Selles out

885 posts

Should Selles be shown the door now before the inevitable mid season sacking

Yes (and appoint Ian)
46%
No (it's a wonderful appointment and he'll get the club to scale heights never before seen at Reading)
44%
He won't be appointed in the first place
10%

Total votes: 70
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Selles out

by Millsy » 20 Sep 2024 20:47

stealthpapes
Snowflake Royal
Mid Sussex Royal
Post Brian I'd agree.

In my time back to 1971 McGhee gets the vote for third place. He took the club from the lower reaches of tier 3 to the top of tier 2 with no money of sorts to spend (unlike Pardew) and with a very stylish playing style.

He's certainly turned into the best we've had since Brian. But then a block of cheese would have a chance of that seeing as they'd be competing with:

Adkins, Clarke, Stam, Clement, Gomes, Bowen, Paunovic and Ince.

LOL yeah, 10 full time managers in 11 years.
Stable.

I'd say it's quite a consistent strategy.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 21 Sep 2024 12:11

Selles must be mentally drained. Why stay in a job where it's little more than treading water. I'm sure another club would happily pay compensation.

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 21 Sep 2024 13:35

Lower West Selles must be mentally drained. Why stay in a job where it's little more than treading water. I'm sure another club would happily pay compensation.

Agree. It's a matter of time and no one can blame the guy. He will leave and be loved afterwards.

It's such a shame as he looked happy, settled, a bond with the players and fans, looking forward to a new stable start and an actual future to build on.

He'd lost players without consultation. He'd been swindled and lied to, not paid, deceived, etc

All would have been a memory had this deal gone through.

Now though it's going to be the same and no light at end of the tunnel. Not a chance he'll stay and I wish him nothing but success.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2024 13:42

I suspect he'll be thinking it over. If he leaves, the team will fall apart and probably some careers will finish before they've started. We as fans have supported him and we have nowhere to go. It will negatively impact so many people if he leaves. He needs to weigh that up against the toll it's taking on him.

Plus, doesn’t the club need to accept his resignation? Didn't Pauno get forced to limp on after asking to resign?

stealthpapes
Hob Nob Addict

by stealthpapes » 21 Sep 2024 14:46

Millsy
stealthpapes
Snowflake Royal He's certainly turned into the best we've had since Brian. But then a block of cheese would have a chance of that seeing as they'd be competing with:

Adkins, Clarke, Stam, Clement, Gomes, Bowen, Paunovic and Ince.

LOL yeah, 10 full time managers in 11 years.
Stable.

I'd say it's quite a consistent strategy.

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton, let's see how it plays out"

885 posts