Anyone else had ST problems?

Gregster

Anyone else had ST problems?

by Gregster » 21 Jul 2006 10:55

I sit in a group of friends (6 in total sat 2 in front of 4). We all renewed, some by the 'net, some by the paper / mail / fax process.

We sit in East stand, row X & Y.

We all got our text messages to confirm the ST applications were processed, etc and all happy.

However, one of my friends got a call the other day to tell him that somehow, his seat had been sold to a new ST holder but that they had reserved him a seat in Row B in the next block over if he wanted it.

This is my fave bit: to address his complaints, they offered to still only charge him the renewal price and not the price for a brand new season ticket. Wow, now that's very generous. Allow him to pay the same as he thought he had to renew his seat but then move him waaaaaaaaay down the stand.

RFC absolutely will not change the seats over. He's had his seat for years and yet they would rather move him than make the call to the new applicant sat in his seat.

Anyone else had any probs yet? If anyones had any success in RFC admitting their fault and re-instating their original ST seat, please post or PM me.

Cheers all.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Anyone else had ST problems?

by bobby1413 » 21 Jul 2006 11:00

Gregster I sit in a group of friends (6 in total sat 2 in front of 4). We all renewed, some by the 'net, some by the paper / mail / fax process.

We all got our text messages to confirm the ST applications were processed, etc and all happy.

However, one of my friends got a call the other day to tell him that somehow, his seat had been sold to a new ST holder but that they had reserved him a seat in Row B in the next block over if he wanted it.

This is my fave bit: to address his complaints, they offered to still only charge him the renewal price and not the price for a brand new season ticket. Wow, now that's very generous. Allow him to pay the same as he thought he had to renew his seat but then move him waaaaaaaaay down the stand.

RFC absolutely will not change the seats over. He's had his seat for years and yet they would rather move him than make the call to the new applicant sat in his seat.

Anyone else had any probs yet? If anyones had any success in RFC admitting their fault and re-instating their original ST seat, please post or PM me.

Cheers all.

Not really sure what to say. I would write a letter explaining the situation, possibly also address one to John Madejski himself.

Feel really sorry for your friend though.

This is where the shit organisation of RFC get's messy. If you buy anything for about £500, or even £100 you noramlly get a letter confirming your purchase as well as an invoice of some kind.

Not some electronic text message, which some people may not receive due to not having a mobile phone.

Good luck. Maybe also send a PM to starliason to ask him what you should do.

Gregster

by Gregster » 21 Jul 2006 11:02

Thanks mate.

Scrappy

by Scrappy » 21 Jul 2006 11:09

This seriously takes the piss from £eading £C.

Bring back the South bank

by Bring back the South bank » 21 Jul 2006 11:20

I was told my money would be coming out on the 1at July. I checked my account on the 10th and thought thats the money I have left to spend for the month. It eventually came out on the 19th leaving me akind.

Kunts

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 21 Jul 2006 11:20

Although it's not directly his responsibility I would suggest emailing Boyd Butler, he's always dealt with any queries I've had in the past very well.

Failing that Nick Ive will print almost anything about RFC and it dosn't matter if it's not true!

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 21 Jul 2006 11:28

I would seriously kick a stink up over this. If he's been in that seat for the last few seasons, it should be the new guy who's moved not him.

Gregster

by Gregster » 21 Jul 2006 11:30

STAR emailed and I'll get him to send a letter to the RFC people above. I think he has already made a stand on this but as usual, the ticket office is it's standard helpful self.

Where else do you spend £550 and get such poor customer service? Unreal.

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 21 Jul 2006 11:33

RIP ELM Park Although it's not directly his responsibility I would suggest emailing Boyd Butler, he's always dealt with any queries I've had in the past very well.

Failing that Nick Ive will print almost anything about RFC and it dosn't matter if it's not true!

Agree with that.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Jul 2006 11:43

If confirmation was received and money taken when the renewal was made then that sale MUST have taken place before the new application. Therefore I would have thought that the seat purchased rightfully belongs to the renewal.

If RFC make the existing fan move to a new seat (I would tell them to get stuffed) then they have got it seriously wrong. It would be interesting to know the legal view on this (if there is one).

Legend

by Legend » 21 Jul 2006 11:45

Bring back the South bank I was told my money would be coming out on the 1at July. I checked my account on the 10th and thought thats the money I have left to spend for the month. It eventually came out on the 19th leaving me akind.

Kunts

Keep a closer eye on your finances.

HTH

Gregster

by Gregster » 21 Jul 2006 11:46

Wycombe Royal If confirmation was received and money taken when the renewal was made then that sale MUST have taken place before the new application. Therefore I would have thought that the seat purchased rightfully belongs to the renewal.

That was exactly my argument. If they are offering him the renewal price, then they are admitting that he renewed and therefore his sale should be viewed as the initial sale.

I think this will probably all sort itself out but it's so irritating to have to spend so much time (the whole group is writing to try and escalate this) in doing so. I would have expected the new applicant to get the first call to change seats, not the established ST holder.

RFC is becoming very tiring in the pre-season. I love the club but I hate the attitude of it's low level employees.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 21 Jul 2006 11:54

Wycombe Royal If confirmation was received and money taken when the renewal was made then that sale MUST have taken place before the new application. Therefore I would have thought that the seat purchased rightfully belongs to the renewal.

If RFC make the existing fan move to a new seat (I would tell them to get stuffed) then they have got it seriously wrong. It would be interesting to know the legal view on this (if there is one).

The only mention of relocating Season Ticket Holders in the T & Cs is that the club reserves the right to relocate STH on a temporary basis due to specific circumstances.

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 21 Jul 2006 12:06

RIP ELM Park Although it's not directly his responsibility I would suggest emailing Boyd Butler, he's always dealt with any queries I've had in the past very well.

Not sure why you say it is not his responsibility - it is as the sales centre manager reports directly to the sales and marketing manager.

Freddy
Hob Nob Regular

by Freddy » 21 Jul 2006 12:31

I have always found Jackie Evans to be very helpful. Just get your friend to phone the club and ask for her.

The ticket office are generally useless and obstinate and simply repeat that their mistake is "policy". I'd not waste time with them. Go to someone who has some initaitive.

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo

by readingfc_4_life_and_beyo » 21 Jul 2006 12:39

This is bleedin' outrageous. What are they really doing at this club :evil: stupid mon£y bags.

Jay

Re: Anyone else had ST problems?

by Jay » 21 Jul 2006 12:43

bobby1413
Gregster I sit in a group of friends (6 in total sat 2 in front of 4). We all renewed, some by the 'net, some by the paper / mail / fax process.

Cheers all.

Not really sure what to say. I would write a letter explaining the situation, possibly also address one to John Madejski himself.

Same thing happened to a set of friends in the Upper West. She complained and when they told her what they've told your friends, she told them she will be in touch through her solicitor and it was sorted within the week.

Local press is a good choice too.

HTH

Sam Tubber

by Sam Tubber » 21 Jul 2006 13:10

The last response to this thread was brought to you courtesy of Billy Bullshit Productions Inc..

Jay

by Jay » 21 Jul 2006 23:10

Not at all. They have a row of 5 seats in the upper west stand (GU5, along the front). They offered her a seat in the North Stand, near the front behind the goal (B15) in Row C. Quite rightly she told them to get knotted and called their bluff, simple as that.
It could have gone either way I guess, but they accepted that it was their error and she received an apology in writing and a £20 gift voucher for the mega store. :roll:
Women are far better at complaining than us men, and they normally get their way too.

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 22 Jul 2006 01:03

Sam Tubber The last response to this thread was brought to you courtesy of Billy Bullshit Productions Inc..

Yes but your arguement falls down when you take into account that the east stand commoners can't afford solicitors, as we're all struggling to pay off our slightly cheaper season tickets.

The club are more likely to believe the poetry-reading, prawn-sandwich-nibbling, claret-quaffing toffs in the upper west when they threaten legal action.

Life isn't fair :wink:

Seriously - I hope this gets sorted, as it's just plain wrong