Dim Tellor Twitter Rant

143 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Dim Tellor Twitter Rant

by sandman » 18 Sep 2013 12:09

Well that's not good enough and anyway, McCleary should have told her to hold it so he could play.

This whole episode has really made me doubt his commitment to the club.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Sep 2013 12:13

sandman Well that's not good enough and anyway, McCleary should have told her to hold it so he could play.

This whole episode has really made me doubt his commitment to the club.

:lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Sep 2013 12:14

Not too sure how many parents on here have deliberately wanted to keep news of their child's birth a bit of a secret from anyone tbh. Client "Can I speak to xx please?" Reception "Sorry he's not hear at the moment, it's nothing to worry about, but he's not here" Client " :| " as opposed to
"Can I speak to xx please?" "Sorry, he's not here for the next few days, he's just become a father!" "Hey that's great, send him my congratulations if you speak to him - just ask him to call me on his return. etc etc"

I really don't care how many kids any of the players have, when they have them or how much time they want to take off, I just find it strange that, unless there is some underlying problem, that people aren't happy and proud to let others know they've just had a baby. Must just be me then. Carry on.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 18 Sep 2013 12:18

Royal Lady I really don't care how many kids any of the players have, when they have them or how much time they want to take off, I just find it strange that, unless there is some underlying problem, that people aren't happy and proud to let others know they've just had a baby. Must just be me then.

Don't worry, it's not just you. It's all women of a certain age.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Sep 2013 12:20

Royal Lady Not too sure how many parents on here have deliberately wanted to keep news of their child's birth a bit of a secret from anyone tbh. Client "Can I speak to xx please?" Reception "Sorry he's not hear at the moment, it's nothing to worry about, but he's not here" Client " :| " as opposed to
"Can I speak to xx please?" "Sorry, he's not here for the next few days, he's just become a father!" "Hey that's great, send him my congratulations if you speak to him - just ask him to call me on his return. etc etc"

I really don't care how many kids any of the players have, when they have them or how much time they want to take off, I just find it strange that, unless there is some underlying problem, that people aren't happy and proud to let others know they've just had a baby. Must just be me then. Carry on.

Some people prefer to keep personal things private. Maybe he had some relatives who hadn't been informed and he didn't want them finding out via the radio or social media.

Whatever the reason it is none of our f*%@ing business.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 18 Sep 2013 12:32

Christ, RL is taking the nosey old bat to the next level here.

I NEVER talk about my personal life at work. Never. It's just not something I care to share with work colleagues, let alone the entire RFC fanbase and the world at large.

Let the guy have his privacy ffs.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Sep 2013 12:33

Royal Lady Not too sure how many parents on here have deliberately wanted to keep news of their child's birth a bit of a secret from anyone tbh. Client "Can I speak to xx please?" Reception "Sorry he's not hear at the moment, it's nothing to worry about, but he's not here" Client " :| " as opposed to

so despite dellor saying he knew the reason, it was a personal thing, and realy nothing to worry about, its just he'd been asked not to say.
someone else confirming that he reason the club had requested it was because mcleary had specifically requested it.

youre still going off on one.

you really are a bit odd.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Sep 2013 12:34

I'm not going off on one, I'm just stating that I find it odd and I bet there are a few other people who do too, they just won't say it on here!

Anyway, good for him and all that - wonder if he's playing tonight?

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 18 Sep 2013 12:36

Royal Lady I'm not going off on one, I'm just stating that I find it odd and I bet there are a few other people who do too, they just won't say it on here!

?

yeah, cos people are always holding back on saying stuff, and asking daft oxf*rd questions on here aint they?

MouldyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by MouldyRoyal » 18 Sep 2013 12:43

Restraint has long been the watch word of this fine board.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 18 Sep 2013 12:48

leon Debating whether we should know if a players partner has gone into labour is a new low even for the team board. Is there nothing you gimps won't argue about?

Nice one leon.

Magic Hat

by Magic Hat » 18 Sep 2013 13:05

Royal Lady I'm not going off on one, I'm just stating that I find it odd and I bet there are a few other people who do too, they just won't say it on here!

Anyway, good for him and all that - wonder if he's playing tonight?

Maybe they preferred to tell their family and friends personally as opposed to having it announced on the radio and twitter?

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Sep 2013 14:05

I certainly would have checked twitter first before hearing whether my grandchildren had been born, that's for sure!

I understand what you're saying - but if the family and friends did not know she'd gone into labour, they'd have probably guessed as much when he was missing from the squad on Sunday anyway. :wink: Clearly, it's wrong to make any comment on what is, agree or not, a relatively unusual situation regarding a footballer and any announcement of the birth of his child. Anyway, at least it's stopped people ranting about that lovely Mr Dellor chap.... :wink:

joeroyal

by joeroyal » 18 Sep 2013 14:40

MouldyRoyal Restraint has long been the watch word of this fine board.

How sick yuk :lol:

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 18 Sep 2013 15:07

I cant understand why he didnt announce it on HNA why his wife went in to labour. :roll:

Maybe its because its none of you oxf*rd business you nosey bastards

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 18 Sep 2013 15:14

bigmike I cant understand why he didnt announce it on HNA why his wife went in to labour. :roll:

Who was talking about him mentioning it on HNA?

and who listens to freaking word YOU have to say after Gylfi g8. :twisted:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 18 Sep 2013 15:40

melonhead ill put up with all of dellors nonsense just so i can here his voice crack with sheer joy every time we score a goal tbf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOjuTu39bOY

Cureton's Volley
Hob Nob Regular

by Cureton's Volley » 18 Sep 2013 15:53

Mike Hunt
melonhead ill put up with all of dellors nonsense just so i can here his voice crack with sheer joy every time we score a goal tbf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOjuTu39bOY

<3 this bit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOjuTu39bOY&feature=youtu.be&t=1m26s

"Pavel Pogrebnyk YOU LEGEND!!" :D

bigmike
Hob Nob Regular

by bigmike » 18 Sep 2013 16:02

Royal Lady
bigmike I cant understand why he didnt announce it on HNA why his wife went in to labour. :roll:

Who was talking about him mentioning it on HNA?

and who listens to freaking word YOU have to say after Gylfi g8. :twisted:

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 18 Sep 2013 16:52

Did we ever find out why McCleary didn't play on Sunday?

:wink:

143 posts