CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5343 posts
karbota
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT BE CONFIMRED THIS WEEK OR NEXT

by karbota » 30 Aug 2024 09:54

Forbury Lion
karbota
WestYorksRoyal Oh for the days we were a model example of a well run club. Now it's just a shambles from top to bottom. Obviously we want Dai out, but what the fcuk are senior staff doing allowing an oversight like this to happen?

O dear yes 106, that would be in the days of a British owner, British staff, British Manager, and Majority of British players.
Believe it or not, there are crap British owners, staff, managers and players out there. We had the right owner, someone who knew how to run a business on a budget and listened to the right advisors on the footballing side, he happened to be a local based British/Polish businessman whose company did well, Had Autotrader flopped before he sold it for £240m or whatever, things might have gone differently or whoever it was who suggested he hire Mark McGhee advised him to hire someone else we might never have left the 3rd tier.

His father and Mother were both English = 100% British not 50/50.

Yes there must be some crap British owners, who? but I bet they are still doing a better job than the last 3 clowns we've been blessed with.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 30 Aug 2024 09:55

It is clear that the club is in a mess right now because the current owner can't be arsed, whilst the prospective new owners aren't the owners so can't do anything about the running of the club.

As always, ONCE the takeover has happened, things will begin to get better off the pitch and so, hopefully, we will be able to invest in strengthening our threadbare squad in January.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Aug 2024 10:04

Mr Angry It is clear that the club is in a mess right now because the current owner can't be arsed, whilst the prospective new owners aren't the owners so can't do anything about the running of the club.

As always, ONCE the takeover has happened, things will begin to get better off the pitch and so, hopefully, we will be able to invest in strengthening our threadbare squad in January.

I'd take 17th / 18th going into January and then strengthen and finish stronger.

The issue is the amount of risk. Get lucky with injuries and we could be going into January in the top half. Have 3 or 4 big injuries to the likes of Wing, Knibbs and Smith and it could be the relegation zone.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 30 Aug 2024 10:08

I suspect that our current squad is more ‘British’ than the 106 squad…..not that it has any relevance to anything.
With regard to dodgy British owners you can start with Ken Bates, look at the owners of Bury, the safe cracker who destroyed Darlington, the Southend owner, Robert Maxwell (possible exclusion on the basis of Hungarianism)….

Although slightly amusing to see Forbes thinks SJM was part Polish !

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2024 10:09

Just an fyi. This karbota chap the resident racist. Who hasn’t been managed by the moderation team. Pretty much the only mod we have is now actively engaging with him ^ forbury lion in case you didn’t know is a mod.

Well Graham the site founder and owner is now running a poll for a new mod.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=191590

Part of my manifesto is to sort this karbota out, once and for all. And I’m the only person who is saying they will. So vote for me on the above link and let’s get this racist off our board once and for all.

Seriously I’m not joking, I’ll sort this out sharpish. Make sure dd is kept in check and sort Nath St Paul’s aggressive posting out.

We haven’t had a new mod in probably 10 years now it’s your only chance to get the right person in who will actually do something. Or you can have another 10 years of the team board being ruined by a select few.

A vote for brogue is a vote for change.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 30 Aug 2024 10:20

Brogue Just an fyi. This karbota chap the resident racist. Who hasn’t been managed by the moderation team. Pretty much the only mod we have is now actively engaging with him ^ forbury lion in case you didn’t know is a mod.

Part of my manifesto is to sort this karbota out, once and for all. And I’m the only person who is saying they will. So vote for me on the above link and let’s get this racist off our board once and for all.

Can I just point out that Brogue is the continuity candidate- vote leon for strong leadership.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 30 Aug 2024 10:21

leon
Brogue Just an fyi. This karbota chap the resident racist. Who hasn’t been managed by the moderation team. Pretty much the only mod we have is now actively engaging with him ^ forbury lion in case you didn’t know is a mod.

Can I just point out that Brogue is the continuity candidate- vote leon for strong leadership.

Tbf Leon would also make a good mod guys, we just need someone to sort the select few out. You also need to vote for someone who is on all the time. A lot of the poll options are for people who only log in every few day's. But as I say Leon is strong enough to sort this lot out, and is online a lot. I just want the best for the board, as I’m sure we all do. so If you choose leon it won’t be a wasted vote, he was my vote... I’m not going to go down the smear campaign route though, as that’s not what this is about. Continuity is doing literally nothing like the last 10 years. I’ve already said what I would do. And it will be from day one. We know this format of social media (forums) is dying. But we can at least try and preserve it for as long as possible. And the managing of the likes of karbota nath and dd is going to make this place better for all.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2024 11:23

Elm Park Kid Utterly depressing that we've gone from the club being hopeful that Couhig could be announced at the season ticket party to now back into unknown territory. Especially given Couhig's activity over the last couple of weeks.

I guess that's the issue of trying to buy a club from a disengaged owner who has spent the last year letting an idiot CEO cause a load of short-term damage. I'd imagine that everything is such a mess that its been hard to work out what he's actually buying and what debt/liabilities come with it.

Couhig there tomorrow then all is still 8)

Couhig not there tomorrow then :?
Last edited by Sutekh on 30 Aug 2024 11:26, edited 2 times in total.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Aug 2024 11:25

Sutekh
Elm Park Kid Utterly depressing that we've gone from the club being hopeful that Couhig could be announced at the season ticket party to now back into unknown territory. Especially given Couhig's activity over the last couple of weeks.

I guess that's the issue of trying to buy a club from a disengaged owner who has spent the last year letting an idiot CEO cause a load of short-term damage. I'd imagine that everything is such a mess that its been hard to work out what he's actually buying and what debt/liabilities come with it.

He does live in Louisiana, he may have perfectly good reasons not to be there. Look out for Jacobson though.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 30 Aug 2024 11:30

Sutekh

I got called out for saying exactly this during the week.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Aug 2024 14:30

I do wonder if we're just being taken for mugs. Since the STAR meetings with Howe, exclusivity etc., the protests have subsided. I know people questioned their effectiveness, but they got Dai in the news, named in parliament etc., For my money they were effective.

Is the constant promise that it's close and spinning people along simply a ruse? Should SBWD declare war, and basically say no more communication with the club, no more believing statements. We're going to start getting Dai's name in the headlines again, and the only way for him to stop it is to sell the club.

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 30 Aug 2024 14:45

WestYorksRoyal I do wonder if we're just being taken for mugs. Since the STAR meetings with Howe, exclusivity etc., the protests have subsided. I know people questioned their effectiveness, but they got Dai in the news, named in parliament etc., For my money they were effective.

Is the constant promise that it's close and spinning people along simply a ruse? Should SBWD declare war, and basically say no more communication with the club, no more believing statements. We're going to start getting Dai's name in the headlines again, and the only way for him to stop it is to sell the club.

What a load of scaremongering.

The prospect of it being 'close' has mainly come from Couhig himself- attending the Wigan game, posting pics on social media etc. The club has never said as such within a statement, the only communication we've had recenly has been Selles talking to the press and I highly doubt he'd go along with a ruse or say anything he didn't know to be true.

I don't understand the panic. It's close but it's being held up by the odd snag, as happens in complicated multi-million pound transcations. I doubt Dai is being especially co-operative but I also doubt he's deliberately holding things up, he's just being useless as per and most probably difficult to contact. It's a shame it won't happen before the end of the transfer window (which seems to be the thing driving these panicked reactions) but not the end of the world. If it goes through in the next couple of weeks we can still sign some free agents as cover, and as others have said the first team is good enough for a solid season.

If the deal was off, then absolutly go back to protest. But I fail to see what this achieves right now. Protesting won't speed anything up.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 30 Aug 2024 14:55

WestYorksRoyal I do wonder if we're just being taken for mugs. Since the STAR meetings with Howe, exclusivity etc., the protests have subsided. I know people questioned their effectiveness, but they got Dai in the news, named in parliament etc., For my money they were effective.

Jeez, what would you be like if you weren't trying to be relaxed?!!?

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 30 Aug 2024 15:02

Silver Fox

Said I was trying, not succeeding.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 30 Aug 2024 15:11

Today is quiet on Twitter as a couple of the ITK's are at the cricket.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 30 Aug 2024 15:15

Crusader Royal I suspect that our current squad is more ‘British’ than the 106 squad…..not that it has any relevance to anything.
With regard to dodgy British owners you can start with Ken Bates, look at the owners of Bury, the safe cracker who destroyed Darlington, the Southend owner, Robert Maxwell (possible exclusion on the basis of Hungarianism)….

Although slightly amusing to see Forbes thinks SJM was part Polish !

Agreed and just for the record the Polish part simply comes from his step-dad who his mother married after the war.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2024 16:03

Forbury Lion
karbota
WestYorksRoyal Oh for the days we were a model example of a well run club. Now it's just a shambles from top to bottom. Obviously we want Dai out, but what the fcuk are senior staff doing allowing an oversight like this to happen?

O dear yes 106, that would be in the days of a British owner, British staff, British Manager, and Majority of British players.
Believe it or not, there are crap British owners, staff, managers and players out there. We had the right owner, someone who knew how to run a business on a budget and listened to the right advisors on the footballing side, he happened to be a local based British/Polish businessman whose company did well, Had Autotrader flopped before he sold it for £240m or whatever, things might have gone differently or whoever it was who suggested he hire Mark McGhee advised him to hire someone else we might never have left the 3rd tier.

Any chance you could stop engaging with the racist troll and just delete all its posts?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 30 Aug 2024 16:05

Seriously I’m not joking, I’ll sort this out sharpish. Make sure dd is kept in check and sort Nath St Paul’s aggressive posting out.

We haven’t had a new mod in probably 10 years now it’s your only chance to get the right person in who will actually do something. Or you can have another 10 years of the team board being ruined by a select few.

I would nuke the bastard from orbit

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 30 Aug 2024 16:08

WestYorksRoyal
Silver Fox

Said I was trying, not succeeding.

Why not just give social media a miss for a few weeks. People constantly inventing new things to be ‘worried’ about seems pointless.
It’s a lovely sunny day, there is a really good test match in progress and whether this thing happens or not is way out of our control. Even if things go wrong everyone will just move on.

Harrison Delbridge

by Harrison Delbridge » 30 Aug 2024 16:25

Brogue
leon

Tbf Leon would also make a good mod guys, we just need someone to sort the select few out. You also need to vote for someone who is on all the time. A lot of the poll options are for people who only log in every few day's. But as I say Leon is strong enough to sort this lot out, and is online a lot. I just want the best for the board, as I’m sure we all do. so If you choose leon it won’t be a wasted vote, he was my vote... I’m not going to go down the smear campaign route though, as that’s not what this is about. Continuity is doing literally nothing like the last 10 years. I’ve already said what I would do. And it will be from day one. We know this format of social media (forums) is dying. But we can at least try and preserve it for as long as possible. And the managing of the likes of karbota nath and dd is going to make this place better for all.

Why do I need managing? I'm good now

5343 posts