5343 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

by Snowflake Royal » 18 Sep 2024 20:07

Crusader Royal
Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
I would think mass transfer requests will be landing on the managers (whoever that may be) desk in the coming months and will all be granted to try and get us through till May.

Who would have thought it would come to this? gutted doesn`t even come close.

Well none of the players can go anywhere until January.

If we fail to pay their wages we are in breach of contract and they could walk away IIRC. IT need to be 2 consecutive months or something but I believe there is a route by which they could become free agents before Jan.

That's pretty niche, it's September already, and they couldn't register at another club, but in that extreme case, sure.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 18 Sep 2024 20:11

The Olise money, according to the Guardian, was £3.6m payable in 2 instalments, with one paid and another due next year. So the money to pay off RC must have come from elsewhere….maybe a new buyer as previously suggested.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 18 Sep 2024 20:12

Pepe the Horseman
John Madejski's Wallet
WestYorksRoyal It does feel different to the bad days last season. Every time last year there was anger and fight; the players, fans and staff threw everything at last season to keep the club afloat, and it looked like we'd won. The final home game against Blackpool and the opening one against Wigan felt like the end of the chapter.

I'm angry today of course, but mostly I feel resigned and defeated. We threw everything at getting Dai out and we lost. I expect performances on the pitch to tank.

Yeah I worry that now it will be a proper slide and the fans and players are tapped out of energy with all this

I haven't watched a game this season as I've felt we've been in limbo, so other things have taken a priority. Can't imagine how the players must feel and can't be a coincidence that we played like shit just as news of the takeover collapsing was coming out.

Yazmine Delarose (Wing's partner) Tweeted -

Oh trust me we’ve been kept out the dark alright! I got a call from a journalist this morning who broke the news to me and I had to call Lewis to tell him

https://x.com/YazmineDelarose/status/18 ... k_NPw&s=19

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2024 20:28

Snowflake Royal
windermereROYAL
Snowflake Royal I think we can expect a mass exodus in January, if we make it that long, and without a deal beijg completed.

Firstly, to fund finishing the season, and secondly I can't imagine any of the players or staff are willing to put up with this any longer.

I would think mass transfer requests will be landing on the managers (whoever that may be) desk in the coming months and will all be granted to try and get us through till May.

Who would have thought it would come to this? gutted doesn`t even come close.

Well none of the players can go anywhere until January.

I was well aware of that, but it shouldn`t stop them asking for a transfer.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 18 Sep 2024 20:30

morganb
Pepe the Horseman
John Madejski's Wallet Yeah I worry that now it will be a proper slide and the fans and players are tapped out of energy with all this

I haven't watched a game this season as I've felt we've been in limbo, so other things have taken a priority. Can't imagine how the players must feel and can't be a coincidence that we played like shit just as news of the takeover collapsing was coming out.

Oh trust me we’ve been kept out the dark alright! I got a call from a journalist this morning who broke the news to me and I had to call Lewis to tell him

If they didn`t know before the Orient game that puts to bed the theory for the poor showing.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 18 Sep 2024 20:33

Well this is hardly inspiring for management, staff, players and fans alike.

For the manager and players, the ‘siege mentality’ must be wearing off a bit by now…..however, for the players (unless they sue for breach of contract etc) and unless something nice happens before January, they will have to play their butts off to attract interest from other clubs.

As for the rest of the staff (and yes, I have some vested family and friend interest), they are already checking out their career paths and futures.

What a mess

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 20:42

Mid Sussex Royal The Olise money, according to the Guardian, was £3.6m payable in 2 instalments, with one paid and another due next year. So the money to pay off RC must have come from elsewhere….maybe a new buyer as previously suggested.

It's the most rational explanation tbf. I bet some snake has approached Dai, Pang and Kia, and their last action will be to screw us over one last time.

Where the hell is Howe in this too? I've been on the fence with him given his role in the SJM era, but he's allowed himself to become one of Dai's patsys too.

ILoveMoonPig

by ILoveMoonPig » 18 Sep 2024 22:02

Sorry, I really don't understand how these things work. The sale fell through, is that what's happened? But Dai is still in control so he can still sell to someone else, right? I imagine he's getting nothing but financial strain from having us, I doubt he wants to still be owner.

From reading the last 2 pages, I thought for a minute the club had folded, I take it we're still a functioning business?

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 22:50

SCIAG
Elm Park Kid I used to be ITK.
But then they changed what ITK was.
And now what I know isn't ITK.
And what's ITK seems weird and scary to me.
And it'll happen . . . . to. . . . YOU!

No way man. I’m gonna be ITK forever… forever… forever…

Are you ITK though m9

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 18 Sep 2024 22:56

Mid Sussex Royal The Olise money, according to the Guardian, was £3.6m payable in 2 instalments, with one paid and another due next year. So the money to pay off RC must have come from elsewhere….maybe a new buyer as previously suggested.

Dream on, there is no new buyer, there is no new interest, it’s been the same for the past 12 months everytime a deal falls through we are told new interested parties are waiting in the wings it never comes to fruition

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 18 Sep 2024 23:19

SouthDownsRoyal

Dream on, there is no new buyer, there is no new interest, it’s been the same for the past 12 months everytime a deal falls through we are told new interested parties are waiting in the wings it never comes to fruition

I mean technically it was true the last time.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Sep 2024 08:23

get owned by Chinese banks
franchise us out to Wuhan
cheer on your new team, the Wuhan Corona Royals

Brogue
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Brogue » 19 Sep 2024 08:26

Winston Biscuit get owned by Chinese banks
franchise us out to Wuhan
cheer on your new team, the Wuhan Corona Royals

And we can call ourselves the wuhan clan

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 19 Sep 2024 08:27

:D

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 19 Sep 2024 08:34

We'll play in the Gravel Pitts hyper bowl

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 19 Sep 2024 08:51

Burn after Reading

It was less than a week ago that Reading head coach Ruben Selles said of the club’s takeover: “How long is it going to take? I don’t know. I’m hopeful it happens. I don’t think Rob (Couhig) is the sort of person who gives up”.

Yesterday, Rob Couhig officially gave up.

The Athletic first reported talks were in trouble earlier this week. The club yesterday announced talks were over.

All parties except Dai Yongge, who remains MIA, are placing the blame squarely at the feet of… Dai Yongge, the deeply unpopular Royals owner who has sparked a protest movement while driving the club into the ground.

In retrospect, the repeated teasing of fans on social media by Couhig (above) and his business partner Todd Trosclair (below) was clearly a bit premature, potentially misled the supporters and stung those who needed pain the least, but reflected the Americans’ confidence that any deal was only lacking the final details.

Couhig did not respond to FootBiz and almost certainly wouldn’t be allowed to say anything anyway, but there are very concerning whispers from those close to the deal that the financial pickle Dai has got himself into could mean it is almost impossible for the club to actually transact.

With Couhig’s exclusivity having expired, anyone willing to untangle the Royals’ debts and staggering annual losses is notionally able to have a stab at getting a deal over the line.

That all seems very unlikely now, and if the wilder rumours about Dai’s tangles are correct then it’s hard to work out how Reading avoids administration, which would cost the club more points (Dai’s mismanagement has cost them 18 already) and possibly many people their jobs.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 19 Sep 2024 09:27

RG30
Burn after Reading

It was less than a week ago that Reading head coach Ruben Selles said of the club’s takeover: “How long is it going to take? I don’t know. I’m hopeful it happens. I don’t think Rob (Couhig) is the sort of person who gives up”.

Yesterday, Rob Couhig officially gave up.

The Athletic first reported talks were in trouble earlier this week. The club yesterday announced talks were over.

All parties except Dai Yongge, who remains MIA, are placing the blame squarely at the feet of… Dai Yongge, the deeply unpopular Royals owner who has sparked a protest movement while driving the club into the ground.

In retrospect, the repeated teasing of fans on social media by Couhig (above) and his business partner Todd Trosclair (below) was clearly a bit premature, potentially misled the supporters and stung those who needed pain the least, but reflected the Americans’ confidence that any deal was only lacking the final details.

Couhig did not respond to FootBiz and almost certainly wouldn’t be allowed to say anything anyway, but there are very concerning whispers from those close to the deal that the financial pickle Dai has got himself into could mean it is almost impossible for the club to actually transact.

With Couhig’s exclusivity having expired, anyone willing to untangle the Royals’ debts and staggering annual losses is notionally able to have a stab at getting a deal over the line.

That all seems very unlikely now, and if the wilder rumours about Dai’s tangles are correct then it’s hard to work out how Reading avoids administration, which would cost the club more points (Dai’s mismanagement has cost them 18 already) and possibly many people their jobs.

This will be the third club this utter **** has driven into oblivion, must be a hobby of his.

Looking forward to life in the CCL next season, just hoping the club won't be called AFC Reading.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 19 Sep 2024 09:37

So now Couhig has had his money paid back to him he`s no longer a creditor he doesn`t have the power to put us into administration are there any other routes or is it just Dai that can do it?
I`m thinking if we run out of money and he continues to be a cunt and not fund us it`s the end of the road.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 19 Sep 2024 09:47

As ever the biggest issue is no one knows what exactly is Dai’s endgame. He’s had a reasonable offer, sounds like he could just take the money and be shot of it

Surely the idea of going through the whole process again to get to wrangle an extra million or two makes no sense

He clearly can’t be bothered with the club now, just not idea what he is getting out of it at this point in time

Administration doesn’t help him at all. I’d happily take it right now though

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 19 Sep 2024 09:54

morganb
Pepe the Horseman
John Madejski's Wallet Yeah I worry that now it will be a proper slide and the fans and players are tapped out of energy with all this

She was kept out the dark?

5343 posts