had to be paid. Though that could be b*ll*ocks, but then again the ball is in the EFLs court for sign off isn't it?

Couhig was unspecific on that, he said he expected it to completed by Tuesday or Wednesday, he was waiting for the other side to okay it, whether that`s the EFL or Dai is anybody`s guess.

So the wait goes on, tiresome isn`t it?

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 24 Aug 2024 11:47

Ascotexgunner I thought someone told me on Saturday that both parties had agreed the sale but Couhig wernt happy about the amount of money the EFL wanted for some sort of "bond" that had to be paid. Though that could be b*ll*ocks, but then again the ball is in the EFLs court for sign off isn't it?

New owners themselves need to pass the relevant tests of which they are 3.

Owners’ and Directors’ Test, an objective test where prospective owners and directors have to evidence the fact they are not subject to any disqualifying events. The disqualifying events are clear and set out in the Regulations.

Future Financial Information (FFI) to demonstrate how the Club will operate over the period ahead, from which any additional cash requirements to support the running of the Club can be identified.

Source and Sufficiency of Funding which will underpin the purchase and future operations. Or in simple terms, how much money they have and where it has come from.

While it is the League’s policy not to comment on change of control matters, it reserves the right to explain processes and clarify matters in respect of misreporting or misrepresentation.

Similarly, the League is unable to provide a timescale for each prospective change of control.

Ultimately, each acquisition of control will be unique with differing circumstances each time. Some will be more straight-forward while others may take longer due to increased complexity – for example the number of investors, structure, origin of investment and a range of factors may impact the process timeline.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 24 Aug 2024 11:56

Mid Sussex Royal
windermereROYAL Dim Tim has said there`s an hitch holding up proceeding but doesn`t know what, in other words he`s guessing.

Dellor said on the radio he "thought there had been a hitch" but had no idea what it was, sounds like complete guesswork and he hasn't a clue.

Can't track what he says on Twitter anymore, he blocked me for posting the show needed freshening up....

Given the amount of shit talking you do about him on here I'm not surprised he would block you for shit talking him directly.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Aug 2024 12:13

windermereROYAL

Couhig was unspecific on that, he said he expected it to completed by Tuesday or Wednesday, he was waiting for the other side to okay it, whether that`s the EFL or Dai is anybody`s guess.

Not sure he'd refer to the EFL as 'the other side'. I took that to mean Dai and co, rather than the footballing authorities. I also thought the words he was reported as saying were 'down to the other side' rather than 'down to the other side to OK it'.

I'd also hope that by now the EFL would've got to the point where they'd be doing everything in their power to help get the ownership issue finally resolved and as quickly as possible.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 24 Aug 2024 14:24

Context of what Couhig said to Dellor last week highly implies "the other side" is you know who. However Tim failed to get him to clarify whether he did mean you know who or the FL. Rob Couhig is expected at the game and Tim will endeavour to get a word if he can.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Aug 2024 14:47

Sutekh Context of what Couhig said to Dellor last week highly implies "the other side" is you know who. However Tim failed to get him to clarify whether he did mean you know who or the FL. Rob Couhig is expected at the game and Tim will endeavour to get a word if he can.

If he`s there today that can only be an encouraging sign.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 24 Aug 2024 14:48

RoyalBlue
windermereROYAL

Not sure he'd refer to the EFL as 'the other side'. I took that to mean Dai and co, rather than the footballing authorities. I also thought the words he was reported as saying were 'down to the other side' rather than 'down to the other side to OK it'.

I'd also hope that by now the EFL would've got to the point where they'd be doing everything in their power to help get the ownership issue finally resolved and as quickly as possible.

They're not going to skimp on their checks to get rid of one bad owner. Now is exactly the time to be as thorough as possible to do everything possible to prevent out of the frying pan into the fire.

All this hoo-ha and gnashing and wailing. It'll be done whrn its done and nothing anyone here says will change that. None of the complaining. None of the speculation, none of the runourmongering and false information spreading.

CholseyRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by CholseyRoyal » 24 Aug 2024 19:29

In his post match chat, Ruben seemed convinced the new ownership is going ahead but it takes time to dot the Is and cross the Ts.

He also said the money from the Femi Azeez sale could be used to bring in a new player.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 24 Aug 2024 19:36

CholseyRoyal In his post match chat, Ruben seemed convinced the new ownership is going ahead but it takes time to dot the Is and cross the Ts.

He also said the money from the Femi Azeez sale could be used to bring in a new player.

Well he`s hardly going to say it`s gone tits up is he.

TommyF
Location: sitting on the dock of the bay, watching the royals sail away

by TommyF » 24 Aug 2024 19:40

Anyone else get the feeling Dai is just dragging this out until 23:01 on the 30th as one last F U?

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 24 Aug 2024 21:54

TommyF Anyone else get the feeling Dai is just dragging this out until 23:01 on the 30th as one last F U?

No, just more endless drivel from an impatient fan base.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal_jimmy » 25 Aug 2024 10:00

I think this is all Dai being a cnut and dragging it out. To be fair if you lost a big chunk of your wealth on us even if it's through sheer incompetence it won't be that easy to let us go.

If there's no sale by the end of the month then fan action for the Leyton Orient game is necessary.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 25 Aug 2024 10:02

TommyF Anyone else get the feeling Dai is just dragging this out until 23:01 on the 30th as one last F U?

If he is, my inner troll wants to doff my hat to him for some superb trolling.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 25 Aug 2024 10:05

RG30

No, just more endless drivel from an impatient fan base.

Impatient? it`s been more than a year, I understand these things take time but the fan base are quite frankly pissed off with this seemingly never ending saga. and rightly so.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 25 Aug 2024 10:23, edited 2 times in total.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 25 Aug 2024 10:20

If its true and the EFL are letting us replace Azeez, they are helping us hugely as by there own rules no signings are allowed if financials are not up to date....(Sheffield Utd and Burnley most recent examples from last year just before they were promoted)

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 25 Aug 2024 11:05

My totally uninformed guess is that the issue is some loose ends that need tying up and Dai and Pang are being difficult to get hold of rather than any actual plan to drag it out or anything particularly difficult to resolve

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 25 Aug 2024 11:46

I would suggest people be careful with what they write on here at the moment. We are being watched…

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 25 Aug 2024 12:32

Mid Sussex Royal If its true and the EFL are letting us replace Azeez, they are helping us hugely as by there own rules no signings are allowed if financials are not up to date....(Sheffield Utd and Burnley most recent examples from last year just before they were promoted)

It did sound like Ruben said that in the interview and that they had identified a player, just had to agree terms and were doing everything they could to get him in for next Saturday.

As if to emphasise the distinction he then added that if the sale of the club went through in time, he was also hopeful of adding one or two other players before the deadline.

So, if we heard and understood correctly, the EFL do deserve some praise for finally adopting a more pragmatic approach to our problems and seeking to help us.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2024 12:37

Hound My totally uninformed guess is that the issue is some loose ends that need tying up and Dai and Pang are being difficult to get hold of rather than any actual plan to drag it out or anything particularly difficult to resolve

Yeah, this.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 25 Aug 2024 12:37

Brogue I would suggest people be careful with what they write on here at the moment. We are being watched…

:|

5344 posts