CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5377 posts
Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Re: UnConfimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

by Gunny Fishcake » 12 Sep 2024 18:53

I've waited for over a week to post this and people can believe it or not

Last Tuesday I bumped into a very senior source at the club, I introduced myself as a season ticket holder of over thirty five years and asked if it would be ok to ask a simple question.

The source said of course and was very polite and pleasant, my question simply was " Is the deal going to happen soon "

The answer was " not a chance , Dai doesn't want to sell to Couhig, doesn't like him, and even if he did.......he doesn't have the money to afford it , nothing else on the table "

I've waited just over a week because I was quite shocked with the reply, and with all the Couhig hype and PR going on.

I could't really believe it but with over a week since the conversation , nothing as happened

I'm only reported what I was told in good faith and I'm not revealing the source

It's all very sad .
Last edited by Gunny Fishcake on 12 Sep 2024 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 12 Sep 2024 19:24

Gunny Fishcake I've waited for over a week to post this and people can believe it or not

Last Tuesday I bumped into a very senior source at the club, I introduced myself as a season ticket holder of over thirty five years and asked if it would be ok to ask a simple question.

The source said of course and was very polite and pleasant, my question simply was " Is the deal going to happen soon "

The answer was " not a chance , Dai doesn't want to sell to Couhig, doesn't like him, and even if he did.......he doesn't have the money to afford it , nothing else on the table "

I've waited just over a week because I was quite shocked with the reply, and with all the Couhig hype and PR going on.

I could't really believe it but with over a week since the conversation , nothing as happened

I'm only reported what I was told and I'm not revealing the source

It's all very sad .

Cool story bro. Dai can look forward to administration and losing the club to Couhig/Chiron for £1 then.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Sep 2024 21:14

Gunny Fishcake I've waited for over a week to post this and people can believe it or not

I'm only reported what I was told in good faith and I'm not revealing the source

It's all very sad .

Did you ask any follow up questions? What is Dai looking for that isn't present in this deal, is it just personal?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 12 Sep 2024 21:26

Why do these bullshit rumours always surface on a Thursday?

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 12 Sep 2024 21:48

Yeah because senior sources at the club roam the streets and gladly jibber jabber all their beans to the first tom dick or harry who asks.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 12 Sep 2024 22:18

Gunny Fishcake

I'm surprised that there's anybody with any authority left at the club. All seem to be getting bans for bad behaviour of some kind or another. Shows how corrupt football is beneath the surface. Fans are merely customers who have their pockets emptied by those who we are supposed to trust.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 12 Sep 2024 22:46

It's all very sad .

Dai will not have met Couhig. Hard to believe he could dream up some extreme dislike that would mean him losing his only chance of getting some money back.

Couhig knows the price and is confident he can meet it, unless he's lying through his teeth, which is just not a credible scenario.

Dai has behaved mostly rationally.

Xi Jinping decided football would be good for Chinese soft power. Billionaires tend to do what he wants otherwise they find themselves arbitrarily getting arrested or falling down staircases in police stations. So Dai buys a club, ploughs £200 million into it, but gets all his big gambles wrong. Xi goes off football, stops the flow of money out. Dai stops funding the club and leaves his underlings to get as much of the £200 million back by selling as high as they can.

Plus Dai has other problems rather more pressing for him than some football club he's mostly forgotten he owns. His future doesn't look very bright anyway you look at it.

He can either get some money by selling the club to the consortium fronted by Couhig or get none at all. The only worry is that any money he can get wouldn't go to him but would be whisked away into the coffers of the CPPRC, in which case, selling the club may not benefit him at all.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 12 Sep 2024 23:34

WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid
andrew1957
I have had this bad feeling for some time that we made Dai lose face with the Port Vale protest etc and that at the last minute he might pull the plug and just let the club Dai rather than sell. No normal human being would put £20 plus million down the drain but over the last 7 years or so we have seen this guy is by no means normal.

He can't kill the club - it would just go into administration and other groups now have control over who it would be sold on to. All he can do is force us to have a points deduction and get a lot less money.

Plus this stuff about him losing face strikes me as nonsense. I don't know for sure, but his behaviour suggests he genuinely doesn't give a shit and has more pressing issues. I don't think it's a rage fit.

It strikes as a drowning man exercising control on the one thing he can, the takeover. Trying to force things in his terms, or at least his schedule. Sooner or later the final signature happens though

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 13 Sep 2024 08:10

Snowflake Royal
WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid
He can't kill the club - it would just go into administration and other groups now have control over who it would be sold on to. All he can do is force us to have a points deduction and get a lot less money.

Plus this stuff about him losing face strikes me as nonsense. I don't know for sure, but his behaviour suggests he genuinely doesn't give a shit and has more pressing issues. I don't think it's a rage fit.

It strikes as a drowning man exercising control on the one thing he can, the takeover. Trying to force things in his terms, or at least his schedule. Sooner or later the final signature happens though

I agree it will happen eventually. The charges over his shares and Bearwood mean he's ceded over all control in the negotiations.

I'm encouraged that Couhig is being a stubborn bastard when many would have walked or waited for administration by now. It's a reminder of our potential with our academy, coaching team and 1st team spine. It looks like he hasn't lost sight of that and is willing to put up with Dai's shenanigans to get it done.

traff

by traff » 13 Sep 2024 09:08

Can we get the iguana's take on all of this?

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 13 Sep 2024 09:20

traff Can we get the iguana's take on all of this?

Turns out I was lied to.... it's actually a Gecko.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 13 Sep 2024 09:56

Orion1871
traff Can we get the iguana's take on all of this?

Turns out I was lied to.... it's actually a Gecko.

Sounds like it's changing its colours on an almost daily basis.

Are you quite sure it's not a chameleon?

mikey_1871

by mikey_1871 » 13 Sep 2024 09:59

Couhig has also signed off by the EFL, we know that, so he/his consortium must have been able to demonstrate they could afford the takeover.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 13 Sep 2024 10:04

Reptile!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Sep 2024 10:12

WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid
andrew1957
I have had this bad feeling for some time that we made Dai lose face with the Port Vale protest etc and that at the last minute he might pull the plug and just let the club Dai rather than sell. No normal human being would put £20 plus million down the drain but over the last 7 years or so we have seen this guy is by no means normal.

+1 He's killed his own reputation in the UK (and possibly elsewhere) by not paying HMRC on time.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 13 Sep 2024 10:23

Armadillo Roadkill whisked away into the coffers of the CPPRC, in which case, selling the club may not benefit him at all.

Bringing Taiwan into this is a major escalation!

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 13 Sep 2024 13:48

255 pages and over 2.5m views :shock:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 13 Sep 2024 16:32

Forbury Lion 255 pages and over 2.5m views :shock:

And still no good news on a certain gentlemen having been "removed" from the club.

300 pages by this time next week?

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 13 Sep 2024 17:10

WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid
andrew1957

I’m going for this as well. More can’t be arsed and is facing other problems which are higher priority

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 13 Sep 2024 18:38

Snowflake Royal Reptile!

Nice sig x

5377 posts