Coppell lost us that one ...

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 04 Sep 2007 21:59

Mad Dog's Ghost I think Doyle's carrying a knock. The pacy, strong, all action bundle of energy isn't quite there at the moment. Give Lita and Kitson a chance together.

Didn't he say as much pre-season? I don't think some striker rotation would go amiss at the moment - gives Doyle a rest, Kitson and Lita some more match time, and all of them a bit more competition.

My biggest worry is the defence. Last season was built on a settled defence, the last two games it's looked anything but.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Sep 2007 10:28

RoyalBlue
Hoop Blah Don't forget they're quite different characters. Murts is now well acustomed to being on the TV etc whereas Shorey is a lot more reserved and less experienced. His body language is probably more a reflection on his unease at being on a sofa chatting to Kamara infront of the TV camera's as opposed to being rejected a move to West Ham.

Maybe it was the presence of Clare Tomlinson in such close proximity that was troubling a newly married man! :wink:

Personally, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there wasn't a small fire burning behind all of this smoke coming from our WHU visitors to this board.

Sadly, regardless of which club they support, the paying fans are rarely told the full story/truth behind transfer dealings. I wouldn't take absolutely everything coming out from RFC as being gospel anymore than I would dismiss absolutely everything coming out of WHU as being complete b*llocks.

I'm not discounting any of it. I think he probably did want to go.

I'm just pointing out that his body language on a TV program probably doesn't have much to do with whether the club gave in to his wishes or not and more to do with him not being comfortable infront of the cameras.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 05 Sep 2007 12:36

I wasn't dismissing your theories on body language - only joking about it, hence the smillie.

Nor was I trying to argue that the body language supported any of the stories.

Leamington Royal

by Leamington Royal » 05 Sep 2007 13:20

I thought Kitson and Lita should have started up front before KO, and the way the game went confirmed it. Kitson is fit (for once), was starting to play well when suspended and has always been impressive against West Ham previously. By contrast Doyle has failed to impress so far this season and looks jaded. An ideal time to re-introduce Kitson. His performance off the bench means he must come in for Doyle now surely?

I thought our main problem was that we had not done our homework on West Ham's attacking strengths. I can see why Duberry was brought in to cope with Ashton's ariel strengths, but thought Bikey was the only defender with a chance of coping with Bellamy's pace. Ashton's still VERY unfit, Bellamy isn't - wrong choice!

I don't think this game was about how we did down the right wing. There were much bigger problems elsewhere.