CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5389 posts
Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER CONFRIMATION EXPECTED

by Royal Ginger » 10 Sep 2024 00:16

windermereROYAL It`s childish, I like to think we`re all grown up adults on here.

Are you new here etc etc?

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 10 Sep 2024 08:05

Royal Ginger
Snowflake Royal
RoyallyFcuked
Yeah I can remember it from way back. Surprised that it's still going really cause its a sh!t joke, wasn't it meant to be the Thai spelling or something? Or Chinese. Might be wrong on it's origins but either way we should see the last of the Thais and Dai very soon so hopefully this dead joke will go with them.

Pretty sure its as simple as someone on here just mistyped it. Everyone took the piss.

This is how I remember it.

Same here.

I recall "stundent" was a deliberate typo, but "confrimation" was accidental.

When was the last time anyone new on the board was greeted with "F**k off newbie!"

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 10 Sep 2024 08:11

Mr Angry
Royal Ginger
Snowflake Royal Pretty sure its as simple as someone on here just mistyped it. Everyone took the piss.

Same here.

When was the last time anyone new on the board was greeted with "F**k off newbie!"

That's a good point, we need to get some people hiding in bushes with video cameras ASAP.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Sep 2024 08:16

John Madejski's Wallet Always thought it was a riff on something frimmers once said

It has a whiff of 'this is frimmerwang', but I don’t think he was involved.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Sep 2024 08:17

Mr Angry
Royal Ginger
Snowflake Royal Pretty sure its as simple as someone on here just mistyped it. Everyone took the piss.

Same here.

When was the last time a newbie username was anyone other than one of the regular trolls?

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 10 Sep 2024 08:39

Mr Angry
Royal Ginger

Same here.

Personally, I'd say that confrimation and confrimed are legendary on this board. In fact, it's got to the stage where if either of those are spelt correctly, I feel as though something's missing. Strange but true :P

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 10 Sep 2024 08:52

Do we know what happened to that guy on Twitter who promised to run 5k every day until the takeover was completed? He must be ready for an ultra marathon by now.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 10 Sep 2024 08:57

Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry
Royal Ginger This is how I remember it.

Same here.

When was the last time a newbie username was anyone other than one of the regular trolls?

As I recall it was "Confimred" not "Confrimed" so these Johnny come lately confrimmers can do one.

Kingsley Junior

by Kingsley Junior » 10 Sep 2024 09:18

PieEater
Snowflake Royal
Mr Angry
Same here.

As I recall it was "Confimred" not "Confrimed" so these Johnny come lately confrimmers can do one.

It was 100% 'confimred' to begin with - you're absolutely right. It still makes me somewhat sad every time I see 'confrimmed' instead. If the takeover doesn't get 'confimred' using the word 'confimred' then it won't have actually happened in my mind.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Sep 2024 09:37

Kingsley Junior
PieEater
Snowflake Royal When was the last time a newbie username was anyone other than one of the regular trolls?

It was 100% 'confimred' to begin with - you're absolutely right. It still makes me somewhat sad every time I see 'confrimmed' instead. If the takeover doesn't get 'confimred' using the word 'confimred' then it won't have actually happened in my mind.

Ahh, that'll be the frimmers angle.

Confirmed mis typed and confimred. Shifts to become confrimed because it's wrong and so is frimmers.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 10 Sep 2024 10:33

WestYorksRoyal Do we know what happened to that guy on Twitter who promised to run 5k every day until the takeover was completed? He must be ready for an ultra marathon by now.

He's nearing Vladivostock by now I should imagine.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Sep 2024 11:09

Mr Angry
Royal Ginger

Same here.

I thought stundent was a typo which then became an intentional typo.

Personally, I'm looking forward to when we next play Coventry for the return of the Groundhog Day references.

MartinRdg

by MartinRdg » 10 Sep 2024 12:22

Snowflake Royal
Kingsley Junior
PieEater

Ahh, that'll be the frimmers angle.

Confirmed mis typed and confimred. Shifts to become confrimed because it's wrong and so is frimmers.

Just get confirmed added to the dictionary of excluded words on the forum with a replacement of confimred - voila

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 10 Sep 2024 12:27

And escapegoat was also due to someone thinking that scapegoat is actually spelled like that. That was in the days when there were also far more spelling pedants on this forum ...

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 10 Sep 2024 12:34

Royalwaster And escapegoat was also due to someone thinking that scapegoat is actually spelled like that. That was in the days when there were also far more spelling pedants on this forum ...

I believe escapegoat is actually the original, which became scapegoat. And now people get it wrong back as the original.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 10 Sep 2024 12:46

Baines was a big fan of -8, as in proflig8 etc. that certainly caught on, with m8 mut8ing to m7, inter alia.

Prolly also prospers.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 10 Sep 2024 13:00

Kingsley Junior
PieEater
Snowflake Royal When was the last time a newbie username was anyone other than one of the regular trolls?

Yep, correctamundo PieEater :wink:

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 10 Sep 2024 13:07

Forbury Lion
Mr Angry
Royal Ginger This is how I remember it.

Same here.

I thought stundent was a typo which then became an intentional typo.

Personally, I'm looking forward to when we next play Coventry for the return of the Groundhog Day references.

Idiots!!

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 10 Sep 2024 13:10

Back to the main topic to what this thread was set up for, Caroline Parker has set up a clock which will be updated for every day this saga goes on for.
It now stands at 319 days since Dai put the club up for sale.
Last edited by windermereROYAL on 10 Sep 2024 13:27, edited 2 times in total.

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 10 Sep 2024 13:21

windermereROYAL Back to the main topic to what this thread was set up for, Carolyn Parker has set up a clock which will be updated for every day this saga goes on for.
It now stands at 318 days since Dai put the club up for sale.

Surely (and pedantically) a clock would struggle to show 318 days.

I would have thought you’d need a calendar ?

Or just some sort of counter ?

5389 posts