Pepe the Horseman
Snowflake Royal Reptile!

Nice sig x

I am Royal

Reading4eva
Hob Nob Regular

Re: UnConfimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

by Reading4eva » 14 Sep 2024 10:54

Huang Kad has gone quiet after guessing wrong 101 times. To be fair, several people hinted to me that it was signed, all done, week ago Thursday. It was the same day before Couhig posted a picture from the Purple Turtle so I think something happened. What I'm not sure and I don't think anyone knows. But Dai is definitely dragging his feet

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 14 Sep 2024 11:51

Reading4eva Huang Kad has gone quiet after guessing wrong 101 times. To be fair, several people hinted to me that it was signed, all done, week ago Thursday. It was the same day before Couhig posted a picture from the Purple Turtle so I think something happened. What I'm not sure and I don't think anyone knows. But Dai is definitely dragging his feet

Give Huang the credit he deserves - every day he says nothing and the takeover doesn't complete is a day when he's spot on

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 14 Sep 2024 14:22

Forbury Lion
WestYorksRoyal
Elm Park Kid
He can't kill the club - it would just go into administration and other groups now have control over who it would be sold on to. All he can do is force us to have a points deduction and get a lot less money.

Plus this stuff about him losing face strikes me as nonsense. I don't know for sure, but his behaviour suggests he genuinely doesn't give a shit and has more pressing issues. I don't think it's a rage fit.
+1 He's killed his own reputation in the UK (and possibly elsewhere) by not paying HMRC on time.

Rather he is making a reputation for himself!

Perhaps RC should have put financial penalties into the purchase agreement, payable if a certain gentleman drags his feet on the final bit of selling.

fred sharpes nose

by fred sharpes nose » 14 Sep 2024 22:41

"Face" is important in China - Dai still owning the club allows him to natter with his mates at the golf club "Yeah we have a good manager and young team and things are looking good". "Got some Yank who wants to buy it but I will string him along for as much as I can get" etc etc

Dai is in trouble business wise, and with China Peoples Bank

Dai is a poor businessman

But most most importantly Dai is a gambler (and ultimately a loser, as they all are) - so one more throw of the dice, or the next horse will get me back on track etc etc

If, as we are lead to believe the only thing needed is his signature, then we are still potentially up shit creek. As soon as he signs on the dotted line he crystalises his massive financial loss, he lose face with his peers, he is out of the game, he is no longer a player, becomes a has-been, a failure and such like. Can only hope someone forces him - "sign on the dotted line or its the the salt mines for you lad"

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 15 Sep 2024 00:20

fred sharpes nose "Face" is important in China - Dai still owning the club allows him to natter with his mates at the golf club "Yeah we have a good manager and young team and things are looking good". "Got some Yank who wants to buy it but I will string him along for as much as I can get" etc etc

Dai is in trouble business wise, and with China Peoples Bank

Dai is a poor businessman

But most most importantly Dai is a gambler (and ultimately a loser, as they all are) - so one more throw of the dice, or the next horse will get me back on track etc etc

If, as we are lead to believe the only thing needed is his signature, then we are still potentially up shit creek. As soon as he signs on the dotted line he crystalises his massive financial loss, he lose face with his peers, he is out of the game, he is no longer a player, becomes a has-been, a failure and such like. Can only hope someone forces him - "sign on the dotted line or its the the salt mines for you lad"

Dai is no longer in control. The ground and training facility are highly valuable assets. Ultimately there's people in China who want their money back. Wouldn't be surprised if there's litigation either in process or threatened.

DelBoyRodders
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by DelBoyRodders » 15 Sep 2024 09:06

Elm Park Kid
andrew1957
Orion1871
R.I.P. the takeover

I have had this bad feeling for some time that we made Dai lose face with the Port Vale protest etc and that at the last minute he might pull the plug and just let the club Dai rather than sell. No normal human being would put £20 plus million down the drain but over the last 7 years or so we have seen this guy is by no means normal.

He can't kill the club - it would just go into administration and other groups now have control over who it would be sold on to. All he can do is force us to have a points deduction and get a lot less money.

I can live with administration if it finally gets Dai out of the club, BUT any admin deal would only be for the Club itself. The stadium and training ground would still be owned by Dai.
We're screwed unless by some miracle Dai signs the full takeover deal with Coughig. Looking unlikely now though.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Sep 2024 09:15

I have been speculating in my head what it looks like if Couhig gives up on negotiations and tries to use the secured loans to force him out. I have no idea how long the repayment terms are and the default point at which he could seize assets.

But I assume it would almost certainly no more money lent and paydays missed creating chaos which may see Selles leave. If it takes long enough that the window is open again, presumably it would see Pang selling players to try and keep the wolf from the door, and even outside the window youth players could be on the table. Then it is an insolvency event, meaning points deductions and quite possibly relegation at the end of it.

Basically, the loans give Redwood/Couhig leverage, but it's still very much in their interest to find a way through without going down that path. The clock is ticking on Dai though; it's just a question of how long and how much collateral damage there is.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Sep 2024 11:28

Back to the tennis balls soon then.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2024 11:38

Why is it we play badly and lose one game and people are talking like the takeover is suddenly dead ffs?

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Sep 2024 11:58

Sutekh Back to the tennis balls soon then.

Yes that was a game changer last season wasn`t it, protest all you like but Dai doesn`t give a fuck.
if anything it will make him more stubborn.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 15 Sep 2024 14:30

How is the suspended points deduction triggered? Is it for stoppages caused by fans or abandonments? Really don't want to get points deductions at this stage of the season.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 15 Sep 2024 14:42

Snowflake Royal Why is it we play badly and lose one game and people are talking like the takeover is suddenly dead ffs?

Couhig was watching, thinks we're shit and has lost interest. That's what I heard.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Sep 2024 14:59

windermereROYAL

Yes that was a game changer last season wasn`t it, protest all you like but Dai doesn`t give a fuck.
if anything it will make him more stubborn.

Yep, I agree with this. It all seems a bit futile.

I still reckon the takeover will happen, but the longer it goes on fans will become more edgy, which is understandable tbf.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 15 Sep 2024 16:03

Clyde1998

How is the suspended points deduction triggered? Is it for stoppages caused by fans or abandonments? Really don't want to get points deductions at this stage of the season.

Think it's triggered for just fans invading the pitch and/or causing abandonments.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Sep 2024 16:27

WestYorksRoyal
Snowflake Royal Why is it we play badly and lose one game and people are talking like the takeover is suddenly dead ffs?

Couhig was watching, thinks we're shit and has lost interest. That's what I heard.

I know you`re taking the piss but he wasn`t there yesterday for whatever reason.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 15 Sep 2024 16:41

DelBoyRodders
Elm Park Kid
andrew1957
I have had this bad feeling for some time that we made Dai lose face with the Port Vale protest etc and that at the last minute he might pull the plug and just let the club Dai rather than sell. No normal human being would put £20 plus million down the drain but over the last 7 years or so we have seen this guy is by no means normal.

I can live with administration if it finally gets Dai out of the club, BUT any admin deal would only be for the Club itself. The stadium and training ground would still be owned by Dai.
We're screwed unless by some miracle Dai signs the full takeover deal with Coughig. Looking unlikely now though.

Allowing legal separation of football club assets is yet another massive own goal for those who are supposed to be protecting our game. Football regulator NOW :arrow:

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Sep 2024 20:27

Sutekh
Clyde1998

Think it's triggered for just fans invading the pitch and/or causing abandonments.

It's abandonments

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 16 Sep 2024 11:28

blueroyals
DelBoyRodders
Elm Park Kid

Allowing legal separation of football club assets is yet another massive own goal for those who are supposed to be protecting our game. Football regulator NOW :arrow:

That's just business. Nothing more.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Sep 2024 12:04

windermereROYAL
WestYorksRoyal

I know you`re taking the piss but he wasn`t there yesterday for whatever reason.

Most likely that he lives in the US and can't/won't be in the UK full time - would imagine he came over expecting things to be done fairly quickly but they've dragged on so he's gone home and will be back as/when things can finally be closed out.

Or be a safe distance away if news comes out that its all fallen through.

5377 posts