5395 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT BE CONFIMRED THIS WEEK OR NEXT

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Sep 2024 17:45

Orion1871
West Stand Man
Royal_jimmy
To be fair Suella Braverman talks a lot of common sense on migration.

But yeah I don't buy that Couhig would update some boozed up fans at the hotel bar.

Cruella talks utter shite on migration.....

Jimmy talks utter shite too. That's why he loves her.

Ok lefties. Clap clap clap

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 02 Sep 2024 19:04

Royal_jimmy
Orion1871
West Stand Man Cruella talks utter shite on migration.....

Ok Jimmy, I'll bite. Flesh out why you like Braverman but please remember that, as Home Secretary, she systematically reduced the number of applications processed by 96% whilst simultaneously pissing away millions on hotels and floating lysteria cultures to house said backlog and non existent flights to Rwanda.

If she was any good she would have done something about it when she actually had the job with responsibility for doing something about it.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 02 Sep 2024 19:11

From Despair To Where?
Royal_jimmy
Orion1871

Ok Jimmy, I'll bite. Flesh out why you like Braverman but please remember that, as Home Secretary, she systematically reduced the number of applications processed by 96% whilst simultaneously pissing away millions on hotels and floating lysteria cultures to house said backlog and non existent flights to Rwanda.

If she was any good she would have done something about it when she actually had the job with responsibility for doing something about it.

I'll also bite and add that Yvette Cooper has already dramatically increased deportations of illegals by dialing down rhetoric and dialing up competence.

What would deter you more? A politician talking shit while you get to stay in a hotel, or one with a proven track record of deportations?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 02 Sep 2024 22:30

WestYorksRoyal
From Despair To Where?
Royal_jimmy

I'll also bite and add that Yvette Cooper has already dramatically increased deportations of illegals by dialing down rhetoric and dialing up competence.

What would deter you more? A politician talking shit while you get to stay in a hotel, or one with a proven track record of deportations?

Well jimmy has always been a bit thick and reactionary, so it's definitely the one with the dog whistle doing nothing about it.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 03 Sep 2024 08:07

So the Bowen situation is another liability with an uncertain outcome.

Could that be a fly in the ointment or is it just a contingency in the SPA?

If litigation was to drag on, how do you mitigate the impact on the institution?

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 Sep 2024 08:32

Linden Jones' Tash So the Bowen situation is another liability with an uncertain outcome.

If litigation was to drag on, how do you mitigate the impact on the institution?

One would imagine it will be settled out of court. If the reports are correct that Bowen is suing us, it must be because we didn’t follow the proper HR process. Rather than wrongful dismissal. I mean what he did was gross misconduct. I’d imagine any payout to Bowen (if he has a case) will be small fry compared to a a football clubs budget. Even if we are flat broke until we get taken over. Also worth questioning who actually sacked him. Do pang and dai care enough to have sacked him? I doubt it. It’s probably Couhig decision behind the scenes. And he’s a lawyer. All in all I don’t think this is going to be a showstopper.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2024 08:52

Brogue
Linden Jones' Tash So the Bowen situation is another liability with an uncertain outcome.

One would imagine it will be settled out of court. If the reports are correct that Bowen is suing us, it must be because we didn’t follow the proper HR process. Rather than wrongful dismissal. I mean what he did was gross misconduct. I’d imagine any payout to Bowen (if he has a case) will be small fry compared to a a football clubs budget. Even if we are flat broke until we get taken over. Also worth questioning who actually sacked him. Do pang and dai care enough to have sacked him? I doubt it. It’s probably Couhig decision behind the scenes. And he’s a lawyer. All in all I don’t think this is going to be a showstopper.

I imagine it'll come down to what's in his contract, and if the club knew about his gambling issue and did anything to support him. But just because he's sueing doesn’t mean he has any real grounds.

Either way I agree it won’t see Court.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2024 08:54

Brogue

I would imagine he is suing because of the lack of clarity of who runs the club - if Dai has done it then he'll say he has no authority to do so as the sale is at X stage and if Couhig has done it, he'll be claiming he has no authority as the sale isn't complete.

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 03 Sep 2024 09:25

Stranded
Brogue

I would imagine he is suing because of the lack of clarity of who runs the club - if Dai has done it then he'll say he has no authority to do so as the sale is at X stage and if Couhig has done it, he'll be claiming he has no authority as the sale isn't complete.

In other words it's a bit of a gamble with long odds. :D

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Sep 2024 09:41

Should the takeover collapse (I don’t think it will) does anyone know for sure if Chiron can force the club in administration due to the charges held against Bearwood?

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2024 10:01

blythspartan Should the takeover collapse (I don’t think it will) does anyone know for sure if Chiron can force the club in administration due to the charges held against Bearwood?

If repayment terms are not kept up then yes I believe so.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 03 Sep 2024 10:21

Stranded
Brogue

What a load of tosh. If he’s done something which is classed as gross misconduct it matters not who is charge of the company.

If a checkout operator for Wilko had theirr hand in the till can they not be sacked because they were in the process of being saved by the range at the time.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Sep 2024 11:59

Stranded
blythspartan Should the takeover collapse (I don’t think it will) does anyone know for sure if Chiron can force the club in administration due to the charges held against Bearwood?

If repayment terms are not kept up then yes I believe so.

Thank you.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Sep 2024 12:00

Brogue
Stranded
Brogue

What a load of tosh. If he’s done something which is classed as gross misconduct it matters not who is charge of the company.

If a checkout operator for Wilko had theirr hand in the till can they not be sacked because they were in the process of being saved by the range at the time.

All depends on what is set out in the HR process. I agree its tosh but he'll be suing as something wasn't done quite right, or he (or his lawyers) believe that.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Sep 2024 12:32

Stranded
Brogue
Stranded

All depends on what is set out in the HR process. I agree its tosh but he'll be suing as something wasn't done quite right, or he (or his lawyers) believe that.

Well the club has been an absolute shambles, so there's a good chance they've messed something up, or will during the litigation.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 03 Sep 2024 14:10

Stranded
Brogue
Stranded

More likely trying to save his (future) career, rather than win compensation.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 03 Sep 2024 14:13

El Diablo
Stranded
Brogue

This thread is about the takeover, there`s a separate one for the Bowen sacking, I check every new post to see updates not this rubbish.

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 03 Sep 2024 14:23

windermereROYAL
El Diablo
Stranded

This thread is about the takeover, there`s a separate one for the Bowen sacking, I check every new post to see updates not this rubbish.

in my defence, my original post was about whether the liability of legal action from Bowen might be impacting the progress of the deal...

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 03 Sep 2024 14:39

When does Nigel Howe's suspension kick in? And what will happen if the takeover is not completed by then? Bringing someone new into the negotiations will hardly help to hasten the final signatures and completion.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 03 Sep 2024 14:41

The Royal Forester When does Nigel Howe's suspension kick in? And what will happen if the takeover is not completed by then? Bringing someone new into the negotiations will hardly help to hasten the final signatures and completion.

I understood Howe's involvement in the takeover to simply be a contact between the club and any potential buyers. Seeing as we have people lined up, I'm not sure if Howe is actually doing anything right now in that regard.

5395 posts