Rumour: John Mensah

287 posts
Bring back the South bank

by Bring back the South bank » 27 Jul 2006 13:41

Ginger Ninjas
urz_1871
Reading will NOT spend £4m on one player, not yet. Maybe if we're in a good position come January.

Didnt we bid £4.5 million for Lescott? so i think we would.

Was that not for both Lescott and Seol??

I believe we bid 4.5m for Lescott and Everton bid 5m. We were in the race until it became clear that Everton would outbid us and Lescott wanted Everton.

Jaques Francais
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Jaques Francais » 27 Jul 2006 13:45

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Apparently the big problem with the transfer is that there's about twenty African agents claiming to represent Mensah, all claiming they can set up the deal and all wanting their own rather large slice. It's the problem of signing players from abroad, often what you save on the transfer fee just goes straight to the agent.

I got an email about that the other day - they have a hidden fortune they need me to transfer through my bank. I am just about to wire them some money for the fees, and then I will have enough money to buy Mensah. The agent was from Nigeria. HTH.

arreff

by arreff » 27 Jul 2006 21:14

According to this report Reading have offered Rennes more than Four and a half Million Pounds for Mensah

http://www.footanglais.com/news.php?id=6637

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 27 Jul 2006 21:18

Translates to something like this:

Promoted in First League, Reading comes to transmit an offer of 7 million euros to stick the services of John Mensah the defender of Rennes. 23 years old the player still under contract until 2009 is also tracked by Sheffield Utd.

G'La

by G'La » 28 Jul 2006 09:04

earley_royals Translates to something like this:

Promoted in First League, Reading comes to transmit an offer of 7 million euros to stick the services of John Mensah the defender of Rennes. 23 years old the player still under contract until 2009 is also tracked by Sheffield Utd.

Hummmmmm..... Still nothing conclusive though. They don’t say if Rennes has accepted the offer and that Mensah is agreeing personal terms. Just want this (possible) signing to be done and dusted now so we can move on to getting a new central midfield player.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 28 Jul 2006 09:24

G'La

Hummmmmm..... Still nothing conclusive though. They don’t say if Rennes has accepted the offer and that Mensah is agreeing personal terms. Just want this (possible) signing to be done and dusted now so we can move on to getting a new central midfield player.

Seems to me that we've upped our bid.

I'll be surprised if Mensah's not a Reading player within the next two weeks.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 28 Jul 2006 09:26

earley_royals
G'La

Fancy a wager on that?

:wink:

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 28 Jul 2006 09:30

earley_royals
G'La

Sounds a bit optimistic if you ask me. I still can't see this deal happening.

Bring back the South bank

by Bring back the South bank » 28 Jul 2006 09:36

Big Ern
earley_royals
G'La

Sounds a bit optimistic if you ask me. I still can't see this deal happening.

Me neither. Even if it does we're massivly over paying.

Purley Bichance

by Purley Bichance » 28 Jul 2006 09:47

[quote="Mr Angry"]
Fancy a wager on that?

Wagers could be a problem

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 28 Jul 2006 11:05

Purley Bichance
Mr Angry Fancy a wager on that?

Wagers could be a problem

:D

dobcheck

by dobcheck » 28 Jul 2006 16:35

They have an interview with the rennes manager on their website and one of the questions asked is about the possible sale of their goalie and john mensah, the reply from their manager is that they have not recieved any offer for john mensah and are in not in a posistion where they have to sell players just for the money.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Jul 2006 17:56

I think Mr Angry is showing his reliability on this one.

I hope we get him, if not I can't see us getting anyone else which is rather worrying, but it's looking less and less likely.

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 28 Jul 2006 19:01

Mr Angry
earley_royals
G'La

Fancy a wager on that?

:wink:

Wager Could be a Problem

dobcheck

by dobcheck » 28 Jul 2006 21:44

Further to my earlier post, mensah played for rennes this evening in their freindly against osusuna and looks certain to be in their starting lineup for their first league game next week.

yorksroyal

by yorksroyal » 29 Jul 2006 15:02

dobcheck They have an interview with the rennes manager on their website and one of the questions asked is about the possible sale of their goalie and john mensah, the reply from their manager is that they have not recieved any offer for john mensah and are in not in a posistion where they have to sell players just for the money.

Isn't that what Martin Jol said about the Carrick/Man Utd thing?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Jul 2006 21:51

yorksroyal
dobcheck They have an interview with the rennes manager on their website and one of the questions asked is about the possible sale of their goalie and john mensah, the reply from their manager is that they have not recieved any offer for john mensah and are in not in a posistion where they have to sell players just for the money.

Isn't that what Martin Jol said about the Carrick/Man Utd thing?

Yeah but when someone offers you double the players value you take it. If we offered Rennes £8-9m for Mensah we'd almost certainly get him.

It's just Ferguson falling further down the slippery slope into senile shit manager syndrome

bobby m's syrup

by bobby m's syrup » 30 Jul 2006 21:35

dobcheck Further to my earlier post, mensah played for rennes this evening in their freindly against osusuna and looks certain to be in their starting lineup for their first league game next week.

He only played for the first half, but nevertheless,the signs are not good.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 02 Aug 2006 15:13

Sky Sports news report a £3.5 million pound bid from RFC for Mensah :shock:

HereWeCome

by HereWeCome » 02 Aug 2006 15:13

Sky Sports News just reported we have bid 3.5million for Mensah and Coppell has said we shouldn't get frustrated at lack of signings as there is likely to be a few more

287 posts