Injured ...

3points
Hob Nob Regular

Re: BURNLEY (a) match thread sponsored by Leroy's ankle

by 3points » 26 Sep 2015 19:57

Royalwaster
rfc58 Why was Vydra out ?

Injured ...

Clarke said he's likely to be unavailable next weekend but should be alright after the international break. Same for Quinn as well

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 26 Sep 2015 20:31

3points
RG7Fan Listened to the second half on BBCRB - sounds like we came under sustained pressure for the last 20-25 mins. Last year I'm sure we would have crumbled to a draw or a loss.

This year we are so much more composed and confident - what a great squad we have now. On Tues against Everton we made 8 changes and we bossed the first half. At the same time we had a bench that was also quality. We have 2 Chelsea players (ok maybe Hector doesn't really count there), a player we paid a 2.5m loan fee for, and another that has a 45m buyout clause. I don't pretend to have much football knowledge but you have to be happy with our current situation.

Teams will definitely be starting to take notice of us now. Don't think we were in anyone's promotion predictions. But I think that will have changed after Ipswich and today.

And the best thing is, I'm now looking forward to the next game. Last season it was a real drudge to keep turning up week in week out

I don't know whether that is a good thing or whether we want to slip under the radar for a few more games. Either way its a hell of a lot more enjoyable this year than last, even if the two of us did have to be a gay couple to get our tickets :-) ...

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 26 Sep 2015 20:58

Probably the most imporessive thing about this win is that we done it without, Sa, Vydra, Quinn and Ferdinand, four first team "certs" after their performances so far this season. Just goes to show the depth of squad that we have now with replacements coming in saying "drop me if you dare" to manager Steve Clark. We have finally have a squad with no divine rights to be in the starting eleven.

RG7Fan

by RG7Fan » 26 Sep 2015 21:04

howser Probably the most imporessive thing about this win is that we done it without, Sa, Vydra, Quinn and Ferdinand, four first team "certs" after their performances so far this season. Just goes to show the depth of squad that we have now with replacements coming in saying "drop me if you dare" to manager Steve Clark. We have finally have a squad with no divine rights to be in the starting eleven.

Yep. And that's what was impressive in my mind about the Everton game. 8 changes, 5 top players on the bench and we still came within a whisker of beating an in form top flight Premier League team. If we don't get top 6 this season it wont be for the lack of trying and if we get auto promotion Clarke will be hailed as a genius.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 26 Sep 2015 21:33

Credit to SC as well as the owners for backing him. Never doubted SC, you can see he has what it takes to get the players going, was not sure the owners would fully back him though!

Royal Ginger
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal Ginger » 26 Sep 2015 21:43

Now, i qualify this as only what i heard on the radio because i'm out of the country, but what i liked about this victory was that it was a different game plan. So far this season we've been a very attacking team relying on defenders who are possibly a bit too good for this league, but today we completely surprised Burnley by sitting back and hitting them on the break. Sounded like a fine display of "negative" football. We've finally got a plan B.