Stephen Hunt to Hull - fee agreed

412 posts
The Rouge
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Stephen Hunt to Hull

by The Rouge » 10 Aug 2009 21:09

Royal Rother Good luck to SHunt if this comes off.

He epitomised everything about what made the club out-perform everybody's expectations in the 1st season in the PL.

Even since then when his form has been patchy and his gob has got him into hot water with RFC fans, he never failed to give 100% on the pitch and, for a while in both of the last 2 years, was our best player.

I for one, shall not forget his contribution to the best times this club has ever had.

I haven't read the whole thread but am I seriously alone in thinking this?

No you are not. If you add to your statement 'he has not conducted himself to my liking when talking to the media and could have shown a little it more respect to RFC' then I could have written it myself.

When Hunt was playing well, Reading always did well. For 18 months he was absolutely brilliant (as well as for the first 10 games of last season) and for that period was one of the most effective players I have ever seen in the hoops.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 10 Aug 2009 21:10

Is 3 million a typo ? :o

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 10 Aug 2009 21:10

Royal Rother The 1st 3 months of the 2nd PL season he was our best player. (Did he not get Player of the Season award?)

The first couple of months of last season he was our best player.

That's probably correct (as in form observations)

Don't really understand why everyone's wetting themselves about this - we've known for ages he'd be on his way and although the money is good it is what we expected.

Overall this is just the final chapter in a book I stopped Reading months ago.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 10 Aug 2009 21:12

Wongle The Hull lads already have a link on the fansite and they think that we just have sour grapes and are making all of this up. They genuinely believe that Hunt has been waiting to play for Hull as they are a mega club, and that we will be sad to seem him leave!!!!!

It also says that Stoke were in to sign him yesterday and they have pulled off a right coup by signing him from under their noses!

:D :) :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 10 Aug 2009 21:13

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you all just shut up until the funds have cleared. Someone from Hull might be reading this.

Hunt's treated this club and its fans with contempt for the best part of a year, for that reason he can sod off with my blessing regardless of what he did in previous seasons.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 10 Aug 2009 21:20

Royal Rother The 1st 3 months of the 2nd PL season he was our best player. (Did he not get Player of the Season award?)

+1

People have short memories. And he was never our worst player. Ever.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 10 Aug 2009 21:21

he could go up in the back of Denzil's lorry

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 10 Aug 2009 21:23

Schards#2 SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you all just shut up until the funds have cleared. Someone from Hull might be reading this.

Hunt's treated this club and its fans with contempt for the best part of a year, for that reason he can sod off with my blessing regardless of what he did in previous seasons.

Stephen hunt is worth every penny of the 5,5 million pounds in his 'getout' clause and he only wants to leave Reading FC because a bigger club like Hull will satisfy his ambitions. It will be a sad day for Reading when he leaves, Hull fans, as he has shown unswerving loyalty to Reading Football Club and its fans.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Stephen Hunt to Hull - fee agreed

by Royalee » 10 Aug 2009 21:24

I'm excited.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Aug 2009 21:24

During the first Premiership season and start of the 2nd season he was awesome. For that i thank him, but sadly after that his performances and his personality deteriorated beyond repair.

Interestingly, he could be making his debut live on Sky this Saturday away to Chelsea - OUCH!!!!!

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 10 Aug 2009 21:25

Just hope now we use the funds to go and get Tommy Smith!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Aug 2009 21:28

paultheroyal Just hope now we use the funds to go and get Tommy Smith!

That sounds like a certainty - Russo's statement today seems to have paved the way. I guess Hammond has been working hard behind the scenes and has now given Russo the nod that he can start "leaking" the news again that Smith will be going.

trueroyal1871

by trueroyal1871 » 10 Aug 2009 21:29

I will be laughing my head off if Hull sign him, seriously overated player, I honestly do not see how not being able to consistently cross, beat your man or beat the first defender when taking a corner but you give 100% makes you a good winger. His is nothing but a reputation I'm glad he will finally be gone and I know we've certainly got the better player of the two brothers cheers PhiLOL Brown :lol:

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 10 Aug 2009 21:29

The Rouge
Royal Rother Good luck to SHunt if this comes off.

He epitomised everything about what made the club out-perform everybody's expectations in the 1st season in the PL.

Even since then when his form has been patchy and his gob has got him into hot water with RFC fans, he never failed to give 100% on the pitch and, for a while in both of the last 2 years, was our best player.

I for one, shall not forget his contribution to the best times this club has ever had.

I haven't read the whole thread but am I seriously alone in thinking this?

No you are not. If you add to your statement 'he has not conducted himself to my liking when talking to the media and could have shown a little it more respect to RFC' then I could have written it myself.

When Hunt was playing well, Reading always did well. For 18 months he was absolutely brilliant (as well as for the first 10 games of last season) and for that period was one of the most effective players I have ever seen in the hoops.

I am with you guys as well. He improved greatly as a player and carried us as a team at times. It's too bad that he is now hated by the majority of Reading supporters due to his lack of media savvy. I understand that he meant what he said, but if he would have been less obvious in his intentions he could have left the fans at Reading supporting him (like Doyle and Marcus) but now he will get an earful of boo birds if he ever plays against us.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 10 Aug 2009 21:31

glass half full
Schards#2 SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen Hunt is worth every penny of the £5.5 million in his 'getout' clause and he only wants to leave Reading FC because a bigger club like Hull will satisfy his ambitions. It will be a sad day for Reading when he leaves, Hull fans, as he has shown unswerving loyalty to Reading Football Club and its fans.

I agree. It's a tragic day for Reading FC and he's worth every penny of the £5.5 million. In fact I would say we are being robbed. He's worth at least £5,500.009.99.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 10 Aug 2009 21:37

Royal Rother
paultheroyal Just hope now we use the funds to go and get Tommy Smith!

That sounds like a certainty - Russo's statement today seems to have paved the way. I guess Hammond has been working hard behind the scenes and has now given Russo the nod that he can start "leaking" the news again that Smith will be going.

And risk getting gazumped? I doubt it. Hammond wouldn't be saying anything of the sort. He'll be back on the phone first thing tomorrow morning though, that I'm sure of.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 10 Aug 2009 21:38

rabidbee

+1

People have short memories. And he was never our worst player. Ever.

On both occasions I'd have Doyle ahead of him, and in the first instance Kitson, and Bikey also in the latter. What a sentence.

He was a good impact player off the bench, he scored a lot of tap ins, headers and penalties, and he worked well with his brother. He went through a period of being able to take a good corner. £3.5m? Not even at his peak.

Tony Le Mesmer
Hob Nob Regular

by Tony Le Mesmer » 10 Aug 2009 21:49

SCIAG He was a good impact player off the bench, he scored a lot of tap ins, headers and penalties, and he worked well with his brother. He went through a period of being able to take a good corner. £3.5m? Not even at his peak.

so lets look at some facts

1. Reading thought he was worth 25k a week
2. Hull think he is worth £3m+
3. He was voted best player in the chamionship, or something along those lines.
4. He has been a regular in the Ireland squad under different managers.

You're telling me they are all wrong?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 10 Aug 2009 21:49

May I change my mind?

I want to know why that squeeky twat is flogging our stars on the cheap :evil:

Hunty's worth all of that 30k a week and if the dump that inflicted Prescott on us want him add another £2m.

Rax

by Rax » 10 Aug 2009 21:54

Wikipedia wrote

He won a Sega Megadrive on The Furry Green Telly Quiz on RTE in 1997.

Really??

:lol: :lol:

412 posts