5343 posts
Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

Re: UnConfimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

by Orion1871 » 18 Sep 2024 09:29

Sutekh
Harrison Delbridge i think it is now time for violence

they wouldnt stand for this shit in france or turkey

we NEED to start ripping the seats up, destroy the stadium, throw fireworks at the directors box etc

Because that would obviously improve the situation no end :roll:

He's just a sad little twat who hasn't been to a Reading game for years. He can't behave like a dickhead on AE at the moment because Brogue is on a modding honeymoon period so he's trying his luck on the team board.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2024 09:30

ILoveMoonPig Shall we all just go and support the RFC women's team instead?

It`s bad, but not THAT bad.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Sep 2024 09:32

From Dai's point of view, if Farhad Moshiri is going to offer more money/a better deal then of course he is going to take it (everyone would). If Moshiri buying Reading was dependent on him selling Everton then you can understand the timing of this news breaking. Couhig's team have probably done a lot of the work to put things in order around the club so perhaps the Moshiri deal will run more smoothly (especially as Dai/Kia are buddies as as Kia/Farhad)

Harrison Delbridge

by Harrison Delbridge » 18 Sep 2024 09:32

Sutekh

we NEED to start ripping the seats up, destroy the stadium, throw fireworks at the directors box etc

okay lets bend over as per usual and just be nice and wait and see :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NO

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 18 Sep 2024 09:34

Shit news to start the day

It does seem to be triggered by another possible investor so that’s a very slight silver lining to a very dark cloud though

Harrison Delbridge

by Harrison Delbridge » 18 Sep 2024 09:35

Orion1871
Sutekh

He's just a sad little twat who hasn't been to a Reading game for years. He can't behave like a dickhead on AE at the moment because Brogue is on a modding honeymoon period so he's trying his luck on the team board.

oxf*rd off you oxf*rd, this is passion and want to do whats best

this club is oxf*rd

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 18 Sep 2024 09:40

Harrison Delbridge
Sutekh

okay lets bend over as per usual and just be nice and wait and see :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

NO

Don't worry, the SBWD engine is slowly spluttering back to life after months of misplaced optimism to draft a strongly worded letter as we speak

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 18 Sep 2024 09:44

Also the £4m to pay back Couhig clearly hasn't come from Dai or the club's pocket, it's likely come from whichever investor has turned his head at the 11th hour

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Sep 2024 09:45

Jamie Hodder reckons the club is now owned by Chinese banks as Dai is under house arrest there

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 18 Sep 2024 09:48

Pepe the Horseman
Orion1871
karbota I eat corn the long way

Karbota is Bill Goldberg? :shock:

Picture him as more of a Gillberg

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 18 Sep 2024 09:50

Mid Sussex Royal Jamie Hodder reckons the club is now owned by Chinese banks as Dai is under house arrest there

Would be no great surprise. Given the well documented events in China.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Sep 2024 09:53

Gunny Fishcake I've waited for over a week to post this and people can believe it or not

Last Tuesday I bumped into a very senior source at the club, I introduced myself as a season ticket holder of over thirty five years and asked if it would be ok to ask a simple question.

The source said of course and was very polite and pleasant, my question simply was " Is the deal going to happen soon "

The answer was " not a chance , Dai doesn't want to sell to Couhig, doesn't like him, and even if he did.......he doesn't have the money to afford it , nothing else on the table "

I've waited just over a week because I was quite shocked with the reply, and with all the Couhig hype and PR going on.

I could't really believe it but with over a week since the conversation , nothing as happened

I'm only reported what I was told in good faith and I'm not revealing the source

It's all very sad .

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... ob-couhig/

When I posted this two weeks ago in good faith I got slaughtered on here by many , I was called every name under the sun, worst being a Wycombe fan , to all those those who slaughtered me, have a good day

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Sep 2024 09:56

And that's me officially done with this process.

I'm going to avoid Reading Twitter like the plague and just get on with life - been getting a lot more involved in rugby over here of late, so can see a lot of my focus being on that and whilst I'm not walking away, the number of fcuks I now have are zero and my interactions with the club will be purely based on matches.

What will be will be - I'll naturally be happy if this ever gets sorted but I'm accepting the negative view until shown otherwise.

Harrison Delbridge

by Harrison Delbridge » 18 Sep 2024 10:02

blueroyals
Harrison Delbridge
Sutekh

NO

Don't worry, the SBWD engine is slowly spluttering back to life after months of misplaced optimism to draft a strongly worded letter as we speak

they are oxf*rd useless, worse then club1871

they do nothing

any serious club would start actual mass action or violent protests right about now, not bend over and get butt oxf*rd by a corrupt chinese businessman

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 18 Sep 2024 10:11

Whilst Couhig was clearly a businessman first and football fan second, his ownership offered us the opportunity for sanity and stability to return to the club. He might have cut some things that upset us, increase prices and spend less than we'd like, but the days of permanent crisis and threats of point deductions would be over. We'd be a 'properly' run club again.

It's just utterly depressing to think that this cycle might not end with the club's sale now.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 18 Sep 2024 10:16

Mid Sussex Royal Jamie Hodder reckons the club is now owned by Chinese banks as Dai is under house arrest there

Heard the same about Bank of China.
If that is the case then maybe, just maybe it will be easier for a buyer to deal with a bank than to deal with the unpredictable one.

Banks tend to be more pragmatic so, if this is the case, I feel that a deal is now more likely to happen.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 10:23

South Coast Royal

Heard the same about Bank of China.
If that is the case then maybe, just maybe it will be easier for a buyer to deal with a bank than to deal with the unpredictable one.

Banks tend to be more pragmatic so, if this is the case, I feel that a deal is now more likely to happen.

A plausible hypothesis with no evidence to support it. Agree it would be good news if true.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 18 Sep 2024 10:40

Gunny Fishcake
Gunny Fishcake I've waited for over a week to post this and people can believe it or not

Last Tuesday I bumped into a very senior source at the club, I introduced myself as a season ticket holder of over thirty five years and asked if it would be ok to ask a simple question.

The source said of course and was very polite and pleasant, my question simply was " Is the deal going to happen soon "

The answer was " not a chance , Dai doesn't want to sell to Couhig, doesn't like him, and even if he did.......he doesn't have the money to afford it , nothing else on the table "

I've waited just over a week because I was quite shocked with the reply, and with all the Couhig hype and PR going on.

I could't really believe it but with over a week since the conversation , nothing as happened

I'm only reported what I was told in good faith and I'm not revealing the source

It's all very sad .

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... ob-couhig/

When I posted this two weeks ago in good faith I got slaughtered on here by many , I was called every name under the sun, worst being a Wycombe fan , to all those those who slaughtered me, have a good day

Just looked back and no you weren't. I think you're being a tad sensitive.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 10:55

It’s disappointing news all we want is for a takeover to happen but Like most, I’m numb to this, I haven’t followed the never ending saga for ages, if I read on a reputable website a takeover has happened then fine until that point it’s all rubbish.

Not surprised at all, it was clear something wasn’t right it was dragging on so long.

No doubt we will hear of numerous interested parties who can now show their interest :roll:

Surely Selles must want out now and who can blame him.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 10:59

Will you do this at Bolton or wait for the next home game m9, m10?

5343 posts