CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

5421 posts
traff

Re: CONFRIMED: Takeover collapsed; Back to square one

by traff » 21 Sep 2024 14:09

Lower West
Armadillo Roadkill
WestYorksRoyal Would recommend the latest 1871 podcast, much more perspective and a break from conspiracy theories and doom mongering. Dellor certainly backs up the theory that Couhig never matched Dai's expectations, though it begs the question how he progressed so far.

I certainly felt more positive after listening.

The interview with Tim was really good - and like you say, it seems Dai is more involved in the process than we had assumed, Couhig not as blameless as we all perhaps thought, and we might even have dodged a bullet.

If Dai can fund the club with no more missed deadlines / wages and find a credible buyer with the funds to take the club forward, we will perhaps look back at him a bit more kindly in future years.

What's Dai funding the club with though? Highly likely his remaining assets are frozen.

Philanthropic vibes with a hint of altruistic sparkle.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2024 14:18

traff
Lower West
Armadillo Roadkill
The interview with Tim was really good - and like you say, it seems Dai is more involved in the process than we had assumed, Couhig not as blameless as we all perhaps thought, and we might even have dodged a bullet.

If Dai can fund the club with no more missed deadlines / wages and find a credible buyer with the funds to take the club forward, we will perhaps look back at him a bit more kindly in future years.

What's Dai funding the club with though? Highly likely his remaining assets are frozen.

Dai's family I believe have helped him out.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2024 14:37

Sutekh
traff
Lower West

Dellor suggesting that on BBCRB, too. Who knows what the situation is in China? It's all rumours, but money was also found to pay Couhig.

Winston Biscuit
Hob Nob Legend

by Winston Biscuit » 21 Sep 2024 15:39

Sutekh
traff
Lower West

His actual family or just his friends he refers to as 'fam'?

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2024 15:40

Winston Biscuit
Sutekh
traff

His actual family or just his friends he refers to as 'fam'?

Tim mentioned nephews or something.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2024 15:54

Armadillo Roadkill
WestYorksRoyal Would recommend the latest 1871 podcast, much more perspective and a break from conspiracy theories and doom mongering. Dellor certainly backs up the theory that Couhig never matched Dai's expectations, though it begs the question how he progressed so far.

I certainly felt more positive after listening.

:|

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 21 Sep 2024 15:57

Sutekh
traff
Lower West

I'd like his family to help him fcuk off out of the club. I don't give a shit what he wants for RFC he's overseen years of steady decline. This week was the crowning glory of his utterly incompetent ownership.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2024 16:04

leon
Sutekh
traff

I'd like his family to help him fcuk off out of the club. I don't give a shit what he wants for RFC he's overseen years of steady decline. This week was the crowning glory of his utterly incompetent ownership.

Preach

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 21 Sep 2024 16:31

And lo, a new ITK will appear -

I can also tell you something that Howe did not say this week, a new buyer is VERY close. This is not a ITK post, it’s a factual post. Things are moving fast behind the scenes. Coughig had no money to complete transaction.

He had a business plan for that, hence stripping back club etc - but actual cash to buy the club ie £35m - not even close.

But someone is, positive things are happening. Couhig wasn’t what we thought / hoped - just false hope and desperation really

https://x.com/GOpionator/status/1837512 ... unnZg&s=19

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 21 Sep 2024 16:34

morganb And lo, a new ITK will appear -

I can also tell you something that Howe did not say this week, a new buyer is VERY close. This is not a ITK post, it’s a factual post. Things are moving fast behind the scenes. Coughig had no money to complete transaction.

He had a business plan for that, hence stripping back club etc - but actual cash to buy the club ie £35m - not even close.

But someone is, positive things are happening. Couhig wasn’t what we thought / hoped - just false hope and desperation really

So obviously bollocks that Couhig didn't have the money to buy. He couldn’t have got that close or been approved by the FL if he didn’t have proof of funds ffs.

Not to mention the guy just got millions for Wycombe.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2024 16:41

Why do people do this? Dickheads.

katweslowski

by katweslowski » 21 Sep 2024 16:55

This kind of shit is exactly why I've deleted twitter. I've found this whole saga exhausting and very depressing to be honest.

The thought of losing this club is hard to stomach. These stupid ITK accounts are not helpful and nor are the masses that continue to latch on to them

Don't those scenes in the purple turtle in May seem so long ago? Lewis Wing and Mbenge lifted in the air with fans celebrating and feeling good.

I feel sorry for Lewis Wing and his partner. Both seem to have really settled here and found their respective places.

I'd tear your arm off for a league two position with our stadium if it meant the back off Dai Yongge.

The biggest issue is the unknown. No idea where this goes, what his intentions are. These NDAs that howe hides behind (which I partially understand) means that fans are completely in the dark about the true reality of what happened or is happening.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2024 17:35

Now some caller into BBC Berks and us saying the club is about to be sold to Blue River Holdings who he says are an affiliate company of Dai Yongge and Dayong Pang and owned by Ben E King (who I thought died in 2015). Anyway no doubt yet more made up bollox for those that are avoiding the bollox you get on tw@tter.
Last edited by Sutekh on 21 Sep 2024 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2024 17:35

Some deranged conspiracy theorist calling into BBCRB too. Said he wasn't concerned about today and that a company affiliated to Dai will take us over, which is a good thing and everything will be fine.

But then he was suggesting we should be on the pitch against Huddersfield by the end.

WestYorksRoyal
Hob Nob Addict

by WestYorksRoyal » 21 Sep 2024 17:37

Sutekh Now some caller into BBC Berks and us saying the club is about to be sold to Blue River Holdings who he says are an affiliate company of Dai Yongge and Dayong Pang and owned by Ben E King (who I thought died in 2015). Anyway no doubt yet more made up bollox for those that are avoiding the bollox you get on tw@tter.

Has a publicly listed company ever bought a football club? I'm sure the pension funds and other retail investors will happily support such a sensible bet. :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 21 Sep 2024 17:37

The only good thing is that all this will finally be resolved at some point, one way or another. So everyone should just relax and sit back and enjoy the movie (or more likely the pantomime).

Felt91

by Felt91 » 21 Sep 2024 18:12

morganb And lo, a new ITK will appear -

I have heard similar to this. Couhig was doing all his PR stuff to help build a link with the fans but never had the financial backing. There is someone in the background who is close, hopefully weeks not months. Has the money himself. Maybe this is why Howe was a bit arrogant Thursday as he knew what was coming. Let’s hope it’s all sorted soon and we can not worry about bad news every week.

traff

by traff » 21 Sep 2024 18:36

Sutekh Now some caller into BBC Berks and us saying the club is about to be sold to Blue River Holdings who he says are an affiliate company of Dai Yongge and Dayong Pang and owned by Ben E King (who I thought died in 2015). Anyway no doubt yet more made up bollox for those that are avoiding the bollox you get on tw@tter.

This is 100% true, stand by me.

Pepe the Horseman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Pepe the Horseman » 21 Sep 2024 18:46

There's zero chance the EFL would let Dai sell to his mate. Isn't that what happened to Wigan and the guy just immediately stuck them in administration?

Greatwesternline
Hob Nob Addict

by Greatwesternline » 21 Sep 2024 18:58

Sutekh
Who Moved The Goalposts?
PieEater
Yeah but sell on clauses go to the club, not the (former) owner. And as Howe found out, any third party payments are illegal.

It's more likely he wanted some Premier League promotion kickback.

I recall SJM had a clause where he got more from Zingarevich when RFC were promoted the season he sold the club. That was a post-sale clause, so they can happen (though in this case SJM had only received half the cash anyway and we all know what happened when the rest was due).

Still find it hard to believe how SJM was unable to find any buyer/interest for a PL or PL challenging football club during his latter time as owner and all he could get was a totally potless Russian. If only he'd got that bit right we might still have a car park and not have a wazack for an owner.

He was selling in a business environment in which USA buyers hadn't yet been sold on football and all of Europe the continent was going through austerity and the eurozone crisis. Business conditions were tough.

It was also a distressed sale, SJM was being bled dry by his failed property ventures and he banked with RBS who were calling all his business overdrafts.

Also Zingarevich was a Russian caught up in the 2013 Cyprus banking crisis, which destroyed a lot of low level russian oligarch wealth and cashflow.

We had quite a bit of bad luck there.

5421 posts