Reading Reserves

STAR Liaison
Hob Nob Regular

by STAR Liaison » 18 Aug 2006 14:25

floyd__streete
Reading Abbey [i]They have to charge a nominal amount, it helps to give them an idea of how many people are likely to turn up, how many staff to employ and what stands /car parks to open.

Absolute, total baloney.

How many stands to open up? The lower west holds, at a guess, around 4,000..... the crowd would never be any more than that for a reserve game. How many staff to employ? 3 in the refreshment stand, two operating the turnstiles at most.

Why do they "have to charge a nominal amount" exactly? My entry for reserve games last season as a STH was free - why take away about the only privilege we have as a STH?

Last season the reserve games were in the afternoon and the staffing levels were as you say but they expect the reserves games this season to be more of an occasion. It will be the focus of the 7s scheme as there are no longer first game tickets available and also for some people who can no longer come to home games anymore.

Whether expectations will be fulfilled only time will tell but they really are expecting the attraction of the opposition and the only real chance of free tickets will mean that attendences will be very different to last season's reserve games.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Aug 2006 19:35

starliaison Last season the reserve games were in the afternoon and the staffing levels were as you say but they expect the reserves games this season to be more of an occasion. It will be the focus of the 7s scheme as there are no longer first game tickets available and also for some people who can no longer come to home games anymore.

Whether expectations will be fulfilled only time will tell but they really are expecting the attraction of the opposition and the only real chance of free tickets will mean that attendences will be very different to last season's reserve games.

No longer first game tickets available? The Middlesbrough game is still on general sale for goodness sake! Plenty of tickets available for youngsters to watch the first team, as I expect/fear will be the case for 75% of the fixtures this season.

Believe me, I am totally supportive of engaging a new generation of fans but this will most likely end up with a lower west stand full of little scrotes wearing their Arsenal and Spurs shirts getting in for free whilst I, a loyal season ticket holder for ten years who always made an effort to get to one or two 2pm k.o Combination League games against frankly unglamorous opposition, have to pay three quid to watch these reserve games.

It seems to me that the club couldn't give two hoots about looking after loyal, long term supporters who make every effort to support the club at every level and in that respect I am an increasingly discontented season ticket holder. Yet another stinker of a decision from some of the genius minds behind the scenes at the football club, but it's perhaps naive of me to expect any better.

Whistle

by Whistle » 18 Aug 2006 20:24

does the car park pass allow free parking for reserve games?

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 18 Aug 2006 23:07

Whistle does the car park pass allow free parking for reserve games?

That'll be seven of your finest english pounds sire.
:wink: