Back from the Bristol City Game

123 posts
Bucks Dave

Re: Back from the Bristol City Game

by Bucks Dave » 26 Feb 2009 14:52

I was a little sad to see how crap Scott Murray actually was.

SC said one thing this week which made me think - he wouldn't change places with another team in the Championship. And at the moment I completely agree.

Swansea? might make the playoffs but easily beaten by Watford - now that would have had the Hobnobbers foaming at the mouth.
Cardiff? Two 0-0 draws to weaken their games in hand.
Wolves? Fans make Hobnobbers look like optimists and current form far worse than ours.

Nope. No-one.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 26 Feb 2009 14:56

Mr Angry On a lighter note, who else thought that when Scott Murray came on, he and SHunt looked like the beginnings of an embryonic Hobbiton United team; they have a tricky away tie against their deadly local rivals, Mordor City, at their infamous Mount Doom Stadium next week; after that, the Twin Towers are in sight.

I think the Hobbiton manager, Gandalf (who has gone grey with all the stress) is going to ring the changes for that one!

was the only plus point of the whole second half
and had us in the north stand chuckling

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 26 Feb 2009 15:24

Sun Tzu
Snowball Well there have been three red cards causing changes, Marek's injury, USA's injury, that's immediately covered 5/10 changes, then there's Armstrong's arrival, so that's 6 "automatic" changes... Sonko leaving was another...
Convey was only in for Shunt while Shunt was FB so that's 8. Oh, and Ingi's injury (9)

There have (according to your figures) been 14, not 10 changes. If two changes are made in a team and one of them is because a player is injured / suspended then the other must be a selectional change.

There have been a total of 29 changes. But not all changes are necessarily the manager stirring things up.

Example, SHunt was a stand-in LB and so when we got Armstrong that meant "two changes"
Armstrong in, SHunt moved, Convey dropped to make the LW spot available.

Similarly if one MF is injured, Copps might think he needs to change BOTH to get the fit he thinks is right.

123 posts