5343 posts
Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

Re: UnConfimred new owners of Raeding Footbal Club

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Sep 2024 10:59

karbota
Royal_jimmy
karbota
But wouldn't own the ground or Bearwood?

What use are either of those without the club. The stadium can only be used for football as it's an asset of community value. So it's worthless to him. Even if he did tried selling it to property developers the fans have the first dibs in buying it.

Training ground might go but who'd buy it? it's unlikely to get planning permission for housing

A few months ago I might have agreed ( re Bearwood ) but with the current Labour clowns in office it will very likely get built on. Should never have moved from Elm Park.
Reap what you sow.

That would thankfully mean Labour would never get an MP in Wokingham

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

by Royal_jimmy » 18 Sep 2024 11:10

Can't say I am surprised by any of the rumours this morning if they are true. This has been the most painful period being a supporter of this club. If the bank seizing his assets is true, I guess that means we could potentially get the stadium and training ground back as part of the club if someone if benevolent enough to bail us out and buy us.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Sep 2024 11:10

Another 4 million of debt on the slate a well. :(

Harrison Delbridge

by Harrison Delbridge » 18 Sep 2024 11:10

SouthDownsRoyal
Harrison Delbridge i think it is now time for violence

they wouldnt stand for this shit in france or turkey

we NEED to start ripping the seats up, destroy the stadium, throw fireworks at the directors box etc

Will you do this at Bolton or wait for the next home game m9, m10?

depends if i am allowed to go m9, but i dont mind starting it

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2024 11:13

Ascotexgunner Another 4 million of debt on the slate a well. :(

At least a bank would probably be easier for interested buyers to deal with and they might actually find they are dealing with a party that wants to sell rather than seemingly b*gger everything up for everyone for as long as possible.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 11:17

South Coast Royal
Mid Sussex Royal Jamie Hodder reckons the club is now owned by Chinese banks as Dai is under house arrest there

Heard the same about Bank of China.
If that is the case then maybe, just maybe it will be easier for a buyer to deal with a bank than to deal with the unpredictable one.

Banks tend to be more pragmatic so, if this is the case, I feel that a deal is now more likely to happen.

Yeah, a deal is likely to happen now and should be completed very soon :lol:

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Sep 2024 11:17

Sutekh

At least a bank would probably be easier for interested buyers to deal with and they might actually find they are dealing with a party that wants to sell rather than seemingly b*gger everything up for everyone for as long as possible.

Why was Cohig dealing with Dai but new bidders will be dealing with a bank?

Couldn't Couhig now deal with this bank instead of Dai?

Crusader Royal

by Crusader Royal » 18 Sep 2024 11:23

morganb
Sutekh

Presumably because the banks have only just seized his assets ?
And Couhig could deal,with the bank but may not want to.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 18 Sep 2024 11:26

morganb
Sutekh

The exclusivity ended and somone on here hinted the owner was asking for more money (whether it was the Bank or Dai who knows) which might be true.... At a guess.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Sep 2024 11:37

Green
Gunny Fishcake
Gunny Fishcake I've waited for over a week to post this and people can believe it or not

Last Tuesday I bumped into a very senior source at the club, I introduced myself as a season ticket holder of over thirty five years and asked if it would be ok to ask a simple question.

The source said of course and was very polite and pleasant, my question simply was " Is the deal going to happen soon "

The answer was " not a chance , Dai doesn't want to sell to Couhig, doesn't like him, and even if he did.......he doesn't have the money to afford it , nothing else on the table "

I've waited just over a week because I was quite shocked with the reply, and with all the Couhig hype and PR going on.

I could't really believe it but with over a week since the conversation , nothing as happened

I'm only reported what I was told in good faith and I'm not revealing the source

It's all very sad .

https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... ob-couhig/

When I posted this two weeks ago in good faith I got slaughtered on here by many , I was called every name under the sun, worst being a Wycombe fan , to all those those who slaughtered me, have a good day

Just looked back and no you weren't. I think you're being a tad sensitive.

Agree on here but the post was copied on various Social media platforms where got pelters but to be fair not unexpected, just pleased my story has been vindicated

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 18 Sep 2024 11:40

Looking forward to the usual lack of a club statement and Selles being hung out to dry with a load of questions he can't answer at the Bolton pre match prezzer.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 Sep 2024 11:41

Gunny Fishcake
Green
Gunny Fishcake
https://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/spor ... ob-couhig/

When I posted this two weeks ago in good faith I got slaughtered on here by many , I was called every name under the sun, worst being a Wycombe fan , to all those those who slaughtered me, have a good day

Just looked back and no you weren't. I think you're being a tad sensitive.

Agree on here but the post was copied on various Social media platforms where got pelters but to be fair not unexpected, just pleased my story has been vindicated

You’re pleased the club could be wound up just so you can be proved right on an internet mong board using an anonymous member name? :|

Zammo
Hob Nob Addict

by Zammo » 18 Sep 2024 11:52

The thought of going to the Huddersfield game with more bad feeling, tennis balls and protests etc.. is absolutely depressing :cry:

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 18 Sep 2024 11:53

Brogue
Gunny Fishcake
Green Just looked back and no you weren't. I think you're being a tad sensitive.

You’re pleased the club could be wound up just so you can be proved right on an internet mong board using an anonymous member name? :|

Don’t be a moron of course I’m not it’s devastating, stop stirring sh*t

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 18 Sep 2024 11:56

Didn’t realise the club was still going tbh

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 18 Sep 2024 12:02

Sounds like it's already been paid - presumably coming from the Olise money, season tickets and TV revenue. No idea how long the club can keep operating now.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 12:20

Clyde1998

Sounds like it's already been paid - presumably coming from the Olise money, season tickets and TV revenue. No idea how long the club can keep operating now.

Perhaps Dai found another sucker for exclusivity and got them to pay. Or he does actually have access to cash and was just not funding the club as he didn't give a shit. That seems the most likely explanation to me, but no doubt rumours will abound, including the one that we're actually owned by Bank of China now.

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 18 Sep 2024 12:23

Gunny Fishcake
Brogue
Gunny Fishcake

Don’t be a moron of course I’m not it’s devastating, stop stirring sh*t

Oh, just you said you were pleased that your story has been vindicated.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Sep 2024 12:26

Wizard Didn’t realise the club was still going tbh

Oh just fcuk off Wizard with your faux simpleton act you attention seeking twat.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2024 12:33

Well that's that then.

No wonder the performance was shit if this was on the cards.

Bar a miracle I don't see us seeing out the season. Rumours of banks taking over, who will only be interested in maximising price, new investor linked to the absolute shitshow at Everton who may well struggle to pass FL approval.

A deal must be, at the very least a month, probably no sooner than 3, away. And we're going from someone with a track record of success to allegedly one with a track record of taking a club to the brink.

Wish they'd just shot us and sent us for glue in July.

5343 posts