CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5391 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: TAKEOVER - TODAY COULD BE THE DAY! (or not?)

by morganb » 20 Sep 2024 12:59

morganb The day that Rob Couhig becomes this Forum's "newest member" is the day the takeover will happen (Do you think he even knows that Hobnob exists?)

Someone registered as "Rob Couhig" on 6 September

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=59788

and is showing as our newest member:

index.php

Unfortunately the takeover didn't happen so I was wrong - apologies

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Sep 2024 13:07

Snowflake Royal So far Dai has torpedoed deals with:
Genevra
Loitz
Chiron
Couhig and Redwood.

It is never happening, we're a dead club walking and groaning like a zombie.

Hold your own in the situation.
Don't be afraid to be a friend.
Cause I won't hurt you or leave you a loose end.
You make me alive enough to love again.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: TAKEOVER - TODAY COULD BE THE DAY! (or not?)

by Pepe the Horseman » 20 Sep 2024 13:08

morganb
morganb The day that Rob Couhig becomes this Forum's "newest member" is the day the takeover will happen (Do you think he even knows that Hobnob exists?)

Someone registered as "Rob Couhig" on 6 September

https://www.royals.org/forum/memberlist ... le&u=59788

and is showing as our newest member:

https://www.royals.org/forum/index.php

Unfortunately the takeover didn't happen so I was wrong - apologies

So it was actually the HNA mods that fcuked the deal up

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 20 Sep 2024 13:27

SouthDownsRoyal The notion that dai wants lots of strings attached IF we get back to the prem etc he gets X% back does sound a plausible to a point but How many months has this been dragging on for?

And only now dai realised couhig isn’t a multi billionaire or wealthy Hollywood celeb Ready to spend whatever it takes to get RFC into the champions league? :lol:

Wasn't there a Saudi/US consortium offering more money than Couhig? They sound more likely to bet big on promotion like Dai. It was probably different stakeholders with different expectations.

Howe mentioned senior club members interviewed potential buyers, and they probably felt that Couhig had the experience to bring the stability we needed plus we was well liked at Wycombe. And was always going to get through the EFL checks. So he was put forward to Dai, but there was an expectations gap.

Dai wanted someone who could promise big bucks and ambitious. Of course he is wrong; he'll probably get a guy who can talk a good game who the EFL are skeptical on and who may be capable of spending big money but are more likely to have their pants pulled down by agents than take us back up the leagues. Seriously ambitious, competent people are likely to be put off by Dai's conduct and asking price.

The club want a steady pair of hands, but Dai wants to sell to another gambler.

Why didn't Couhig just lie to Dai? Say we'll be Premier League in 3 years.

El Diablo

by El Diablo » 20 Sep 2024 14:04

WestYorksRoyal
SouthDownsRoyal The notion that dai wants lots of strings attached IF we get back to the prem etc he gets X% back does sound a plausible to a point but How many months has this been dragging on for?

And only now dai realised couhig isn’t a multi billionaire or wealthy Hollywood celeb Ready to spend whatever it takes to get RFC into the champions league? :lol:

Wasn't there a Saudi/US consortium offering more money than Couhig? They sound more likely to bet big on promotion like Dai. It was probably different stakeholders with different expectations.

Howe mentioned senior club members interviewed potential buyers, and they probably felt that Couhig had the experience to bring the stability we needed plus we was well liked at Wycombe. And was always going to get through the EFL checks. So he was put forward to Dai, but there was an expectations gap.

Dai wanted someone who could promise big bucks and ambitious. Of course he is wrong; he'll probably get a guy who can talk a good game who the EFL are skeptical on and who may be capable of spending big money but are more likely to have their pants pulled down by agents than take us back up the leagues. Seriously ambitious, competent people are likely to be put off by Dai's conduct and asking price.

The club want a steady pair of hands, but Dai wants to sell to another gambler.

Why didn't Couhig just lie to Dai? Say we'll be Premier League in 3 years.

Let it go Man. We're not the first to be oxf*rd over by him. Quite likely not the last.

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 20 Sep 2024 14:14

It demonstrates how dire our situation is that I'd take another gamble at this moment in time. It feels like we're drowning and we need a new start and it's not ideal if we get another unknown entity but if it means we surive for 1/2/3 more years then fine.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Sep 2024 14:31

It sounds Dai wanted to sell to someone who would let him keep control or at least reap some reward from a new buyers efforts. No chance of that.

Once you sell you need to walk away. It also doesn't stack up with him wanting to sell the training ground.

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 20 Sep 2024 14:45

PieEater It sounds Dai wanted to sell to someone who would let him keep control or at least reap some reward from a new buyers efforts. No chance of that.

Once you sell you need to walk away. It also doesn't stack up with him wanting to sell the training ground.

He's seen transfer sell on clauses (which always strike me as a bit of an oddity accounting wise) and he's thought i fancy a piece of that pie for my business transactions.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 20 Sep 2024 15:01

Greatwesternline
PieEater It sounds Dai wanted to sell to someone who would let him keep control or at least reap some reward from a new buyers efforts. No chance of that.

He's seen transfer sell on clauses (which always strike me as a bit of an oddity accounting wise) and he's thought i fancy a piece of that pie for my business transactions.

Yeah but sell on clauses go to the club, not the (former) owner. And as Howe found out, any third party payments are illegal.

It's more likely he wanted some Premier League promotion kickback.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 20 Sep 2024 16:12

Crayons

Who Moved The Goalposts?

by Who Moved The Goalposts? » 20 Sep 2024 17:44

PieEater
Greatwesternline

Yeah but sell on clauses go to the club, not the (former) owner. And as Howe found out, any third party payments are illegal.

It's more likely he wanted some Premier League promotion kickback.

I recall SJM had a clause where he got more from Zingarevich when RFC were promoted the season he sold the club. That was a post-sale clause, so they can happen (though in this case SJM had only received half the cash anyway and we all know what happened when the rest was due).

5391 posts