Hob Nob Legend

Re: Weekend Football

by leon » 01 Sep 2024 22:41

BRO_BOT
leon
BRO_BOT
Just checked the Wrexham score :?

Just checked the Man U score.

Still, Man Us ownership issues have led them to be under a perennial transfer embargo and have faced continual points deductions.

I mean, why else would such a rich fcuking club be so constantly shit :?:

Chillax m8, it's 22 fcuking idiots kicking a ball around a field!

Don’t worry Brobby I’m pissing myself laughing over here

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 Sep 2024 22:43

Very much at you - in case it wasn’t obvious. You glory hunting Northern Ireland* loser.

*a suburb of Manchester

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Sep 2024 06:50

These things have been discussed ad nauseum but I just don’t get it.

Man Utd - amongst many other things but continuing to put their faith in ETH, Rashford, Casemiro. Why did the new broom not do what needed to be done?

Arsenal - not signing a centre forward.

Chelsea - everything about their plan. It’s just weird exacerbated by signing Sancho and now extending Jackson’s contract from 7 to 9 years. What is their rationale for everything they are doing? There must be one and I keep thinking I’ll see it if I look hard enough but, no.

None of it makes much sense to me.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Sep 2024 08:34

Royal Rother These things have been discussed ad nauseum but I just don’t get it.

Man Utd - amongst many other things but continuing to put their faith in ETH, Rashford, Casemiro. Why did the new broom not do what needed to be done?

Arsenal - not signing a centre forward.

Chelsea - everything about their plan. It’s just weird exacerbated by signing Sancho and now extending Jackson’s contract from 7 to 9 years. What is their rationale for everything they are doing? There must be one and I keep thinking I’ll see it if I look hard enough but, no.

None of it makes much sense to me.

One of my favourite Chelsea things at the moment is them paying Raheem Sterling £225k per week for an entire season spent trying to win the PL with Arsenal.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Sep 2024 08:38

Liverpool good - they look very excellent under Slot. That was a dominant performance at Old Trafford, in particular by the midfield. Slot has emphasised the importance of 'duels' and it was telling how many times United came off second best in the tackle.

Obviously a nice international break now to kill momentum, but Liverpool have a favourable early-season fixture list, and will need to keep winning to put the pressure on City, who already look ominous.

Liverpool bad - already covered it, but to be months from the useful end of the contracts of TAA, Salah and Van Dijk is appalling. Salah clear in his post-game interview yesterday that as it stands it is his 'last season at the club', and that talks haven't been opened. They were offered £150m for Salah last summer, Trent is worth £100m - if both left for free it would be an incredible dereliction of duty by the club's administrators.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Sep 2024 09:36

And Everton. That was a total disaster. And brilliant to watch on the highlights.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Sep 2024 10:27

Sanguine Liverpool good - they look very excellent under Slot. That was a dominant performance at Old Trafford, in particular by the midfield. Slot has emphasised the importance of 'duels' and it was telling how many times United came off second best in the tackle.

Obviously a nice international break now to kill momentum, but Liverpool have a favourable early-season fixture list, and will need to keep winning to put the pressure on City, who already look ominous.

Liverpool bad - already covered it, but to be months from the useful end of the contracts of TAA, Salah and Van Dijk is appalling. Salah clear in his post-game interview yesterday that as it stands it is his 'last season at the club', and that talks haven't been opened. They were offered £150m for Salah last summer, Trent is worth £100m - if both left for free it would be an incredible dereliction of duty by the club's administrators.

There has to be a logic to how they are addressing or not addressing the contract issues-the guys running the show are not stupid even if fans don't get it.
Liverpool tend to do things quietly and I would think that negotiations are going on behind the scenes.

On the pitch a commanding performance against a side that some pundits actually thought would be pushing for a top 4 place .

For all the faults mentioned by Orion they are not a bad side are they?

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 02 Sep 2024 15:10

Sanguine Liverpool good - they look very excellent under Slot. That was a dominant performance at Old Trafford, in particular by the midfield. Slot has emphasised the importance of 'duels' and it was telling how many times United came off second best in the tackle.

looked up the numbers and it's not the case, was a surprisingly even game in that regard and I wouldn't be shocked to find the xG was close

(LFC on the right)

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2024/09/man-u ... eague-live

On another tab, it shows attacking third recoveries as being 7-3 in LFC's favour if that is what you're referring to.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 02 Sep 2024 15:18

BRO_BOT

looked up the numbers and it's not the case, was a surprisingly even game in that regard and I wouldn't be shocked to find the xG was close

(LFC on the right)

On another tab, it shows attacking third recoveries as being 7-3 in LFC's favour if that is what you're referring to.

The significant duels were those involving Casemiro and Mainoo where both players dwelt on the ball and Liverpool capitalised to great effect.
These fall in the category of "steeliness" that I referred to when posting to Orion previously-call it "resolve" or "will to win" or whatever else that you want to call it and top clubs like Liverpool , City and Real Madrid have it as well as the great footballing skills that combined sets them apart from others.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 02 Sep 2024 15:23

Thing is with Salah - looks a bit daft now (just 3 games in though) but he really did look like he was on the decline last season, so I can understand the club may have had worries over offering him a new contract.

Difficult position really as they must have really been keen on the £150m they were (apparently) offered last September, but it would not have gone down well if they'd grabbed that whilst still in pursuit of honours at the time. And of course his decline didn't really become apparent until later in the season. He may well have the same curve this time but with only a year left they won't get £150m now.

Decisions decisions eh? Offer him another year now, then hope for another mega-offer from Saudi League?

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Sep 2024 15:42

BRO_BOT

(LFC on the right)

That, and the stat two lines above the one you quoted, which is where United lost the ball 44 times in the defensive half, to Liverpool's 28. Clear superiority in that regard. So broadly speaking, Liverpool won those duels in more effective areas, one might suggest.

Sanguine
Hob Nob Legend

by Sanguine » 02 Sep 2024 15:44

Royal Rother Thing is with Salah - looks a bit daft now (just 3 games in though) but he really did look like he was on the decline last season, so I can understand the club may have had worries over offering him a new contract.

Difficult position really as they must have really been keen on the £150m they were (apparently) offered last September, but it would not have gone down well if they'd grabbed that whilst still in pursuit of honours at the time. And of course his decline didn't really become apparent until later in the season. He may well have the same curve this time but with only a year left they won't get £150m now.

Decisions decisions eh? Offer him another year now, then hope for another mega-offer from Saudi League?

As a Liverpool supporter put it on X, sooner offer him good deal (i.e. the two-year deal he probably wants) and Salah decline and be sold, than watch him walk away for free next summer. Saudi League won't come back with £100m again if he only has another year on his deal.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 02 Sep 2024 16:46

BRO_BOT I wouldn't be shocked to find the xG was close

What about the aG? Or the game?

BRO_BOT
Hob Nob Regular

by BRO_BOT » 02 Sep 2024 17:23

Silver Fox
BRO_BOT I wouldn't be shocked to find the xG was close

What about the aG? Or the game?

We got fcuking battered, it was over at 2-0!

I was only replying to a claim Sangers made.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2024 22:39

AthleticoSpizz …..and how much longer will we see kids in third world countries wearing the MUFC shirts?

A lot of charitable donations in Surrey likely

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 09 Sep 2024 17:42

Anyone seen the footage of the Edinburgh City ultras on the march to Spartans to support Livingston at the weekend?

Enough to strike fear into the hearts of childminders everywhere.

Four Of Clubs
Hob Nob Regular

by Four Of Clubs » 12 Sep 2024 20:43

Not w/e as it's on now .... but anyone else noticed Sky being v. careful with the abbreviations on the Score Panel for Harrogate vs Doncaster .......

HAR 1-0 DR

really? :lol: :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2024 09:37

Four Of Clubs Not w/e as it's on now .... but anyone else noticed Sky being v. careful with the abbreviations on the Score Panel for Harrogate vs Doncaster .......

HAR 1-0 DR

really? :lol: :lol:

Ridiculous, should have been HT 1-0 DR, then no-one would really have noticed. :roll:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Sep 2024 13:52

Not the best refereeing performance in Millwall v Luton, letting far too much go. Meanwhile Southampton proving their candidature for a rather quick return to the FL. Can't even beat ManUre.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 Sep 2024 08:56

Jadon Sancho was absolutely superb for Chelsea yesterday. :shock:

6189 posts