CONFIRMED - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

455 posts
Harry Carry

Re: Kitson to return?

by Harry Carry » 10 Mar 2009 09:13

I think you fickle fans should swallow your pride and be pleased he's coming back. You can't blame him for wanting to play in the Prem and earn more money, we'd all go for better, higher paid jobs if we could. It didn't work out for him, so get over it.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 09:14

cmonurz Not to dampen what is obviously a good signing, but are these two loan deals almost an acceptance by Coppell that he isn't quite up to it in the transfer market?

That crossed my mind, but actually I'm more of the mind that he's only doing this one to stop our rivals getting him.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:15

Harry Carry I think you fickle fans should swallow your pride and be pleased he's coming back. You can't blame him for wanting to play in the Prem and earn more money, we'd all go for better, higher paid jobs if we could. It didn't work out for him, so get over it.

:shock:

Whoosh me if you will, but this appears to be a sensible post from HC.

royaldownunder

by royaldownunder » 10 Mar 2009 09:16

Kitson did wonders for us but was also one of the egos that dropped us out of the premiership - whos to say he won't jump ship again given the chance?

One good thing is that we'll have the aerial threat again which we've been missing of late and the Doyle/ Kitson partnership has a good history!

He was on amazing form a few years back but is in the midst of a goal drought (0 from 18 games makes pretty depressing reading!)... the last things we need at this stage in the season another striker who's poor on form and confidence, stick him in the reserves for a couple of games and see how he goes... Hopefully this will all come good!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: RUMOUR - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

by Royal Lady » 10 Mar 2009 09:19

I so hope this comes true, the couple sat behind me who proclaimed a few weeks ago that we'd "got rid of our worst striker ever, to Stoke" will, hopefully, decide never to darken the East Stand again. I'm beginning to think the likes of Little and Kitson have realised that they should be ever so slightly more humble than they were previously. It might also serve to show the likes of SHunt that however great you may think you are, not everyone, premiership managers included, think the same. Might make SHunt knuckle down a bit now and realise that getting RFC back to the Prem and staying with us will give him far more kudos than a £5 million move to Wigan or somewhere, where he might just end up playing for the reserves.

Wantage Royal

by Wantage Royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:19

Row Z Royal
Harry Carry I think you fickle fans should swallow your pride and be pleased he's coming back. You can't blame him for wanting to play in the Prem and earn more money, we'd all go for better, higher paid jobs if we could. It didn't work out for him, so get over it.

i was thinking the same thing.

Matt de K

by Matt de K » 10 Mar 2009 09:20

cmonurz Not to dampen what is obviously a good signing, but are these two loan deals almost an acceptance by Coppell that he isn't quite up to it in the transfer market?

W T F???????

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Mar 2009 09:22

Nezhen ...lazy and technically inept footballer...

When he has a point to prove he is far from lazy, although at times when he felt he'd made it I'd agree he slacked off a bit, but technically inept????

Are you kidding? Kitson was our most technically gifted forward. His touch and ability on the ball far outweighed the others and it's only his lack of pace that means he's not got Doyles ability to go past players.

Having his touch and vision back in a Reading shirt will be fantastic.

Wantage Royal

by Wantage Royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:22

Or isn't it more likely that he is calling upon two players who he knows well and is confident they can add something to the squad for the final part of the season.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 10 Mar 2009 09:23

Kitson back!. Just got a text. Lets hope it works out, he can hit the ground running. I wonder where in the pecking order Kitson / LIta wil be in SC masterplan.
It's a funny old world!

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 10 Mar 2009 09:26

The White Pele and Big Dave return to the Biscuitmen?
I think I may have to knock one out.

Dave only scores for the Reading
Scores for the Reeeaaaaaa-ding
Dave only scores for the Reading [and Cambridge]

This news is monumental - two great loan signings if you ask me. They fill the gap for now and who knows, maybe they have one more season left in them in the Prem with Reading......getting ahead of myself now....

Archies Left Foot
Location: Well it's something your mother can't abide, but it's something that I freely prescribe

by Archies Left Foot » 10 Mar 2009 09:26

Man Friday
madmickb I like Kitson but it was him i believe that said a lot of nasty things about his team mates after he left, I wonder how well he is going to be recieved if he did come back.

What did he say? I don't recall him saying any nasty things except that a few players (by his own admission himself included) were taking themselves a bit too seriously and acting as though they had made it. He's obviously realised the error of his ways and has learnt. Not sure that this is a good move though for the Club although I was gutted when he left.

This is what I have been thinking, all this ranting that he burnt his bridges.. what he actually did was tell the truth. Anyone remember the "baby Bentley" comments by Alan Curbishley after we tonked the Hammers in our first season up? Kitson's comments were along similar lines. And I dont think Kitson was the architect of our downfall, the team was as a whole were responsible. I think players like S Hunt are more guilty of undermining the team through his comments he made during the transfer window re not being informed of so called imaginary bids...!

Add the accusations of jumping ship, you could pratically say that about every single football player that leaves a team to go and play in a higher division for more money is guilty of such a crime.

I for one think he is one of the best all round players we have seen in recent years, how often would you see him closing the keeper down and then running back to put that tackle in on the midfielder taking the ball forward, and we haven't had such a good target man since the days of Martin Butler.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:27

My F5 button's going to be worn out soon.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 10 Mar 2009 09:28

Wantage Royal
Row Z Royal

i was thinking the same thing.

And me. Someone's hacked his account.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 09:28

The line-up versus Ipswich is going to be very interesting.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 10 Mar 2009 09:28

Row Z Royal My F5 button's going to be worn out soon.

Is that a euphemism?

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Mar 2009 09:29

I actually can't believe this - thought it was a joke thread when I saw it a moment ago.

Fcking hell, if he stays injury-free then this is a brilliant move. Jesus :shock:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:30

That Friday Feeling
Row Z Royal My F5 button's going to be worn out soon.

Is that a euphemism?

:D

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Mar 2009 09:30

The return of Little and Kits could very well be cruciate to our promotion drive.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Row Z Royal » 10 Mar 2009 09:31

Uke The return of Little and Kits could very well be cruciate to our promotion drive.

***Shakes head***

TOTP

455 posts