CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5384 posts
Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

Re: UnConfimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

by Elm Park Kid » 11 Sep 2024 17:51

I can confrim that i'm officially clueless at the moment. No one seems to know what's going on.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

Re: TAKEOVER CONFRIMATION EXPECTED

by SCIAG » 11 Sep 2024 18:10

Snowflake Royal
Royalwaster And escapegoat was also due to someone thinking that scapegoat is actually spelled like that. That was in the days when there were also far more spelling pedants on this forum ...

I believe escapegoat is actually the original, which became scapegoat. And now people get it wrong back as the original.

Escapegoat is actually the French word for snail. As in "Harlee Dean is as slow as an escapegoat".

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Sep 2024 18:25

Escape Goat was Hoffenheim's nickname for Danny Williams.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 11 Sep 2024 20:10

Pepe the Horseman Escape Goat was Hoffenheim's nickname for Danny Williams.

Lol I thought it was struggle pig

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER CONFRIMATION EXPECTED

by bcubed » 11 Sep 2024 20:43

bcubed
Forbury Lion
Brogue The thread was indeed started as confimred by me. However Forbes has been changing the thread title periodically throughout this sorry saga. It’s not been me changing the title.

And for the record I believe the first outing of confimred was a spelling mistake, and I believe it was this thread by urzzzz 11 year ago

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=122931
I thought it predated that, may be wrong, Anyway might as well recycle that thread title

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70583&p=1595771&hilit=confimred#p1595771

So is this right? It was 2008?
Or was the thread title changed at a later date?

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 11 Sep 2024 21:09

Brogue
Pepe the Horseman Escape Goat was Hoffenheim's nickname for Danny Williams.

Lol I thought it was struggle pig

Fluchtziege

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Sep 2024 07:14

Elm Park Kid I can confrim that i'm officially clueless at the moment. No one seems to know what's going on.

That's either good news, or bad news. Or not news at all.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Sep 2024 07:53

As it is now a Thursday tradition I'd like to say that my sources, my mates nieces dads iguana works at the megastore, say the takeover is extremely close and everyone needs to keep an eye on social media for an announcement. #itk

traff

by traff » 12 Sep 2024 09:10

Orion1871 As it is now a Thursday tradition I'd like to say that my sources, my mates nieces dads iguana works at the megastore, say the takeover is extremely close and everyone needs to keep an eye on social media for an announcement. #itk

Finally.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Sep 2024 11:02

Orion1871 As it is now a Thursday tradition I'd like to say that my sources, my mates nieces dads iguana works at the megastore, say the takeover is extremely close and everyone needs to keep an eye on social media for an announcement. #itk

Hang on - your mate's niece's Dad doesn't even have an iguana! What do you take us all for?

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 12 Sep 2024 15:11

I think the Iguana is probably as much clued up as the rest of us

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Sep 2024 15:41

Elm Park Kid I can confrim that i'm officially clueless at the moment. No one seems to know what's going on.

Speak for yourself.

Some of us are fully itk.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 12 Sep 2024 15:42

Earnshaw reporting that Selles is equally clueless about the takeover at the moment.

"I want it to happen, and everything inside indicates to me that it is going to happen. How long it takes- I don’t know. I expected it to be done two months ago.

"I think everyone is doing their best, but it is complicated. In terms of trust and belief, I want that to happen, and everyone has good faith in the business transaction to happen, but I cannot confirm when it is going to be done. I am in the same frame of mind as any other person following Reading Football Club- waiting for it to be done so we can move into the next chapter.

"I talk with people inside and everything is going and then this bit is missing but we will get it done, and then something else happens. I think it will happen, but I’m nobody to say it will happen 100 per cent."

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 12 Sep 2024 16:14

All these delays, teasing the fans, being seen around the town, posting tweets etc....... Now swap Rob Couhig for William Storey and there's no way we'd be as optimistic about the deal finally going through.

Ignoring the PR number he's doing on us (and doing well, to be fair), he does have a positive history in football and no shady past, but even so if he has a consortium behind him (Storey allegedly had one too), how long is it going to be before they look to invest elsewhere?

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 12 Sep 2024 16:40

Forbury Lion All these delays, teasing the fans, being seen around the town, posting tweets etc....... Now swap Rob Couhig for William Storey and there's no way we'd be as optimistic about the deal finally going through.

Ignoring the PR number he's doing on us (and doing well, to be fair), he does have a positive history in football and no shady past, but even so if he has a consortium behind him (Storey allegedly had one too), how long is it going to be before they look to invest elsewhere?

For what it's worth, I've been told that everything is with Dai now and that Couhig has completely signed off on the deal they came to.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 12 Sep 2024 17:05

Elm Park Kid
Forbury Lion All these delays, teasing the fans, being seen around the town, posting tweets etc....... Now swap Rob Couhig for William Storey and there's no way we'd be as optimistic about the deal finally going through.

For what it's worth, I've been told that everything is with Dai now and that Couhig has completely signed off on the deal they came to.

Oh god, guess we can all guess what the next news might be.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 12 Sep 2024 17:07

Elm Park Kid

R.I.P. the takeover

andrew1957
Hob Nob Regular

by andrew1957 » 12 Sep 2024 17:28

Orion1871
Elm Park Kid

R.I.P. the takeover

I have had this bad feeling for some time that we made Dai lose face with the Port Vale protest etc and that at the last minute he might pull the plug and just let the club Dai rather than sell. No normal human being would put £20 plus million down the drain but over the last 7 years or so we have seen this guy is by no means normal.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 12 Sep 2024 17:37

andrew1957
Orion1871
Elm Park Kid

R.I.P. the takeover

I have had this bad feeling for some time that we made Dai lose face with the Port Vale protest etc and that at the last minute he might pull the plug and just let the club Dai rather than sell. No normal human being would put £20 plus million down the drain but over the last 7 years or so we have seen this guy is by no means normal.

He can't kill the club - it would just go into administration and other groups now have control over who it would be sold on to. All he can do is force us to have a points deduction and get a lot less money.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Sep 2024 17:51

Elm Park Kid
andrew1957
Orion1871
R.I.P. the takeover

He can't kill the club - it would just go into administration and other groups now have control over who it would be sold on to. All he can do is force us to have a points deduction and get a lot less money.

Plus this stuff about him losing face strikes me as nonsense. I don't know for sure, but his behaviour suggests he genuinely doesn't give a shit and has more pressing issues. I don't think it's a rage fit.

5384 posts